It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Service interrogates 7th grader without parents' knowledge... (fixed link)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
*fixed link* Q13 fox main page..

I cant believe i get to post this...

i can't believe this happened...

a 13 yr-old boy,, posted about his concern for the safety of our President..

and it got All turned around....

www.q13fox.com...

""""A man walked in with a suit and glasses and he said he was part of the Secret Service," LaPinta said. "He told me it was because of a post I made,,(on FACEBOOK)) that indicated I was a threat toward the President."""

read story..
edit on 5/17/11 by darrman because: fieed link

edit on 5/17/11 by darrman because: add a line

edit on 5/17/11 by darrman because: and i'm old..................LOL

edit on 5/17/11 by darrman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by darrman

Your link isnt workin homes

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Thats is ridiculous...I hope she sues the (can she sue the goverment?) hell out of them.

I can't believe they are saying that mom did not take the call serious enough...who is really going to get a call saying the Secret Service is questioning you son and not take it serious...this is crazy!

Good stuff...thanks for sharing!

edit on 17-5-2011 by jerryznv because: works now...

edit on 17-5-2011 by jerryznv because: ...

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
www.q13fox.com/news/kcpq-secret-service-the-feds-question-a-tacoma-seventh-grader-for-a-facebook-comment-about-president-obama-and-suicide-bombers-201 10516,0,5762882.story

i can't get the link to work either but that's it above-- otherwise its on the front page right now.

Well that is very interesting, a half hour interrogation no less. I bet there were some questions about the parents in there.
edit on 17-5-2011 by HorizonMan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Works fine for me, poor kid must have been terrified

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
how exactley did they find out about the post of some random kid on facebook O.o

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Idonthaveabeard

Yeah it got fixed. Good find OP

So if the SS is reading facebook pages shouldnt they look at the age and school where the kid is at. I mean he's in Seatlle and he's a little kid. Maybe the parents are activists or something. It wouldnt surprise me if they used this as an excuse to dig up dirt on the parents. Anything that kid said in the interrogation should be null and void right? I mean, legally, a little kid can't make legal decisions for himself. Right?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
More Govt coming your way.
Laws regarding interviewing of minors? Out the window.
Freedom of Speech? Down the toilet.
Common sense within the Fed LE agencies and the SS? Chopped up and feed to the garbage disposal.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by darrman

I don't think the secret service needs permission to interrogate a possible threat...even if it is a 13 year old. Just as a police officer doesn't need permission to arrest a kid for breaking the law.

The kid did post a dumb comment, something about bin laden being dead and the president should watch out for suicide bombers. Yes...that can be seen as a threat.

I really don't see the big deal. They talked to him at the school, and they left, they didn't detain him, didn't do anything other than talk. They did their job following up on a potential threat.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by darrman

I don't think the secret service needs permission to interrogate a possible threat...even if it is a 13 year old. Just as a police officer doesn't need permission to arrest a kid for breaking the law.

The kid did post a dumb comment, something about bin laden being dead and the president should watch out for suicide bombers. Yes...that can be seen as a threat.

I really don't see the big deal. They talked to him at the school, and they left, they didn't detain him, didn't do anything other than talk. They did their job following up on a potential threat.

they read EVERTHING we post..?

OMG what have i said in the past? i dont want any LE's coming to ask me about my posts..

I hardly EVER swear......

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Since when does a 7th grader that lives in Washington State, with probably very little means to do ANYTHING to the POTUS pose a threat?!

Maybe this whole incident was a way to ruffle some feathers, but it sounds like a lack of common sense to me.

One more push by Big Brother to scare the "subjects" into "shutting up and keeping their heads down."

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Coming from a LE background, yes they do. It is not legal to interview a minor without parents permission and/or a parent present.
Yes, they can arrest without parents permission.

edit on 17-5-2011 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by darrman

reply to post by darrman

they read EVERTHING we post..?

OMG what have i said in the past? i dont want any LE's coming to ask me about my posts..

I hardly EVER swear......

I never said they read everything we post. I would say more likely is that someone reported his comments to some law enforcement.

The story conveniently leaves out context of his other posts...has he been very anti-Obama in the past? Does he have a history of posting threats?

Bottom line...they talked....they left. Nothing evil going on.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Coming from a LE background, yes they do. It is not legal to interview a minor without parents permission and/or a parent present.

If you come from a LE background, then I would of thought you would of known that the police can interview a minor as long as a "interesed adult" is present. Which would include the staff at the school.

Police can go and interview kids in school...get over it...it's not illegal. And you should also know that there is a difference between an "inerrogation" (which this was not, so the thread title is misleading) and an "interview".

Nothing illegal was done, period.
edit on 17-5-2011 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by tamenie
how exactley did they find out about the post of some random kid on facebook O.o

my wife thinks it was a "ploy" just to scare ALL the kids,, in schools,, to "teach" them to fear freedom of speech..

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

No, you are wrong.
The ability to interview/interrogate a minor child is only after a parent gives permission, as most children do not know to consult a lawyer, even when the lengthy and simplified rights cards are read. The parent/guardian has the sole say if the child is to speak with/without a lawyer present. Or to speak at all.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

And further, if permission is given to a school rep, from the parent, then that might fly.
Even if this is done, then the interview is Fruit of the poisonous tree and any decent lawyer will get it thrown out.
The semantics of interview versus interrogation is cute, but wrong.
Both are considered the same, as the rights are there for both. Both may be submitted to at will, by an adult, and if the person is not being detained, then they can leave and/or stop at any time.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

If you come from a LE background, then I would of thought you would of known that the police can interview a minor as long as a "interesed adult" is present. Which would include the staff at the school.

Police can go and interview kids in school...get over it...it's not illegal. And you should also know that there is a difference between an "inerrogation" (which this was not, so the thread title is misleading) and an "interview".

Nothing illegal was done, period.
edit on 17-5-2011 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

It does seem to be a little over the top, but it's not like any harm was actually done. I mean, they just asked him some questions. It's not like they water boarded him. I'd rather they checked things out and made sure everything was OK instead of just saying, "it's probably just some dumb kid" and had it be an actual terrorist threat. I'm sure their careers feel the same way too.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
this is nuts
they are like a secret police guarding our "leader" from every word.
they treat everyone end everything like a threat...

THEY ARE THE THREAT TO OUR WAY OF LIFE!!!

out in this area, seatac, this # happens all the time with any and all authority,
out here cops, agents, judges, anyone in authority in the government is treated different and gets away with a lot.

was this 7th grader the biggest threat to our country at the time? LOL

this should totally feed all the facebook connections....

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by violence=answer

hey Seatac...

lol just TAC here..lol

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join