It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting tarot reading RE: America.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Check my history; I don't post here often. Usually I just lurk unless something weird comes along or I can't stand someone's stupidity anymore and feel obligated to denounce them.

That being said.. I infrequently check facade.com's "personal" readings. I do my own personality in two parts - public and private. Occasionally I'll get the urge to do something weird with this particular system and those compulsions lead to generally very interesting results. On a side note, I have no affiliation with facade.com - just an interest in tarot and good experiences using their engine.

For the first time ever I decided to try this:

Public Name: America
Birth name: The united states of america
Nickname: USA.
Birthdate: 7/4/1776.

As soon as you load a personal profile you get your personal significator. America's? - The emporer.
So I think "Interesting..." so I begin digging deeper.

The most interesting, and relevant part of this goes into the tarot. I'll post the link and then the results so that they're forever immortalized into this thread. I think you'll find the results intriguing and actually rather blunt.

www.facade.com...

The Cross and Triangle spread is a powerful means of understanding complex situations, developed by the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn. This spread is rich in occult and mystical symbolism, and one of our favorites here at Facade. The Aquatic Tarot is a modern watercolor interpretation of the classic Rider Waite symbolism. It is rapidly becoming one of the most popular decks, due to both its spectacular beauty and its traditional imagery.

Click for Details The first card, the significator, is placed in the center of the cross. This card represents the prime energy manifest in your life. Five of Pentacles (Worry), when reversed: Concern over finance leads to prudent action. Impending physical threat is met with calm and skill. Suffering and loneliness leads to spiritual growth. Stress is met without resorting to excess or the pursuit of oblivion.

Click for Details The second card, placed above the significator, represents Air. It describes your spirit, process of thought, and the influence of reason. Three of Pentacles (Works), when reversed: Delays in the commencement of business, commercial transactions, or employment. Holding back or failing to use one's abilities to their full potential. Shoddy workmanship and lack of attention to detail. Being hamstrung by convention, or failing to temper artistic fancy with an understanding of reality.

Click for Details The third card, placed to the right of the significator, represents Fire. It describes your motivations, creative energies, and the influence of passion. Ten of Pentacles (Wealth): Completion of material prosperity and riches. Freedom from financial anxiety, the security of home, and the enjoyment of family. The passing of inheritance along to children, or the gaining of inheritance from parents.

Click for Details The fourth card, placed below the significator, represents Water. It describes your emotions, meditations, and the influence of love. Ace of Pentacles, when reversed: The seed of luxury, debauchery, and physical gratification. The seductions of the material world draw you away from an opportunity for stability and comfort. The need to focus on the practical and understand the dynamics of your environment. May represent a gift, document, inheritance, or physical event.

Click for Details The fifth card, placed to the left of the significator represents Earth. It describes your physical presence, position in life, and the influence of the material world. Queen of Wands, when reversed: The dark essence of fire behaving as water, such as steam: The natural embodiment of passion and sensuality, who will do anything to the be the center of attention. A seducer who calculatingly dons the guise of what others desire. A cocky and domineering person, who pushes anyone or anything aside to get what she wants. One who is vengeful and quick to take offense without good cause. May indicate infidelity and contempt for a relationship.

Click for Details At this point the cross is complete and the triangle is formed. The sixth card, placed on the bottom left of the triangle represents one of two opposing forces. Three of Cups (Abundance): A time of merriment and reflection spent in the company of friends and loved ones. The conclusion of a matter in plenty and perfection. The strength of a diverse community being brought together. May suggest a celebration, festival, anniversary, wedding, baby shower, or other joyous gathering.

Click for Details The seventh card, placed on the bottom right of the triangle represents the force that opposes the bottom left card. These forces may be external, but they are frequently one's own inner archetypes in conflict. Nine of Pentacles (Gain), when reversed: Bad luck attending material affairs. Elitism and snobbishness. Lack discipline resulting in the erosion of security and stability. Contempt for the exact labors that brought one to a position of refinement. Dishonesty in financial matters.

