It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French outraged by U.S. treatment of Strauss-Kahn

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by GODF1ESH
You know... for a conspiracy website... I'm surprised that none of you are pointing out what might be the obvious.

He's a possible next in-line president of France and he's the head of the IMF which is currently negotiating terms with the EU and individual countries like Greece on sovereign debt and providing loans to help those countries.

Now this is the IMF... it's a freaking loan with interest to a country like Greece whose debt to GDP ratio is out of control... they will not be able to pay back their debts unless they get these loans interest free.

Read this and similar news article in the light of what has been announced in teh global media about the French IMF chief..

Debt limit reached, U.S. stops pension investments

WASHINGTON — Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner said Monday that he will immediately halt investments in two big government pension plans so the government can continue to borrow money.

Geithner informed Congress of his decision in a letter stating that the government had officially reached its $14.3 trillion borrowing limit.

He repeated a warning that if lawmakers do not increase the borrowing limit by Aug. 2, the government is at risk of an unprecedented default on its debt.

Even though the government has reached its official borrowing limit, Geithner said unexpected revenue and bookkeeping maneuvers will allow the Treasury to continue auctioning debt for another 11 weeks...

I get the feeling that the two 'events' are linked, and that the US govt is wanting their own man in the top seat at the IMF in case a bailout for the economy is needed, but at preferrential terms for the US, and set by the US.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by jefwane
Just read some great news. According to the NYPost.DSK's victim was living in an appartment exclusively for HIV victims.

Dominique Strauss-Kahn may have more to worry about than a possible prison sentence. The IMF chief's alleged sex-assault victim lives in a Bronx apartment rented exclusively for adults with HIV or AIDS, The Post has learned. The hotel maid, a West African immigrant, has occupied the fourth-floor High Bridge pad with her 15-year-old daughter since January -- and before that, lived in another Bronx apartment set aside by Harlem Community AIDS United strictly for adults with the virus and their families. Read more: www.nypost.com...

From NYPost

Now that's a find! Something tells me that SK may be found dead as victim of the quickest recorded HIV related death in history...the masses have believed bigger blantant lies told to them

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by timski

I get the feeling that the two 'events' are linked, and that the US govt is wanting their own man in the top seat at the IMF in case a bailout for the economy is needed, but at preferrential terms for the US, and set by the US.

It could be, but does the top person hold that kind of power? It doesnt seem like good strategy to allow one person to have that much decision making ability in any organization, because of exactly what you are pointing out. Self interest.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by timski

Yeah... I'm new as a member to this site... but I have come here before many a times and now that I'm seeing more and more crap I thought I'd finally join the community... And thanks to everyone that gave me stars

This article came my way this morning... I've never been to this website but it mentions the White Dragon Society... a name that has come up before in my queries into the elite.

But this link has some ideas about why Strauss was taken down and maybe some possible intel / dis-info?

stream.adamdodson.org...

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

Originally posted by coquine

They are shocked that we do that with anyone.
In France it is illegal to do that to anyone, be they homeless unknown scum, or powerful public figures,
This is enforced and respected.

I see. I guess Im just surprised they didnt really catch onto that when we were making our case for the war in Iraq.

I'm sorry, I didn't get the relevance there? Could you explain what these two things have in common?

.....or maybe it was that then too, they prefered to actually find out if the accusation of nuclear weapons was true or not before destroying....? Yeah, I guess I do see a similar refusal to treat someone as guilty before proven so there too. At least they have been consistant.
edit on 18-5-2011 by coquine because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by coquine

The point is, why act surprised an outraged? Its a known about us that we do that. And I didnt see France caring much at all that the Libyan uprising is being blown all out of proportion to unseat Gaddafi to allow economic interests to have their wicked way with Libya.

It seems to me the reason for the outrage is that this time, its impacting on French interests. You are on no moral high ground if the only time you complain about injustice is when it is happening to you or someone you like.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
reply to post by coquine

The point is, why act surprised an outraged? Its a known about us that we do that. And I didnt see France caring much at all that the Libyan uprising is being blown all out of proportion to unseat Gaddafi to allow economic interests to have their wicked way with Libya.

