It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indiana Supreme Court Threatened After Allowing Warrantless Searches

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by indy0725
reply to post by TrueAmerican

They can't do it.The sources he is using are not right.

Dude, it's all over the friggin net.

Outrage leading to action against Ind. Supreme Court ruling

INDIANAPOLIS | A Northwest Indiana state senator troubled by an Indiana Supreme Court ruling that Hoosiers have no right to resist illegal police entry into their homes will support legislation that effectively could overturn the decision.

At the same time, a Statehouse rally is planned for next week, and petitions are being circulated to register opposition to the outcome in Barnes v. State.

State Sen. Ed Charbonneau, R-Valparaiso, said he will work with state Sen. Mike Young, R-Indianapolis, to craft legislation in 2012 clarifying Indiana's self-defense law to explicitly permit Hoosiers to resist illegal entry by a police officer.

"While times change, our rights protected in the (U.S.) Constitution do not," Charbonneau said. "Americans must live freely without fear of unwarranted intrusion by an oppressive government."

In a 3-2 decision written by Justice Steven David, appointed in 2010 by Republican Gov. Mitch Daniels, the state's high court said "modern Fourth Amendment jurisprudence" makes the common law right to resist unnecessary because civil remedies are available through the courts.

"Allowing resistance unnecessarily escalates the level of violence and therefore the risk of injuries to all parties involved without preventing the arrest," David said.

But Young believes essentially scrapping Fourth Amendment protections against illegal search and seizure sets a dangerous precedent.

"When someone enters your home illegally at 3 a.m., your first thought is not what court will have jurisdiction, but, rather, what do I need to do to protect my family?" Young said.

www.nwitimes.com...

Yeah, and read the rest of that article too. People organizing and very pissed already.

They are NOT going to get away with this Nazism. It's BS.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I was going to start a new thread, but think the following story is most relevant here.

School Wants To Allow Bus Drivers To Search Students

The above story is from Indiana, what are they putting in the water in that state to make those in power want these types of invasive procedures.

A western Indiana school district wants to give its bus drivers the authority to search students for weapons or drugs.

The Tribune-Star reported that a Vigo County School Corp. proposal would allow the drivers to search a student and the student's belongings if there is an immediate threat of harm or danger to those on the bus.

Ray Azar, director of student services, said the Terre Haute-based district wants its drivers to have the authority to conduct searches in case they are on the road and must immediately respond to an emergency situation. That would include scenarios where a student might be in possession of a dangerous drug or a weapon.

Drivers would have to first get permission from the transportation office and/or student services.

I would imagine that there is already a procedure for this, it's called "call the cops" if you suspect there is illegal activity. While this isn't directly "spy on your neighbors" type of activity being promoted, it is definitely in the wheelhouse.

I like how the story tries to paint it as only "if there is an immediate threat", I guarantee that this will be abused.

The intent might be good, the solution is horrible.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Thanks a lot TrueAmerican for posting this.

I think what people in Indiana could do is call cops on the houses of the Indiana supreme court judges and see how they like being invaded during the night by cops without warrants.

That would be quite epic.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
I think what people in Indiana could do is call cops on the houses of the Indiana supreme court judges and see how they like being invaded during the night by cops without warrants.

That would be quite epic.

And appropriate, karmic, funny, hopefully lethal, hopefully at least traumatic, and hopefully the spark that causes them to reverse this stupid, Nazi like decision!

So where are all the ATS law enforcement officers on this? Enjoying your enhanced powers, military grade weaponry and surveillance systems, tanks, and battle armor? I figured!

Man sorry about the other thread, I hate it when that happens, but it does. Now that I think about it, next time, I am just going to let it ride and say nothing. Instead of having double exposure with your thread as well, now there is only one. I screw up too, so sorry, and I should realize that sometimes I need to THINK about what I am doing and WHY I am doing it. Sorry bud, only human here. BUT I am going to change that. Promise. When there are two threads and the message is extremely important, let em live!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

And appropriate, karmic, funny, hopefully lethal, hopefully at least traumatic, and hopefully the spark that causes them to reverse this stupid, Nazi like decision!

Yep... let's say their dogs get shot... at least the dog will have died for freedom.

Seriously, those judges deserve bullets in their knee caps.

And the worst of this whole thing is when they used those words to justify their ruling :

Post-Patriot Act Jurisprudence.

