It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

£20,000 says this is a UFO

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Well if that is what people want to think then thats what they will think, me i am trying to find out if and what optical physicist Dr. Bruce Macabbee thought of it, that is if he ever got to see it;
Found the TV company that originally paid out the £20,000 ;Here is some info on them below and some of the documentaries they made; not much other info though ,might have went bust paying out the £20,000;

TV - PAST Title Involvement Season Ghosts Caught on Tape: Fact or Fiction? Production Company 2000

UFOs: The Best Evidence Ever (Caught on Tape) 2 Production Company 2000;

Why in the World Do They Do That? Production Company 2000;

World's Greatest Hoaxes: Secrets Finally Revealed Production Company 1998;

Prophecies of the Millennium Production Company 1997;

UFOs: The Best Evidence Ever (Caught on Tape) Production Company 1997 ;

Miracles and Visions (Fact or Fiction?) Production Company 1996

link; www.inbaseline.com...

edit on 15/07/2010 by K-PAX-PROT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Still burrowing down this particular rabbit hole and i am focusing on Dr. Maccabee to see if he ever seen it to make any kind of scientific judgments on it , so far only managed to find the below information;If going on the below text is true ,then its kinda strange that nothing ever came of it?, deliberately pulled from the main stream maybe?certain people told to shut up maybe? tv company goes bust? all the makings of a hatchet job???

Bonsall, Derbyshire, England - November, 2000 : (ABOVE
The only publicly availablle still (as of July 2001) of a 6 min. UFO close encounter (of the first kind [CE1]) captured on home video by Sharon Rowlands. The footage was quickly stored in bank vault, for fear of confiscation by secretive governmental authorities, where it stayed for 6 months, until sold to American TV producer, Robert Kiviat for $20,000. Kiviat is well known for his Fox Network specials UFOs: The Best Evidence Caught On Tape 1 & 2 and Alien Autopsy: Fact or Fiction?. Rowlands estimated the object's size at a surprising 3 miles in diameter. According to Kiviat, the huge object fills the sky and pulsates in unusual changing colors, hovers for several minutes, then flips completely over and zooms away. The news of the footage has NASA officials interested because it resembles the object(s) recorded during the STS-75 "Tether Incident".

They will probably be part of the analysis effort for the upcoming Fox special. The footage is due to air on Fox this Fall (2001) on a show to be titled "Could It Be True?". I don't know about you guys, but I'm very anxious to see this one! UPDATE - November, 2001: I have had personal confirmation from Dr. Bruce Maccabee that he will be analysing the footage for Kiviat and the upcoming UFO special. He says that the press mentions NASA in its reports on the incident erroneously. He also informed me that he had not actually seen the footage yet, but hoped to see it soon. (Dr. Maccabee is an optical physicist with the U.S. NAVY who devotes most of his spare time, energy and technical resources to analysing UFO videos and photos, as well as touring the country speaking at lectures and authoring books on the subject.)

UPDATE - April, 2002: Still no UFO special seems forthcoming featuring this footage. Kiviat has not made any further public announcements on the footage. Interestingly, similar footage has been acquired by www.Rense.com taken only miles away from the location of this incident. Also, the Hessdalen Project has recorded a similar phenomenon in the skies above Norway this year. One outspoken critic of the footage claims that all above mentioned footage is merely out-of-focus digital video recordings of the planet Jupiter. I will believe that if the object in this footage does not actually behave in the manner described by the dozen or so people who have actually viewed the "Bonsall/Derbyshire 6 min. UFO video".

link; www.freewebs.com...

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I take it the Youtube link isn't the actual footage Sharon Rowlands took. But the only thing we have to go on is the single blurry pic on the BBC website?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Just e-mailed the below to Dr Bruce Maccabee , hopefully i will get a reply;
here is his web site linkbrumac.8k.com...

Hi Bruce hope you are keeping well ;Just a quick question;Where you ever privy to the video depicting a UFO from the following report listed below;DID YOU EVER SEE THIS VIDEO and give any kind of debriefing on its nature of origin; Cheers in advance, **********

A Derbyshire housewife has sold what she says is a video of a flying saucer to a Hollywood producer. Sharon Rowlands, 44, from the village of Bonsall, in the Peak District, has reportedly been paid £20,000 for the footage. And officials at NASA are said to have asked to examine the tape, because they believe it shows the same type of craft once spotted by the space agency's own cameras during a space shuttle mission. Ms Rowlands said she took the film with a camcorder after hearing an eerie noise outside her home one evening in October last year. It resembled a giant disc with a bite taken out of the bottom Sharon Rowlands She says she filmed the object while it hovered in the sky about two miles away. "It resembled a giant disc with a bite taken out of the bottom," she told reporters. "As it hovered over the woods, it seemed to expand and then get smaller again. "We could see it pulsing as if it started up and then it just went it came really close at one stage and I thought it was going to land in the field;

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by K-PAX-PROT

You will be interested to know this. The only person (To my knowledge) who actually
watched the Sharon Rowlands Derbyshire footage at that time was researcher Omar Fowler
from the UK. You may contact him and ask his opinion, he will remember the video. Go here.

phenomenonresearch.com...