It seems to me the reason for the outrage is that this time, its impacting on French interests. You are on no moral high ground if the only time you complain about injustice is when it is happening to you or someone you like.

I don't think it is an act, I think they truly were surprised and outraged.
And no, It is NOT known about us that we do that! I am not sure why you think that. Like I said, everyone tends to just assume that some things are shared values everywhere in the world... at least when it comes to human rights in highly developed countries. Especially ones that proclaim such a high value of the individual rights and freedom above collective majority rule. Our country was founded on that very base.

-and what, may I ask, does the situation with Libya have to do with this?
I'd like to ask also, not just of you but all those who ask things like "what they gonna do about it?" "What do we care what they think?"
-What demands were made by the french government? Were any made?
Or did you just hear that they were surprised and shocked over in their country?
They don't have the right to have their own emotions and reactions ? I could understand your responses if they had made demands that this guy be treated better or face threat from France of one kind or another, but they didn't.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

I don't think it is an act, I think they truly were surprised and outraged.

Then they are stupid. Anyone who watches our media even a little bit will see we do it all the time. And even those who dont watch our media could not have missed us doing that to Saddam and Iraq all those years ago.

And no, It is NOT known about us that we do that! I am not sure why you think that.

Because clearly, we do. And have done for decades. Do you forget the communist witch hunts? We have been holding people without trial for years now. And Obama just signed into law the right to hold people for life without trial. You have to be stupid, on a deserted island, or just totally delusional to not realize how we operate.

Like I said, everyone tends to just assume that some things are shared values everywhere in the world... at least when it comes to human rights in highly developed countries.

No, everyone doesnt. Stupid people and delusional people do. The evidence says otherwise.

-and what, may I ask, does the situation with Libya have to do with this?

Libya and Gaddafi was tried and found guilty in the press, and his "sentence" is being carried out without benefit of a trial, and France is party to it.

edit on 18-5-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by FreeSpeaker

I have no doubt Strauss-Kahn raped that girl because he was in a top notch hotel and a naked chase was reported to have happend down a hall. I can guarantee that hall has camera's so this is most likely on tape. Add in physical evidence of rape on both the accused and accuser and its pretty clear he's guilty.

And you have just proved exactly why we have a presumption of innocence, you are make rash pathetic claims, firstly he is not charged with RAPE he is charge with attempted rape, meaning he tried but did not succeed, hence NOT a rapist. And where are these alleged reports of him running down the hallway naked and on CCTV? Again something false claimed by you, the reports were he ran from his bathroom naked and jumped on the girl, and kept her in the room, hence the charge of false imprisonment. They are checking his clothing for DNA, and what will that prove? The charges relate to him forcing the woman to give him oral sex, I bet if you checked some of my dirty clothing it may well have traces of semen on them, doesn't mean I am a rapist or any kind of sex offender

This is Exactly why we have a presumption of innocence, because people like you get a few facts then add lots more to embellish your weak story, if he lives long enough to get to court I have no doubts he will be acquitted, I just doubt he will live long enough for this to get to trial

I have no love for this guy, he is one of the elite, or rather he was, but I am not so blind to realise this has all been done on purpose, sex is the way they discredit everyone, from bob lazar to Julian assange it has always been the same, if someone needs to be silenced make them out to be a pervert cause we all know middle america sure hates perverts
edit on 18-5-2011 by PrinceDreamer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeSpeaker

Heaven forbid someone as rich,powerful, and influential as this rapist be treated like a commoner.

So the guy is a confirmed rapist is he?
To me and many others in Europe, it stinks like a set up orchestrated from the very top.

The first Question we should all be asking ourselves is:

"Who stands to gain the most from this whole charade?"

PEACE,
RK

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by JerryB08
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

You mean the Brits that just pitifully asked to borrow one of our military planes because your government can't even properly defend it's self from a 3rd world country? Talk about a one way friendship. And the Brits are the ones with their pants down. Will the Brits be repaying us the 550 million dollars worth of tomahawk missiles we deployed so they can operate their no fly zone and get their oil contracts. The United States doesn't have friends it has welfare children countries that ask for help while criticizing anything we do. I'm surprised we let you use the plane.

How much money does America owe The UK?

