It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I wrote to my EMP (European Member of Parliment) to express my concern

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I wrote to all 5 of my EMP's (European Member of Parliment) to express my concern, heres what transpired so far.

1st is the letter i wrote.

Dear Derek Clark,

I am writing in a hope that maybe just maybe you will listen, afterall you are suposed to. I am writing with regard to the Japanese Nuclear emergency and the cover up effort being carried out by the worlds main stream media. This accident makes Chernobyl look like a bonfire and the radioactivity being spread around the world is allready at damaging levels according to independant sources. It is blatently obvious that Tepco is fabricating the truth and misleading the world and doesnt really have a clue what they are doing, i am asking for you to call upon the Japanese government to sack Tepco and call in outside help i.e the worlds nuclear experts, especially those who learned from Chernobyl and get this crisis under some kind of control before its too late for everyone. Sorry if this is a little alarming but I am begging you to act and help save our planet, as our elected EMP. I have never written to my government for help before but i feel this warrants such a call. Many thanks for your time

Yours sincerely,>

Heres the 1st reply

Dear mr ********

The Japanese Nuclear Emergency has received the attention of the European Parliament by way of a resolution on the 24th March 2011. This was mainly expressing support for the emergency teams who have been trying to cope with the problem. Among the body of MEP's there are plenty who would have raised the issue along the lines to which you indicate but none have. I am sure that quite a few of them are as well informed as you and they are always ready to raise an issue like this to high prominence. They have not done so. Personally, from all that I have read I must say that there would seem to be no serious cause for alarm. A local disaster which is not going to affect the rest of world to any serious degree. I'm sure if there was a serious danger other MEP's would have got in very quickly and called on the Japanese Government in the way that you suggest.

Yours sincerely

Derek Clark MEP

Now does this seem like a poor response to you?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by chaztekno

A very poor reply. A placation. A "gee, no One is bringing it up so it must be ok" response.

I suspect We can write all We want. TPTB will feed Us pablum. But kudos for making an effort. That's more than most do. S&F

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I will post the other letters i recieve back as and when i get them, i sent the same letter to each EMP and my local MP. I think when we have had all the replys back then you guys can help me in writing a letter we could use as a template for anyone else wishing to call upon them to help if your up for it?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Nice try but that's a pretty wimpy reply you got back, "nobody else sees a problem so why should I?" sheesh.

I like Arnie Gunderson's suggestion, as it's a little more specific. He thinks the fish caught in the Pacific ocean need to be tested for radioactivity, and we need to write our representatives to make sure this happens.

This may be a better approach, because it's specific and doible by any country just by using some radiation detectors. They don't have to bully Japan into doing anything.

Then if they do find radioactivity in fish, that's the indicator and the leverage they need to step up the action. Then they can wave the radioactive fish reports at Japan and have some solid data to use for demanding firmer action.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Ok guys heres reply no.2, a little more promising as you can see.

Dear Charles,
Thank you for the message.
I am lstening - but I need to see your evidence before able to take it further.
My questions to you
a. what is your evidence that "the world's main stream media" is covering this up ? Why would they do that - when normally they sell papers, and get viewers, by reporting about bad news ? Who could possibly be coordinating what the world's media says ? The UK government cannot, thank goodness, even control the British media.
b. "damaging levels" Give me your evidence please. Who are your "independent sources" ?
c. How can you show me that the Tokyo Electric Power Company does not know what it is doing ? I cannot call on the Japanese government without having any evidence.
I look forward to hearing from you
All good wishes
Bill Newton Dunn, Liberal Democrat MEP for the East Midlands
www.newton-dunn.com

edit on 18-5-2011 by chaztekno because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Thank you and congratulations, OP, on an excellent thread. This kind of thing is constructive, informative and helpful. It's so refreshing to see a thread relating to action that has been taken, as opposed to a simple exchange of views.

