It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

92 year old peaceful muslim woman remembers

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
www.israelnationalnews.com...

In this video, this peaceful muslim woman remembers back to the time before WWII, before there was a recognized State of Israel. In 1929, occupation did Not exist. With great love in her eyes, she relates to the to the camera, the day of August 24, 1929, when her father and other Arabs of Hevron murdered Jewish children in front of their parents, chopped of arms and legs, raping Jewish women and burning others alive. And next to this woman of great love, is perhaps her great grand son, smiling and beaming with pride.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Ok, I'm thinking this is just Israeli propaganda and shouldn't be trusted.

-Lady looks far to energized to be 92
-She says:
"My father massacred them, and brought back some stuff" how profound, what stuff exactly? In other words this phrase sounds like a possible mistranslation.
-The website has a lot of fearmongering towards Jews, such as "Are American Jews in danger"
-at the bottom of the website is a sign up for military training.

So with the fear mongering, and the military training, I'd say this is an untrustworthy site.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

And do you get all dewy eyed thinking about what the U.S forces did to people throughout the villages of vietnam?

There have been some terrible travesties throughout history, but let he without sin cast the first stone.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
-She says:
"My father massacred them, and brought back some stuff" ... I'd say this is an untrustworthy site.

No, it is Not OK.
How does her testimony detract from the authenticity of the site?

She is telling her story from her heart.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978
There have been some terrible travesties throughout history, but let he without sin cast the first stone.

Can never be better said.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

The ethnic violence which has occured in the land of Palestine over the years is a tragedy, Jews killing Arabs, Arabs killing Jews, it was brutal for both sides. But, even if there is a fierce hostility between the two groups to this day it does not excuse the fact that around 700 thousand people were forced to flee from their homes and to this day they and their descendants aren't allowed to return to their ancestral homeland.

I want peace in the middle east, that's not going to happen as long as people keeping picking sides and give wholehearted support to the Palestinians or Israelis without consideration of the other side and how their actions affect them. Supporting either side is only going to perpetuate this bitter conflict.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

You are sooooo full of #

You say the same thing anything is posted that makes Arabs look bad.... Have you ever really considered that some of them really are bad? Far worse than the zionists you whine about?

And WHAT THE HELL are you talking about she looks too young for 92? My grandma is 86 and she looks just as young and vivacious. She looks no older than 70-75...

Why do you always deny the implications of these events? 67 Jews were murdered by vicious and lawless arabs....UNPROVOKED. They were peaceful, mostly poor Jews who did nothing to provoke the demonic ire of these muslims. Why do you still extenuate the seferity of their crimes? This happened 20 years before the 1948 war. There was no IDF, no Israel. Just Jews.. what caused these monsters to kill 67 human beings? WHAT DID THEY DO!? NOTHING. It was Islam and the barbaric Shari'a standard that they hold against non-muslims that was responsible for this horrific crime.

And still these monsters are not regarded as they should be. BARBARIANS....

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by harryhaller

You guys are sooo.....

So because were all 'sinful' we shouldnt codemn crimes? We shouldnt condemn this sadistic woman for cheerfully retelling her memory of the Hebron Massacre?

Given the perception idiotic westerner liberals have towards Israel, i think its IMPERATIVE that people get a #ing clear understanding,. Please ofr christs sake, for logics sake, for LOGIC, read something about Islam. Thre are so many books that discuss their jurisprudence cited from their own sources... Showing also their barbatic history.....

Islam is not peace, and Islam doesnt not have a history of being peaceful. How is it do you think the Arabs of Hebron killed 67 human being,s if not through the incitement of clerics (the grand mufti) and the sanction of its morality.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by lifeissacred

with the jews who took controll of there territory where a fews years out of concentration camps. jews should know better than the actions they have taken aginst the people who they displaced. i agree that taking sides in this situation is wrong because bolth sides have been at each otherts throats for throusands of years. but to think that some of the people who took over the occupied territory were at one point in extermination and work camps by the germans then went on to do this is horrible. even at an early age i never understood any of whats going on down there. just another thing on the # list of why humans have serious problems.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Like, do you not understand what that even means?!

