It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mysterious Zone of Silence..

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Giorgio Tsoukalos has been wrong before or at least we can say prone to error. He appeared on the same channel talking about submarines and helicopters being depicted in Egypt. We know those only seem to be what they look like though, since it was not intended to look like that at all. The Egyptians were using overwriting techniques to save space. Just want to point that out, that we need to be careful about assumptions.

Very cool thread. I'll have to visit this place one day. Egypt is too far, but I can easily manage to go here. Not sure how I'd feel about all my electronics being fried though.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Ok, It's fine.

I'll have a look around for it myself too. It sounded interesting.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

Being in El Paso before made it that much more mysterious, especially at night when you see things in the sky that you think might not be a plane at all.

Sounds interesting.

I'd love to hear more about what you saw, or may have seen, btw. This entire region after all seemingly has many stories of the paranormal and of course the otherworldly.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Sounds like the perfect place to hide out if TSHTF for those in America. Perhaps it would be a challenge for the powers that be to track you down using your mobile, radar, etc.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Brilliant thread as usual RA. I had never heard about this area before. I find the offered theory about it being a former magnetic pole fastinating. I wonder if there are more anomolies like this world wide that are former poles?

We have a compass that we have been monitoring for a couple of months that seems to show the pole shifting towards the east.The change has been gradual but constant. It has changed several degrees in a couple of months. We started this experiment because of a thread here on ATS about the poles shifting.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

This is a very interesting thread. I'm going to have to read more about this tomorrow, S&F.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I've heard of several mysteries concerning the American Southwest, let alone, Mexico. There are stories of caverns in the Grand Canyon --most of which is off-limits to average citizens-- that had Egyptian architecture and treasures. There were supposedly the remains of giant skeletons found in the Grand Canyon. And, many mysterious lights out there in the deep deserts where very few frequent or think about. When locals speak of these things, they are dismissed by arrogant blindness from "sophisticated" modern Americans.

Louis L'amour was a prolific western writer. He'd spent many decades out west, and apparently did a LOT of research for his books. I am reading "Haunted Mesa," by Louis L'amour. It is a FANTASTIC READ. And, you will realize that Louis L'amour was also into topics that would fit PERFECTLY into threads on sites like ATS. Here is a link to his book on Amazon.com: www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1305693322&sr=1-1.

"Haunted Mesa" takes place in modern-day Southwest America. It involves the sightings of strange lights in the desert, other dimensions. Folks from "down there." Poisonous women from another realm. Hidden treasure. The Anasazi. And more... (I haven't finished it myself). So far, it has been filled with rich intrigue BASED ON REAL LEGENDS. "Reptoids" are even mentioned...

...And all of this from a classic, conservative-minded fiction-writer of westerns. I think with "Haunted Mesa," he let loose his thoughts on the magic and danger of the American Soutwest and represented real-world research and legends concerning it. --It's a MUST READ for anyone curious about southwestern desert legends and mysteries.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

I don't like to be a spoilsport but after watching the video, I've got to conclude that this is a bunch of nothing.....The video offered no real proof that anything unusual was going on there....supposedly some people lose their radio signal, or compasses go nuts? That'd be interesting if it happened to everyone...but it seemed like this story only suggested that there are RUMORS from many mainly anonymous people that they've had weird experiences there.... This whole thing sounds like a bunch of rumors and myths to me...there are plenty of supposed gravity/magnetic anomalies right here in the U.S. that, at the very least, can easily be experienced by anyone that goes there, and can also be captured on tape.

Basically this story seemed no more credible than if one of my stoner friends walked up to me and said "dude...there's this WEIRD house, where WEIRD things happen....I've seen it myself...and so did by buddies ex-girlfriend's aunt...I heard it was built on an Indian Burial Ground that the Army bought up and did Experiments on ...then they sold it to some family that all mysteriously vanished...some people say they traveled through time and they ended up at the exact moment the Dinosaurs went extinct from a big meteor, and that the souls of all those Dinosaurs, The Family, and the Dead Indians are now all trapped in a Time Vortex caused by The Military's Science Experiments".....And I'd reply "Wow...that's some amazing story..do you have any proof of it?"......so he thinks for a moment...then replies "Yeah dude...I can prove it cause WEIRD crap Happens there sometimes...if you're lucky you might see something.....were gonna have a Kegger there next week dude!"

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Porbably nothing. Everything on the History Channel is a BLOC. Everything. You have watched way to much of it. Way to much.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I am very fascinated with this area and would love to have a chance to make it out there. I noticed that it was in close proximity to the Naica Mine of Chihuahua, Mexico. I wonder if these two are linked or if the area helped develop the crystal mines.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
All the doubters deny information as if it where nothing, its not very smart to base all assumptions on the History channel only, if anyone had the interest, and the willing to know more, would find out that there is indeed much info on the place by means of Google, there are hundreds and hundreds of accounts of electronics going dead within some fluctuating electromagnetic currents.

I´m saving up for a trip there, its not too difficult to get in the desert and camp out there, many return with some awesome tales, neither is it impossible, I´d rather find the unknown firsthand!

cheers!

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Great thread. I was watching something about this place in Mexico yesterday and today checked the New Gravity disbursement globe to see if there is any intense gravity in this area but could not find anything using that as an explanation. Also checked areas like the Bermuda Triangle and the Devils Triangle as well and they do seem to be in high gravity parts of the planet.
Many people think the strangeness has to do with some of these locations being part of the 25th parallel north which is what I am set to investigate next.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
This is extremely interesting. S&F for you. I have also never heard of this, so I'm really glad to learn about it. I am honestly going to start saving up to take a trip out there and camp out. I'll make sure to bring as many cameras as possible and report my findings!!

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   

This was an interesting find OP........Never heard of the Zone of Silence before

Someone said they could have been the old poles or something........interesting concept,

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Has it donned on anyone that there might just not be any towers out there? You have to have radio towers to get a radio signal. I can't even get the same radio stations more than an hour and a half away from the city. It doesn't mean the earth is messed up, it means man hasn't developed the area. Because its the desert and no fun to be there. So before you think there is a conspiracy, proove man built a tower there that should be broad casting something. There are probably other dead zones you don't know about cause no one visits often.

Find the broadcasted signal before you say it didn't work. if there is no signal of course its a silent zone.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
thanks for the story S+F very interesting, I'd like to meditate there.

Sorry if this has been mentioned already but does that location fall under the vile vortices by any chance?

www.paranormal-encyclopedia.com...

-Bob

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by siren8

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I've read about this before but didn't know it actually attracts cosmic objects. If there was an ocean there long ago then its not a stretch to imagine that possibly life on Earth came from a comet that slammed into it. There are many theories about life forms travelling on comets so this kind of magnetic place could just as well be one of key magical components used in creation.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I might as well belive in god more that I belive in UFO's and ET, at least there is some sense to relligion......
but i like it how the OP included the UFO theory as one of the theories going around and not as his explination....

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
One needs to wade through 1000 threads to find a topic one does not know about yet. You never fail to deliver

This one is easy to research-travel to for a lot of ATSers too.
edit on 18-5-2011 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join