NOTE - The footage was never released to the public. The video you posted is from another person.
edit on 17-5-2011 by free_spirit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Mod Note (This Appears On Every Post Reply Page): AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts or simple "I agree" posts when replying to threads. If you need to quote a member's post in your reply, please ensure you edit down the quoted amount to the minimum needed to make your point. Overly large quotes or minimal replies are subject to warnings or deletion. Below the reply button it says: (Minimal posts that contribute nothing to the thread are subject to immediate removal.)
edit on May 17th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by free_spirit

You will be interested to know this. The only person (To my knowledge) who actually
watched the Sharon Rowlands Derbyshire footage at that time was researcher Omar Fowler
from the UK. You may contact him and ask his opinion, he will remember the video. Go here.

phenomenonresearch.com...

NOTE - The footage was never released to the public. The video you posted is from another person.
edit on 17-5-2011 by free_spirit because: (no reason given)

Cheers for the heads up,much apriciated , i will contact Omar Fowler , below is a short e-mail i got back from Bruce Maccebee in repy from him to my e-mail asking him if he had privy to this video and if he did what where his conclusions on it;

E-mail from Dr Bruce Maccebee in response to my questions i put to him;

Don't think I ever saw that one. Don't recognize any of the names.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   

I would be more interested to know about this statement if true.

And officials at NASA are said to have asked to examine the tape, because they believe it shows the same type of craft once spotted by the space agency's own cameras during a space shuttle mission.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Hmmm. Another out-of-focus, blurry night shot of some light of some sort.

I just don't see why people find these kind of videos interesting. They could literally be anything.

There are plenty of good, clear daylight videos floating around that are far more convincing.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimbo999

Hmmm. Another out-of-focus, blurry night shot of some light of some sort.

I just don't see why people find these kind of videos interesting. They could literally be anything.

There are plenty of good, clear daylight videos floating around that are far more convincing.

Yes i see your points but if this was never released to the public and a tv company where willing to pay £20,000 for it then maybe its more than a another out-of-focus, blurry night shot of some light of some sort.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Naptown317

And officials at NASA are said to have asked to examine the tape, because they believe it shows the same type of craft once spotted by the space agency's own cameras during a space shuttle mission.

Yes that if proved legit opens a whole can of worms but cannot find any sources that can confirm if they did in fact utter those words;

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Just got a reply/e-mail from Omar in response to my e-mail asking him if he investigated this case and what his conclusions of the video where if he seen it;

I will say that after reading his first attached report from his e-mail it seems that this incident was genuine, that he viewed the original video but that this object was roughly 50 feet in diameter and not 3 mile across as stated by the media;He also goes on to state that Mrs +Mr Rowlands had declined to show this to the BBC news or get involved with the media; He also goes on to state that he regards this footage no more spectacular than any world wide extracts shown in a Micheal Hesemann documentary;Waiting on part 2 of his report;

Hi *******, I investigated this incident and it is genuine. Page 1 of my report attached. Page 2 follows. Regards, Omar

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Naptown317

What the astronauts said during the even the STS-75 "tether incident" was that what the cameras were showing was "debris that kind of flies with us".

And yes, they look like the same thing, out of focus bright objects.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I am nearly certain its the old "laser pointer on the window" hoax.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I was unbelievably excited to watch the video. I don't think I've ever been so disappointed. Seriously, that was not impressive or compelling at all.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scales

Well done...

you appiamise human ignorange...

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by healthysceptic

Originally posted by Scales

Well done...

you appiamise human ignorange...

FFS... I really can't type on a laptop.... but hey, i'll leave the mistakes here for you're amusement.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by K-PAX-PROT
Just got a reply/e-mail from Omar in response to my e-mail asking him if he investigated this case and what his conclusions of the video where if he seen it;

I will say that after reading his first attached report from his e-mail it seems that this incident was genuine...

May I ask:
A genuine "what" exactly? Did he expand on what he meant by "It's genuine"? Obviously it's a genuine video of a genuine point of light, but that point of light is so out-of-focus that it looks like nothing more than a blob. It could be anything from the landing light of a plane to the planet Venus.

Can you please post his exact response to you?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

the video here isn't the £20 000 one that has never been released this is supposedly a inferior capture of the same event

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Hmm... £20,000 you bet on that being a ufo,

Wonder what mine sighting would have been worth if I had raw footage of that night, UFO =unidentified flying object, mine was identified as being a Disc shaped object What or who was in control of that craft is beyond me. 2009 4october 8:17pm
never forgot!

i think though if it I had good camera footage and actually got the footage as clear as we were witnessing that night I doubt Id be puttin on youtube or blackmailing anyone tbh, rather stay alive for now away!

Luke

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join