Although not surprising, I frankly see these replies as an illustration of 'the party line being followed'. And it's good to expose that too.

I look forward to reading the other replies you receive.

Thanks for the effort you are making. Imagine if thousands of people did this, that would create quite an impact.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
You can tell by the second letter, that there will be no effort to do something. Look at the questions, how could a "normal" person deliver such evidence? This is a joke, but a very sad one!
edit on 18-5-2011 by verschickter because: spelling

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by verschickter

Yes i agree its a tall order but hopefully with you guys help i can answer it and make him squirm. I eagerly await the others responses before i make any concerted effort to reply though so get your thinking caps on and lets all start evidence gathering to put forward a 1st class case. Thanks in advance anyone who wants to help???

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I will lookup who is my contactee for such things. The next thing to do is, research for "evidence" and you already wrote in your letter about the scientist, so post all links you have to get a start.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Sorry i havnt been back for a while, but i checked my mail today and got this beauty...

Dear Charles, I'm always happy to listen to constituents. But you are making wildassertions that have no support from any of the information sources I'veseen. While the Fukushima event is serious, it is very much below thescale of Chernobyl -- which itself did far less long-term damage thanthe alarmist projections of some green lobbyists. On any measure you care to apply, nuclear power is safer by many ordersof magnitude than coal or hydro, and I will have no part in spreadingunnecessary alarm.

Regards. ROGER HELMER MEP

www.rogerhelmer.com

Follow me on Twitter: RogerHelmerMEP

Oh the fun i'm going to have responding to this one with your lots help. I'm still waiting for 2 more replys, ill give it til monday then we can start formulating my response, i look forward to all your help / ideas / facts and stats to show these idiots that they can't just fob people off like they are trying to. So if your up for helping me i'll be back monday with a rough draft of a letter of reply that you can help me amend, many thanks in advance, cheerz chaz

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Good for you for taking it to the EMP's
You might like to have a read of the article written by Prof. Matthew Penney and Prof. Mark Selden which compares Fukushima with Chernobyl (since one of the replies from EMP stated that Fukushima is not as serious as Chernobyl). There is lots of info in this article that you may find helpful and many links are given too.

www.globalresearch.ca...

Hope it is of some use to you.

PEACE,
RK

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Sounds like you would have been more successful if you simply provided evidence to back your claims... Realistically, you can't expect these people to act on your behalf and put their name on the line with just hear say. Provide unimpeachable evidence and if they still won't listen or act, then you have something to run with...

Their responses to you are completely understandable under the given circumstances.

IRM

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   

chaztekno

Good thread and interesting to see what 'those who lead us' have to say on the matter....

I look forward to the other replies and what we send back !

PDUK

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Did you not read what i intend to do, or just my letter?. I supose if you like i was testing the water with my initial letter and stated nothing really at all, but hoped that they would actually look into the matter themselves. Finding out that they dont really do anything at 'shirk' there responsibilitys wasn't really a suprise if im honest but the next round of letters i send will be 'action packed' with all the facts and evidence i can, with the help of you guys gather so that they can't deny it and will be forced to do somthing.

edit on 27-5-2011 by chaztekno because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by chaztekno
reply to post by InfaRedMan

I supose if you like i was testing the water with my initial letter and stated nothing really at all, but hoped that they would actually look into the matter themselves.

You can't expect the response you wanted if you provided no proof... testing the waters or not. That's all I'm saying. It's like you set them up to disappoint you man. Remember, these people are busy and probably don't have the time to research every little thing that people write to them about. I think you're being overly critical of these representatives. Cut them some slack!

Like I said, send them unimpeachable evidence (not just theories from the internet or youtube) from reputable people within the scientific establishment and then you can comment negatively or positively on their reactions. If you come across as just another conspiracy theorists, they aren't going to take any action on your emails. Like it or not, that's the reality of the situation.

I'm not bombing on you man... just telling you how it is.

IRM

top topics

join