It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indiana Supreme Court Threatened After Allowing Warrantless Searches

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
The Sheriff and the Il supreme court just made themselves outlaws and thier masters the people have every right to remove them by force if necessary!

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by DjDoubleD
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Isn't it amazing how most discussions involve people who say "there should be a law agin it" and then it turns out that there is, and it's in the US Constitution or Bill of Rights?
And yet some would rather pantificate on what they'd do if the cops came into their house.
The United States was founded on principles which included the right to dismiss government that is found to be operating in a manner inconsistent with the will of the people. So many are controlled by so few!

Two thousand years ago, a Roman Senator suggested that
all slaves wear white armbands to better identify them.

"No," said a wiser Senator,
"If they see how many of them there are, they may revolt."

The authority of the people to dismiss irrepresentative government is also in the Constitution is it not? Near the back I think

Isn't government supposed to be of, by, and for the people? When's the last time that happened?
DD

I think it's in the Declaration of Independence, linked here from The Indiana University School Of Law of all places:

"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."
www.law.indiana.edu...

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
I think it's in the Declaration of Independence, linked here from The Indiana University School Of Law of all places:

"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."
www.law.indiana.edu...

Yep, that's the one.

Unfortunately this language was left out of the Constitution. And that poses an interesting problem. The founders in establishing the reason to revolt in armed revolution against Britain state the right, and DUTY to throw off such government- but then when drafting the document by which the Republic was founded leave out the means to defend against a similar takeover by domestic terrorists. That never made any sense to me. And sorry, but a Constitutional Convention would never be enough, once those in power had seized it- why would anyone in that position allow such language to overthrow themselves?

Ain't gonna happen.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I don't see the problem with leaving it out of the Constitution. The Constitution was simply to establish a government of the states united, to state it's duties and limit it's power.
It wasn't meant to limit the peoples' power. The Constitution establishes the United States of America, and the Declaration of Independence among other writings provides the precedent to remove, violently if necessary, a government that oversteps it established powers.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by PplVSNWO

Ahhhhh, but whenever this issue comes up, those opposed to armed revolt refer to the fact that we go by the Constitution, and NOT the Declaration of Independence. And they thus "invalidate" the clause allowing for overthrow of the domestic terrorists. I guess it all depends on what weight one wishes to place on either document. I say that BEFORE the Constitution, there was the Declaration, so it cannot just be idly disregarded. It is as much a part of our history as the Constitution, and arguably, more so.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

"If we are breaking the laws, then we will change those laws" Hamid Karzai in a recent interview

On that note it appears that Indiana has rewritten the law as to the right to privacy and unlawful search and seizure

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
ARM THE HOMELESS

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

My point was that the Constitution only establishes the federal government.

The writings of the founding fathers before, during and after the war tell us what we should do when the government exceeds it's powers.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by PplVSNWO
The writings of the founding fathers before, during and after the war tell us what we should do when the government exceeds it's powers.

Yeah well, then the obvious question that follows is:

Why the heck aren't we DOING it?

We have every bit of the proof we need that we have been sabotaged.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Im PI$$ED OFF! I LIKE IN INDIANA!!

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

I'm not sure. The militias should be protecting us from them at this point. But most legit militias where demonized and shut down years ago. The average citizen is just too apathetic to do anything about it until they experience injustice first hand.
That's probably what it's going to take, everyone getting their front doors kicked in and their dogs or children shot before they start to resist.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Giving broad powers such as this to a group [police] that has proven time and again they think they have the right to do what they want anyway, is beyond idiocy. When these goons come into a house it is usually with drawn guns and already so scared they shoot at a mouse fart. I can almost guarantee there will be MANY more officer shootings and civilian deaths. There are people out there who WILL defend their homes and will be crucified in the news for it, when it is their right to do so. If this is not repealed as soon as possible, the blood will be on the hands of everyone who allows it to continue. Contact your rep or governor and get this stopped.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Folks, honestly I am not satisfied with the response to this thread yet. Just to reiterate, please read this AGAIN. The Judges ruled:

Hoosiers must submit to the violent force of any and all UNLAWFUL searches instigated by law enforcement.

Now where I come from those are FIGHTING WORDS. No, making that SHOOTING words.

Compare this to the 4th Amendment:

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Forget the Birth Certificate folks. We have got SERIOUS problems. This is over the top, way beyond, and NOT ACCEPTABLE. These people are to be removed immediately from office for overt violation of our granted freedoms. I hereby call upon the applicable militia of Indiana to execute the removal, considering that Law Enforcement THEMSELVES are NOT dutifully doing their damn job they took under oath. Enemies both foreign AND DOMESTIC, you retards.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I am from Indiana and people are reading this wrong.This came from a case where someone had called the police due to a male and female fighting/arguing.The police tried to come into the house and the male resisted.

NO WHERE does it state they are going from house to house or random houses to search people.There are still things you can do if they would come into your house illegally, but resisting is not one thing you should do.I wish people would read or investigate stuff before they go off on something they know nothing about.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by indy0725
NO WHERE does it state they are going from house to house or random houses to search people.There are still things you can do if they would come into your house illegally, but resisting is not one thing you should do.I wish people would read or investigate stuff before they go off on something they know nothing about.

And I wish people would read OP's, which in this case categorically REFUTES EVERYTHING you just said.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Just because he posted something from a a site I've never heard of?I'm telling you no where have I heard that they are doing random house searches.They can't do it.The sources he is using are not right.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Heck buddy, go read UNINTENDED CONSEQUENCES-Abook by John Ross--

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by indy0725

As I said before it was a case where there was a domestic disturbance and the police were investigating.The guy that was there decided to block the cop from coming in when he was keeping the woman from leaving.He got stunned.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
I would heartily support non-violent protest to overturn this ruling and hope the people of Indiana will step up to the plate.

And while you are out there protesting non violently, how many more people are going to be VIOLENTLY murdered by cops like this breaking and entering ILLEGALLY into people's homes?

HUH?

I'm just saying we should try non-violent methods first.
Should that fail none they have left us no other option but to demand them returned by any means necessary.
Unless some of us are willing to sacrifice our lives for liberty they are going to take them all one by one.
You are right, this court has become a domestic enemy of the people,.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Yikes... looks like you guys are gonna have to either get up and protest or lie down and take it in the rear and just say 'ouch I don't like it' when they enter your homes.
You're all guilty till the cops have checked out your wife and kids undies draw. Geez got to be kidding!
What a mad world we live in these days and so very Un-American. Except for the military... it appears to be standard procedure. I guess the cops aren't public servants any more and the public are all criminals.
Wonders how many former Presidents would be rolling in their graves.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join