It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

£20,000 says this is a UFO

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
This is an old story and video from 2000/1 about a British housewife who witnessed and recorded a object she thought seemed strange enough to bring it to her attention;NASA got interested in this object too apparently admitting that they believed at the time that it shows the same type of craft once spotted by the space agency's own cameras during a space shuttle mission.With with a little research from that area in Britain it seems that the "Nine Ladies" and other ancient stones do lay around "Stanton Moor" and parts of "Matlock where this object was witnessed and videoed ;There was also a UFO wave back in the late 90's and this area has a collection of ley-lines too;The video taken by this housewife is a bit of the shaky variety and there tends to be some zooming in and out focus distortion, still an interesting video and article;

'UFO video' goes to Hollywood;

A Derbyshire housewife has sold what she says is a video of a flying saucer to a Hollywood producer. Sharon Rowlands, 44, from the village of Bonsall, in the Peak District, has reportedly been paid £20,000 for the footage. And officials at NASA are said to have asked to examine the tape, because they believe it shows the same type of craft once spotted by the space agency's own cameras during a space shuttle mission.

Ms Rowlands said she took the film with a camcorder after hearing an eerie noise outside her home one evening in October last year. It resembled a giant disc with a bite taken out of the bottom Sharon Rowlands She says she filmed the object while it hovered in the sky about two miles away. "It resembled a giant disc with a bite taken out of the bottom," she told reporters. "As it hovered over the woods, it seemed to expand and then get smaller again. "We could see it pulsing as if it started up and then it just went it came really close at one stage and I thought it was going to land in the field.

UFO Video goes to Hollywood

video of object;

still image from video;this object flashes, turns over and vanishes;
Image of object HERE

edit on May 17th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: fix links...

edit on 17-5-2011 by Gemwolf because: Removed all caps title

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
UFO=Unidentified Flying Object.

So, yes. It is a UFO.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Your link doesnt work.

And the whole thing sounds like bull[snip] to me

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
Your link doesnt work.

And the whole thing sounds like bull[snip] to me

Links fixed!

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I do wish people would remember that UFO does NOT mean flying saucer, it means an unidentified flying object.

So, remember, when the Russian government says it's astronauts have never seen a UFO in space, all they're really is saying is that anything they did see, they were able to identify.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
IT still can be EA made.. Nice catch tho..s&f

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
This is worth 20 thousand?

Note to self: film blurry video of Venus tonight. Don't forget to zoom in way too far.

Also: why on Earth would the filmer keep the street light between him and the blob of light, washing out the video?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Is there a nasa link that the op can find? I would imagine such a bold claim would have something a little more verifiable from NASA.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
What the hell is that? That thing just changes color and shape. There is definitely crap the government isn't telling us, it's definitely a transformer! lmfao

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

And officials at NASA are said to have asked to examine the tape, because they believe it shows the same type of craft once spotted by the space agency's own cameras during a space shuttle mission.

1. This pretty well brands the story as some UFO buff's dream.

2....unless, of course, the name of the 'NASA official' who is SAID to have said that, could be located and confirmed.

3. Otherwise, return to para 1.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
The end of the clip (and the still image) is so seriously out of focus it's a joke. It doesn't show structure, it shows lens artifacts.

File this under B.
edit on 17-5-2011 by healthysceptic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
What I would like to know is how she got hold of a Hollywood producer, got him so much interested and make him pay 20.000 pounds.

I certainly would appreciate it if NASA and the producer would take a look at the identified flying saucers and dinner plates that fly from my kitchen to the livingroom from time to time.

Great find btw.

edit on 17-5-2011 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TheIrvy

I do wish people would remember that UFO does NOT mean flying saucer, it means an unidentified flying object.

hold on now, I was told just the other day that reminding people of that fact, and having the NERVE to post a quote from the wikipedia entry for it, is a form of ridicule.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
My favourite part in the video is when you went "oh my, oh me".
That was hilarious, sorry but the vid is a bit blurry and you shake alot.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MainLineThis
Is there a nasa link that the op can find? I would imagine such a bold claim would have something a little more verifiable from NASA.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Found this after some digging;There is some more info included here as well, the TV company who payed the money for this footage and the the fact that there was a UFO research group in that area who dealt with this report;Need more digging on this one, see what i can find;

Mr Kiviat said he will show the tape to NASA optical physicist Dr. Bruce Macabbee. "The Rowlands' tape will shock a lot of people because the image shown is the same as one taken by NASA's own cameras showing what appears to be a UFO hovering in space, maybe three miles wide," Mr Kiviat said. " source: Derby Evening Telegraph, Derbyshire / England | Andy Shipley - May 31 2001

link; www.ufocasebook.com...

Some more info below;

California-based Kiviat Productions, which snapped up the film, is currently negotiating with TV networks across the world to show the tape as part of its 'Could It Be True?' Series - but not before officials from NASA are given a preview. Mrs Rowlands (44), who lives with husband Hayden (45), said: "I've watched UFO programmes and if there is such a thing, this is as good a photograpgh as you're going to get. "I was a complete and utter disbeliever but seeing this has made me think twice. It was huge and through the lens it looked like it was going to hit me.

I couldn't believe it - it's like nothing else I've ever seen." The tape has been locked in a bank vault since her chance filming on October 5, 2000, with a camcorder which she had received only days earlier as a gift. Kiviat executive producer Robert Kiviat found Mrs Rowlands' film while scouring the internet. He said: "This is one of the top five pieces of video footage of UFOs ever taken." The Rowlands are just a couple living in a remote area with no agenda and no previous experience in UFO videos - they just appear to have had their camcorder out at the right time." A Meteorological Officer spokesman said there were no freak weather conditions on October 5 which could have caused the circular shape in the sky. The American space agency NASA is believed to be interested in the Rowland's photograph because of its marked resemblance to a photograph taken during the 1996, STS-75 mission. The photograph was taken by Astronaut Claude Nicoltier.

link; www.ufocasebook.com...

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
So, since it is now 10 years later and nothing big came of this video, can I assume people realized that it could just be and over-zoomed and blurred video of Venus?

The alleged "shapeshifting" could simply be a combination of the shaky camera, video compression, and image burn-in.

edit on 5/17/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by K-PAX-PROT

Is it so hard to hold the camera steady? Really now?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Mr Kiviat said he will show the tape to NASA optical physicist Dr. Bruce Macabbee

Thanks for finding this, I win my bet.

Bruce has NEVER been an employee, consultant, or minion of NASA.

Kiviat presumably intends to make money off the video so one potential technique is to make things up to fool the eager-believers. After all, that's why advertisers buy time on cable TV UFO shows -- they promise an audience that's particularly easy to fool.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Dang it...I was fooled...good thing I did not bet aye?

So who owes who 20,000?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

The American space agency NASA is believed to be interested in the Rowland's photograph because of its marked resemblance to a photograph taken during the 1996, STS-75 mission. The photograph was taken by Astronaut Claude Nicoltier.

What photograph? You mean the external TV camera images of the 'tether swarm'?

Yeah, they do resemble each other -- as all Airy Disks do.

BTW, the astronaut's name is misspelled. Another bad sign for credibility.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join