Imagine the tables were turned. Imagine a man were being inteviewed on American or British TV retelling joyfully a massacre and then theft of the proprty of those killed.. Wouldnt that be condemned? How could that be tolerated? Its inhuman. It is not normal to be so happy about the murder of 67 people and than taking their property as if it were a holy thing. But this is PRECISELY What we are witnessing on Hamas TV....This woman gleefully recalls her father murdering and than taking property for her family, and the interviewer continues his interview as if this is completely normal, and still this day is a joyous day. This woman brings a memento of the past that recalls Arab/Muslim glory...... Compltely oblivious to the real moral implications of that event.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
People must learn to live together and respect each others culture and faiths,also realise tptb divide to conquer otherwise the world is a breeding ground for those such as this woman.

I do wish people wouldn't tar all Muslims, Jews, Christians etc., with the same brush, there is good and bad among the religious, athiest, rich and poor.

nineteen local Arab families saved 435 Jews by hiding them in their houses at great risk to themselves

Source

edit on 17-5-2011 by dizzylizzy because: Put something in twice

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

No religion has a history of being peaceful, every religion has been twisted into being a force for conquest, Judaism, Christianity and Islam alike. Stop trying to make this thread about your prejudices against Islam, no one is condoning what this woman says, but don't forget that the land there has been a center of ethno-religious conflict for thousands of years, there are plenty on this Israeli side that share a lust for violence also.

In the weeks following the massacre at the cave of the patriarchs, hundreds of Israelis traveled to Goldstein's grave to celebrate Goldstein's actions. Some Hasidim danced and sang around his grave. Although the government has said that those who celebrated the massacre represented only a tiny minority of Israelis

No side is free from blame in this conflict but I'm willing to bet the silent majority just want to get on with their lives on both sides of the walls and fences across the holy land.
edit on 17-5-2011 by lifeissacred because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
my friend went to palestine and later on had a kid from palestein who was the sweetes kid ever. he didnt hate all jews he just hated the zionists scum who stole his grand fathers house(which he still has keys too) i have pleanty of jewish friend who are opposed to the state of iseral. its an illegal state. founded on theft and interolance. but i agree with the perosn who stated that the situation as a HOLE is a shame on the middle east and the human race in general. bolth sides fight and fight and fight and innocnet people on bolth sides are caught in the cross fire.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by lifeissacred

Stop trying to make this thread about your prejudices against Islam

What!!? Are you serious? This is ISLAMIC JURISPRUDENCE. Do you know what that word means?

Jurisprudence: The theory or philosophy of law

And a Jurist is: An expert in or writer on law.

OK? Here are the views of some early Muslim Jurirsts (cited from their writings)..

Ibn Qudama on the purpose of Jihad (a legal war):

"The Jihad becomes a strictly binding personal duty for all muslims who are enlisted or whose country has been invaded by the enemy".

This is a simple basis for the Murder and plunder of the Jews of Hebron. Some Islamic jurists (obviously those cited in this particular atrocity) even condone rape of women so they dont go into the next world as virgins, and thus enter Heaven. They also condone the mutilations of partcular body parts - eyes, legs, hands...

Heres an excerpt from a speech by Ayotolla Khomeni at feyziyeh theological school in 1979 (he was a modern legal authority in Shi'te Islam)...

"Islams Jihad is a struggle against idolatry, sexual deviation, plunder, repression and cruelty The war waged by [non muslim] conquerers, however aims at promoting lust and pleasures. They care not if whole countries are wiped out and families left homeless. But those who study Jihad understand why Islam wants to conquer the whole world. All the countries conquered by Islam or to be conquered in the future will be marked for everlasting salvation. For they shall live under Gods law....
Those who know nothing of Islam pretend that Islam counsels against war. Those [who say this] are witless. Islam says: Kill all unbelievers just as they would kill all you!. Does this mean that Muslims should sit back until they are devoured by [the unbelievers]? Islam says: Kill them. Put them to the sword and scatter [their armies]. Does this mean sitting back until non-muslims overcome us? Islam says: Kill in the service of Allah who may want to kill you! Does this mean we should surrender to the enemy? Islam says: Whatever good there is exists thanks to the sword and in the shadow of the sword! People cannot be made obedient except with the sword! The sword is the key to paradise, which can be opened only for holy warriors!
There are hundreds of other Quranic psalms and Hadiths [sayings of the prophet] urging Muslims to value war and to fight. Does all this mean that Islam is a religion that prevents men from waging war? I spit on those foolish souls who make such a claim"

--------------------------------------

Do you get now that BY DEFINTION, you cannot separate Islam from the politics of Muslims? They are ONE AND THE SAME. Islam is as much concerned with POLITICS and GOVERNMENT as they are with the spiritual and transcendent.