Click for Details The eighth card, the reconciler, is placed below the cross in the third vertex of the triangle. This is the force that will resolve the conflict between the bottom left and bottom right cards. By meditating on this force and bringing more of it into your life, you can bring the matter at hand to a swifter conclusion than would naturally occur. Ace of Wands: The seed of a new venture - perhaps as yet unseen. An opportunity to be met with boldness, vigor, and enthusiasm. The herald of birth, invention, or entrepreneurship. An innate and primal force released. May suggest a surge of vitality, creativity, or fertility that can set things in motion.

Now the big one

Click for Details The ninth and final card, placed in the center bottom of the triangle, represents the final outcome unless you change course. Judgement: A swift and conclusive decision. The resolution of a matter long unanswered. A change in point of view, most frequently towards greater enlightenment. Final balancing of karma.

What do you think?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I should mention the spread, the cards, etc are all randomly chosen, so I find the extreme synchronization of this particular series very telling.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by rlnochance

While it is definitely interesting, I think more than anything it is just a coincidence.

I don't have very much faith in the accuracy of Tarot card readings.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I read tarot cards for people I know and I've had them come back saying : Omg, everything you said was true

And I'm like : Huh...ok cool

Of course, you shouldn't believe in it blindly but it seems to me, tarot cards are a tool of many to see in the universal consciousness of time and space.

I'm not sure if I would trust an online site, especially for a type of reading I wouldn't even try...a country?
It's just too vague to give any accurate reading.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by rlnochance

so how would you interpret the results as a whole ?
i would love to hear what you think of the spread.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by User8911

I would normally agree about online sites, but as I stated I get decent results from this site.
To each their own
Normally I have my wife do Tarot for me. She's a trip. She's got a hell of a gift for getting the right cards, but no ability to understand their meanings. So usually I get these amazing readings and she just looks at me and goes "ok, what does it mean?"

Therein lies I suppose my gift - analysis of the card spread. For this particular one there are several confluences which affect it:

1) Spontaneous compulsion to do it (the first time in 3 years of using this site on a reasonably regular basis)
2) The specific name(S)/birthdate/etc (Case seems to affect it)
3) Today's date (as each result is calculated from what I can tell using today's date as a random seed).
4) The randomization of the spread, randomization of whether reversals are allowed, if a significator is used, etc.

The runes were interesting as well and pretty straightforward.

Runes:
The Norn spread is used to plot the crucial elements of past, present, and future, and to reveal the evolution of the situation through the arc of time. Stone Runes are most commonly used for questions about the natural world and things beyond human control.
The left rune represents an important element of the past. Gebo means gift, and like any gifts, the rune may be understood on many levels. Gifts are generally positive things, for both the giver and the recipient. In many cultures however, gifts and favors carry with them an obligation to respond in kind. It is for this reason that gifts, and hence the rune Gebo, are frequently symbolic of friendships, marriages, alliances, mergers, and other bonds between people or organizations. Gebo is a strong rune and the unions represented are strong as well.
Moreover, Gebo is not reversible, as true friendships are not easily undone.

The middle rune represents a deciding element of the present. Man refers to Mankind and your interaction with the whole of human population. This rune is reversed, suggesting a separation from your fellow man. There is a lack of harmony in your interaction with others, either because you do not accept society or society does not accept you. Alternatively, this rune may also represent your separation from nature, and your ability to rise above the base level of being. As the rune is reversed, this may suggest an incomplete level of spiritual attainment or an intellectual block.

The right rune represents the critical element of the future. Algiz plainly shows the antlers of the elk that it represents. The elk is the object of the hunt, and hence Algiz speaks to the pursuit of goals and the thrill of that pursuit. The rune is currently shown reversed, so this could suggest a failed endeavor or a lack of effort. Algiz is also representative of a protective hand (fingers open wide), so the reversed form may indicate a failed defense.

Short interpretation: It's a gift to have this country, but America tramples mankind and thus is distanced to it. As such we could see it's undoing.

As to the tarot:

Most of it shows our governments preoccupation with elitism and money. Power and control, and the negative effects that it has on the world around us. As such, it could lead to judgment (possibly in the biblical sense, given the picture on the card). Seemed pretty straightforward to me. I'd give a more detailed interpretation but I'm at work and having troubling getting time set aside to do all this speculative interwebz chit-chat

Ultra short ver: Tarot says we're run by greedy powermongers who will bring about their own doom if they don't change their ways

new topics

top topics

join