I bet you'll see these words a whole lot more in the future to justify their destruction of the bill or rights.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I'll bet you at least one innocent person dies soon as a direct result of this ruling, when "newly empowered" police or sheriffs storm the home of someone illegally, and kill the homeowner when a weapon is drawn or present. And oh how I wish it just happened to be the home of another LEO or judge. Of course now with this ruling, they'll do it "legally" and with precedent.

Ok folks, not just ONE shotgun in the ceiling aimed at the doors and windows, but MULTIPLE shotguns, MULTIPLE traps, MULTIPLE MULTIPLE MULTIPLE of everything you can conceive of to kill them before they kill you. Because they will and don't you think for one split second they won't.

I can see the signs now, outlining the stout property fences:

"EXTREMELY DEADLY WARNING:
This property is protected by extremely deadly devices of all kinds and hidden to protect this property owner against illegal violent entry by law enforcement. Freedom from illegal search and seizure rights are granted to me by the US Constitution in the 4th Amendment, and were illegally overruled by three Nazi Judges. DO NOT ENTER, AND DO NOT TRESSPASS OR YOU WILL VERY LIKELY BE KILLED OR SEVERELY INJURED BY THESE DEVICES AND TRAPS. TURN BACK NOW OR DIE."

"PS. And oh, if you have a warrant, please ring the buzzer and show it to the camera you see directly above your head. Yes, we can zoom in. Thank you and have a nice day."

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

"EXTREMELY DEADLY WARNING:
This property is protected by extremely deadly devices of all kinds and hidden to protect this property owner against illegal violent entry by law enforcement. Freedom from illegal search and seizure rights are granted to me by the US Constitution in the 4th Amendment, and were illegally overruled by three Nazi Judges. DO NOT ENTER, AND DO NOT TRESSPASS OR YOU WILL VERY LIKELY BE KILLED OR SEVERELY INJURED BY THESE DEVICES AND TRAPS. TURN BACK NOW OR DIE."

"PS. And oh, if you have a warrant, please ring the buzzer and show it to the camera you see directly above your head. Yes, we can zoom in. Thank you and have a nice day."

That would be some EPIC sign !
IMO you put it up there and you'll get raided within the week.

Or you know, rig your house with explosives, then let them raid you, (while you are outside) and booooooooom there goes the house.

Yes it was a gas leak...

edit on 20-5-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Dude, I would ease up on the whole "Citzens Assasination Team" talk.
We are going to need people like you soon, and you aren't doing any of us any good at all Locked up behind bars!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Dude, I would ease up on the whole "Citzens Assasination Team" talk.

Well in Argentina, post currency collapse, the police had set up a secret ``assassination team`` that went out at night to take out pedophiles/murderers/drug dealers/corrupt politicians/judges/lawyers/cops.

But at some point they had to stop because a journalist broke the story.

If Argentina did it, I bet we will see something like this in the US, but it won't be just ONE squad doing this, it'll be thousands.
edit on 20-5-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Why, what are they going to lock me up for? Exercising my freedom of speech rights? I never said I was participating in any such thing. cause I am not. I said it is what is needed. It is my right to express what I feel is needed. And I might as well express it now before they take that right away from me too.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

You are still acting like you live in the pre-911 America.
The fairytail one we were all told about as kids in school.
you know, the land of the blahhh blahhh and the home of the Balhh blahhh blahhhh.
Where the government loves us and wants to protect us. The police are the "good guys".
Where being called a "Patriot" was a good thing.
And yes, where you could pop off at the mouth about how great it would be to form a Citizens Asassination Squad
to take out Traitors amoungst us like MOST Police and politicians, and do it without having to worry about
guys in suits coming to your door.

We don't live in that country anymore. We never truely did but now, it is just becoming more and more obvious even to the American Idol watching social retards that make up this POS we so proudly call America.
If you want to make this country great, I'm all for it, but let's make sure we are locked and loaded when the time comes to take action and not behind bars.

YOU DO NOT have freedome of speech!!!!!
THAT IS and always was a LIE!!!!
This may as well be South Vietnam or N. Korea for that matter.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
reply to post by Screwed

Why, what are they going to lock me up for? Exercising my freedom of speech rights?

YES!!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
reply to post by Screwed

Why, what are they going to lock me up for? Exercising my freedom of speech rights?

YES!!

Umm, anyone got any spare grenades?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
An unrelated side note..swat teams hate it when subjects own shotguns. 00-#4 buck has the strangest habit of hitting gaps in body armor.

Not that I am advocating anything, of course. I do own a riotgun though

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join