Your quaint, completely innappropriate idea of "Stop trying to make this thread about your prejudices against Islam" is thus completely insane and ignorant of the nature of Islam. It is not "twisted" and even if it were truly different from the teachings of Muhommad, the fact is the orthodox (that is, traditional) Islam has been heavily politicized and UNLIKE CHRISTIANITY there has NEVER BEEN a separation between Church and state. There thus exists no possibility for an "islamic democracy". They are antithetical concepts. When we talk about Arab Massacres of Jews you have to consider Islam ie; the motivation and justification behind such attacks. This is sensible, logical, sane reasoning.

but don't forget that the land there has been a center of ethno-religious conflict for thousands of years

Umm.. no, it hasnt. Hebron has since ancient times been hallowed as the second most sacred of Judaisms cities. Hebron was the very first city that Abraham settled and lived in. Not until the 7th century CE did Muslims intrude and arrogate to themselves Jewish holy sites. Likewise, the Byzantium empire (the early christians) imposed and took to themselves places that were traditionally sacred to Judaism - Jerusalem, Hebron....etc....

And as for Hebron, Jews have ALWAYS lived there. So they werent 'interlopers' . Infact, they regard every Arab who lives in the Jewish Homeland to be an interloper, and if one is to be completely objective about it thy have justification for kicking every single one of them out. Even Mohommad in the Quran says Israel belongs to the Jew:

"[5:20] Recall that Moses said to his people (the Jews), “O my people, remember GOD’s blessings upon you: He appointed prophets from among you, made you kings, and granted you what He never granted any other people.
[5:21] “O my people, enter the holy land (Israel) that GOD has decreed for you, and do not rebel, lest you become losers.”

wingless.aoriginality.com...

Even there own holy book acknowledges the Holy land as a land for the Jews. Unlike Islam, the Jews want nothing but the land of Israel, the land they have prayed towards for the past 2000 years of their FORCED exile.

there are plenty on this Israeli side that share a lust for violence also.

and that is completely irrelevant. The state wasnt in existence then. What did the Jews do in 1929? Nothing. There were also massacres in Safed in 1929 that ;eft 18 Jews killed, aswell as a massacre 100 years earlier in Safed that left up to 500 Jews murdered. And still these people out of their love for G-d and the land of Israel return to Safed, Hebron etc

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Umm Nidal sent her three sons to be Hamas suicide bombers, propaganda or fact? Fact.

She is regarded as a hero in the eyes of the Palestinians and Hamas, propaganda or fact? Fact.

Don't be so quick to dismiss things as propaganda, often they're true.

Such as an Israeli MP claiming the protesters in Syria had government clearance and aid to reach the border.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

-She says:
"My father massacred them, and brought back some stuff" how profound, what stuff exactly? In other words this phrase sounds like a possible mistranslation.
-The website has a lot of fearmongering towards Jews, such as "Are American Jews in danger"

So with the fear mongering, and the military training, I'd say this is an untrustworthy site.

Should you continue to believe this woman to be a tool of Israeli propaganda, here are several archived newspaper articles widely available on Google.

Southeast Missourian - August 28, 1929

Sydney Herald - August 29, 1929

The Montreal Gazette - August 29, 1929

Canadian Jewish Chronicle - August 30, 1929

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dnevnoi

-She says:

Should you continue to believe this woman to be a tool of Israeli propaganda, here are several archived newspaper articles widely available on Google.

Southeast Missourian - August 28, 1929

Sydney Herald - August 29, 1929

The Montreal Gazette - August 29, 1929

Canadian Jewish Chronicle - August 30, 1929

Thanks for those newspaper links...a must read.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
What is the common denominator?
Religion.

As long as both sides are convinced that they have 'God' on their side then very little will change.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
What is the common denominator?
Religion.

As long as both sides are convinced that they have 'God' on their side then very little will change.

But the true G_D offers forgiveness.
The false G_D offers only lies, deceit, deception, and subversion.
Please use a King James Bible to prove that the True G_D offers only lies, deceit, deception, and subversion.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Of course you believe your 'God' is the true 'God'....just as Jews believe their's to be and as do Muslims.
And they are as convinced of 'the truth' as you appear to be.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join