It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Problems with Glyphosate: US Rice Growers Sound the Alarm

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

To give some history, this is an older article I just ran across again.

Excellent example of why incoming testing is so important. My pet gripe with industry. I hate "Just in Time" and ISO9000 et al. They are management paperwork systems masquerading as quality programs. I have seen them fail catastrophically more than once. This is another example.

Attack of the mutant rice

money.cnn.com...
Garrett's rice was genetically modified, part of an experiment that was brought to an abrupt halt by its sponsor, a North Carolina-based biotechnology company called Aventis Crop Science. The company had contracted with a handful of farmers to grow the rice, which was known as Liberty Link because its genes had been altered to resist a weed killer called Liberty, also made by Aventis.
But by 2001, Aventis Crop Science was living a biotech nightmare. Another one of its creations, a variety of genetically modified corn known as StarLink, had been discovered in taco shells made by Kraft. Because the StarLink corn had been approved as animal feed - and not for human consumption - all hell broke loose. [It also turned up in USDA Food Aid shipped overseas and to Mexico]

In January 2006, small amounts of genetically engineered rice turned up in a shipment that was tested - we don't know why - by a French customer of Riceland Foods, a big rice mill based in Stuttgart, Ark. Because no transgenic rice is grown commercially in the U.S., the people at Riceland were stunned.

Trace amounts of the Liberty Link had mysteriously made their way into the commercial rice supply in all five of the Southern states where long-grain rice is grown: Arkansas, Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi and Missouri. Bayer and Riceland then informed the U.S. Department of Agriculture, which announced the contamination last August.....

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Another nice one BTS, S&Fs!
Fortunately, I live where Indian and Asian markets have the real rice for sale. Does anyone know if my assumption is wrong about Monsanto not having inroads there?
I have 400lbs to eat still.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Granite

Thank you, its imperative to get this into the publics eye.
An 80% drop in crop produciton is ...well as the farmers said - a noose around the neck.

About your area and the local rice supply have nothing on it currently, but will do a check for you.

Will report here if findings warrant. Thanks again for your commments.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Since the 1900s food has been crossbreed to increase the amounts of carbs in them this includes vegetables and fruits. Most have 2 to 4 times the carbs as pre 1900s crops

Then companies like Monsanto and others genetic modified the highest carb ones that have 4 time the pre 1900s crops. In the case of corn the 4 times 1900s levels of carbs is the corn used to make HFCS and ethanol
along with being used for food.

Glyphosate and other chemical have been added to these now.

Eating food with fats in them does NOT make you fat.(WITH carbs fat may kill you from heart attacks)
The body uses more energy breaking down fats then any carbs.
You will NOT lose weight just by not eating fats.
This can be proven by looking at people that diet using the Atkins diet. they lose weight from not eating any carbs. but eat a lot of fats without any carbs(not a heart attack risk because without carbs the body must burn the fats and does not leave the fats in blood vessels.In some cases it may remove fat already in blood vessels.)

The problem with fat free diets is in most fat free foods the fat has been replaced with carbs, lot of carbs as fillers.
This can be proven just by going to any grocery store and checking the amounts of carbs on regular and fat free foods from the same source.

What is killing us slowly.
carbs + GM foods + Glyphosate and other chemical + growth hormones in meat + HFCS + many other chemicals in food, water or air. all being in our foods are killing us slowly.
You may be able to eat foods with less of these but not food with none of these.

The FDA only tests things like GM food or chemicals for/in foods alone.
absolutely no large scale studies have been done on interactions between carbs + GM foods + Glyphosate and other chemical + growth hormones in meat + HFCS + many other chemicals in food, water or air.

Many drugs have interaction some deadly.

What are the interactions of frankinfoods.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join