It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Jesus God ? Debate

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Fantastic debate between two scholars, a video im here to share...Long video

Debate : Anis shorrosh vs Shaikh Ahmed Deedat

Deedat's memorable tussles with Palestinian-American Christian missionary Dr. Anis Shorrosh first came to public attention when Shorrosh appeared among the audience during the Q&A sessions[14] on two separate occasions during Deedat's summer 1985 tour of the UK (where he debated Dr. Floyd E. Clark in what is now considered another one of his early international works).[4] There was discussion between the camps of Deedat and Shorrosh, and two highly contentious debates were held. The first, entitled Is Jesus God?[4] took place right away in Dec 1985 at the prestigious Royal Albert Hall in London. The second debate was organized with much fanfare and held in Birmingham, UK on August 7, 1988, entitled The Quran or the Bible: Which is God's Word.[4] This debate spanned a total of 240 minutes including the Q&A session.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 17-5-2011 by solid007 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
If Jesus is god, it's because he was cloned from gods DNA.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
We are talkin about a debate that has raged for centuries, this should be good. S&F and I'll be following. I'm catholic but I am also open to other interpretations and thought it was a great thing when Pope John Paul II opened lined of communication with so many others such as the eastern orthodox’s and the African orthodox church to work through the many things these religions have in common.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
*3rd Scholar enters the debate*

God is not real. Jesus may have very well been...but not from the perspective of the literature.

*Debate ends as the only form of evidence the other two scholars can muster is a book, written by man*
edit on 17-5-2011 by Crutchley29 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Vishnu/Krishna is God.
The rest are just imitations.
However Jesus was certainly an avatar.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Jesus Christ is the Son of God and our Lord and Savior.

GV

ps. A lifetime of personal knowledge and first hand experiences have led me to this profoud belief. I feel that ATS is pretty much ant Anti-Christian site. Nonetheless you posted the question, and I wanted to share what I feel. How this relates to the KJV Bible, I am not 100% sure? For all the seekers out there, if you can open your mind and start talking/praying with Jesus and learn about Him, this may be the greatest discovery of your life. It is easy to dismiss God and try to find strength in yourself, but God is so much more. 20 years later, I have the same deep love and belief for Him and my life has been blessed abundantly. The trials continue, but there is real strength from Him and the Holy Spirit and I have only thankfulness for my life and for the mercy and compassion I have been shown.
edit on 17-5-2011 by GoldenVoyager because: added 2nd line.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
No one knows. But everyone has a guess.

Go figure.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crutchley29

God is not real. Jesus may have very well been...but not from the perspective of the literature.

*Debate ends as the only form of evidence the other two scholars can muster is a book, written by man*

Ummm.. So... Where is your evidence that God isn't real?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
God, The Source, Prime Creator, Creation...its all the same. there is SOMETHING that is expanding the universes and creating life somewhere whether it be aliens or "god". you cant really debate the idea or concept anyway cause nobody knows for certain. IMHO, Jesus was an enlightened being or Alien, who came down to start off this age of humanity and point them in the right direction...but of course there always will and has to be some sort of opposite effect on what Jesus was trying to do. its just natural in nature. the way humanity has grown we have done this to ourselves. its HUMAN NATURE. a debate is nice, but something like this is going to bring about so much negativity between skeptics and believers that it will set us back rather than put us forward. good thread though..i guess.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
He wasn't God, only a part of God.

He doesn't make the claim once, though many others called him God.

He even corrects a group of jews that want to stone him for "making himself God".... To which he says, "you want to kill me because i said i was the son of God?"

Theres really no debate.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Buddha1098

Originally posted by Crutchley29

Ummm.. So... Where is your evidence that God isn't real?

where is your evidence that HE (GOD) IS real?

ya didnt think so...

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Check it Ahmed Deedats other videos as well. I think he debated about 5 or 6 other Christian preachers. But one of the arguments Deedat made was that Jesus never claimed to be God. . John 8:58 seems to be a verse where Jesus claims to be God. Although some argue about the translation of this verse from Greek to English. Just so you know.
edit on 17-5-2011 by hueyfreeman77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

What do you think of John 8:58 then? Many Christians use this as a proof text for the divinity of Jesus. What's your take?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
The Christ was no more god than the next man, or woman for that matter. The only difference between Jesus and everyone else is; Jesus had a better understanding of what God is, and how the universe works.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Buddha1098

HERE WE GO.

Prove the moon is NOT made of cheese.

If you understand that argument...you know not to go down this road.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by HispanicPanic

Ummm I didn't claim to have evidence.. you Said "The other two scholars can only show evidence from a book." I assumed that meant you had some. Apparently your own opinion is enough evidence for you...

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Of course He is.
Next question?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Crutchley29

I'm not saying God exists.. I am saying you have no evidence that it doesn't. If you think you do you are delusional. Could an infinite omnipotent being hide from you if it wanted?

The Moon rocks we brought back pretty much killed the moon is made of cheese debate as well.. See I make my definitive statements based on Evidence not my own opinion..

edit on 17-5-2011 by Buddha1098 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
NO he is not god but rather a creator son, part of the order of michael. Before incarnating on this planet as Jesus of Nazareth, Jesus was Michael of Nebadon, the 611,121st original concept of the Paradise Father and Son.

According to the urantia book ( urantia being the celestial name for earth)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Father=creator
Son=creator son
Holy Ghost =sons assistant
From what I gather

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join