Answer:

$541.8 billion and growing.

wiki.answers.com...

back on topic,

This guy should be presumed innocent until proven guilty.

PEACE,
RK

edit on 18-5-2011 by Rigel Kent because: to add last line

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

In France convicted murders and child molestors get let out after a couple of years to go commit the same crimes again, so they are not perfect either.

Please give some examples of convicted killers being released from French custody after serving 2 years, I have googled it and came up with nothing. However, it does happen in the USA.....

www.truecrimereport.com...

Which ever way you cut it, Khan is still innocent until proven guilty and has no prior convictions for attempt rape.
This is ATS, please stick to the FACTS.

PEACE,
RK

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by coquine

And the justice system should totally presume innocence.

*I* however, and not the justice system and the grey matter inside my skull actually serves a purpose other than to cool the blood.

As such, I am NOT required to withhold judgement.

And I suggest that regardless of who you are, you get the same treatment.

If you'd like to get suits and a barber for everyone going before a judge on your dime, you are welcome to lobby for it.

Though I find it very interesting that the people who want to him to be presumed innocent cannot fathom that they depict the accuser as being guilty. They still find someone guilty - they just find that the alleged victim is the guilty party. Their "lack of bias" isn't.
edit on 2011/5/18 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
A thread was begun on DSK's arrest on May 14th. It is entitled IMF Leader Arrested After Alleged Sex Attack. In the interest of being able to keep up with both, can consideration please be given to merging these threads? Thanks.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Actually, I am surprised that the French have not sent us an unconditional surrender document at this point.

This dude is a scumbag and has likely been at this type behavior for most of his privileged life and getting away with it. However, as he got older women were less willing to tolerate the behavior and accept his pay offs.

First rule of sexual harassment - don't be old and ugly.

Second rule - money helps a lot.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by timski

Thanks for those two posts and for explaining possible motives for a political set up. In my opinion, and it is only that, we should be closely looking at these types of agendas and trying to identify the beneficiaries from this mans fall in disgrace instead of slagging off the French and other such nonsense.

PEACE,
RK

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

Though I find it very interesting that the people who want to him to be presumed innocent cannot fathom that they depict the accuser as being guilty. They still find someone guilty - they just find that the alleged victim is the guilty party. Their "lack of bias" isn't

Amen. I understand the justice system needs to presume innocence, but I too find it repellent that the people so concern about DSK overlook that fact that in their zealousness to defend his "presumed innocence" all sorts of slander is being spread about a woman who may in fact have been violently assaulted and forced into a sexual act whether or not it meets the legal definition of the term 'rape."

True non bias considers both possibilities, and most of the people crying out for non bias are not really doing that.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

I'm afraid it truly is classified. And I hope you don't believe me to be blunt. You were right yesterday. I was angry mostly because how the international community is American bashing because we put a man charged with a serious crime in Jail while having over whelming evidence. according to the NYPD. We do it to millions of Americans every day and again we are the evil empire. But only because these peoples countries do not seem to be in danger of being invaded and occupied by another country any time soon that they would expect us to defend them from.

I do believe in innocent until proven guilty, I have thought that this man could be getting crucified because of his job it's certainly possible. I don't agree that anyone should have their image shattered by a perp walk. But it's been done for as long as I can remember. And He's no different to why he should get special treatment. I certainly wouldn't

Yes the headquarter to the IMF is in Washington. Why for tax purposes? Or did they get a free office I don't know why. It's a European company and that is common knowledge.

BTW thank you for your concern, I'm feeling better today. Also I am an American and I also didn't get a plane. And Ironically my last name is French so I feel I'm allowed to criticize them they certainly do their fair share. haha
edit on 5/18/2011 by JerryB08 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Reaching

Most certainly... Have all those people come over here. We like this thread. Your all invited.

Thanks for stopping by.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

I read today. That the IMF guy lived in an AIDS/HIV only complex. Not saying it as fact. How awful would that be. If he on purpose exposed this woman to the disease. Then that as far as I'm concerned is Murder.

What bother's me mostly about all this. Is that because of this guy's job, none of us may never know the truth. her life is ruined too. Although she can at least sue and get paid. If she already didn't.. Heck who knows.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join