It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow, a truly honest politican tells it like it is... then quits :(

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Being a British guy living in Australia, I know very little about politics in New Zealand, but I got this link passed to me on facebook and felt it as relevant FOR all parts of the Western World. It is truly refreshing to see a politician speaking from the heart, about his perspective, without worrying about some agenda.

Such a shame it looks as though this refreshing, honest politician is moving out of politics, to clense his soul (in his own words.

Whether you agree with his beliefs or not, he came across as honest, passionate and perhaps at odds with a system he tried to contribute towards.

Putting climate change aside, which is such a divisive issue, I believe this man truly was speaking on behalf of the concerns of many of us in respect to his views of globalist agendas and the media. I also believe so many politicians enter politics with the right intentions, but get corrupted by power/industry/media/party politics. Do we really need to tow a party line? Or would we be better having a diverse viewpoint on just about any topic, coming to a solution that best suits the opinion of a large cross section of representatives, rather than a 2 or 3 party solution?

Either way, this has inspired me, saddened me, but left me in hope that there are those willing to become a part of the system in order to effect change from the inside.

Mods; apologies if already posted, did I search, couldnt see it

**** Please note, just noticed this is a few years old, most probably already posted and discussed before, if so, apologies, but relevant none the less! Thanks

Now doing a bit of research on the guy, and this is the lame write the daily telegraph gave his farewell speech: Telegraph Piece

edit on 17-5-2011 by moleskin because: Should have checked video date!

edit on 17-5-2011 by moleskin because: found a nice linky!

edit on 17-5-2011 by moleskin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I think that everyone there takes this fella as a joke! Just look at them all smirking away. You must admit though, his attire does not instill faith that he will be a very active member.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Slipdoggety
I think that everyone there takes this fella as a joke! Just look at them all smirking away. You must admit though, his attire does not instill faith that he will be a very active member.

And that alone shows some of the problems our system faces... everyone is judged on looks? I would suggest because this guy is actually being truer to himself, he focuses more on the issues at hand, instead of having to look pretty for the cameras or for good PR opportunities.

Because lets face it, the world is diverse, and not full of people who wear business suits each and everyday. Perhaps instead of looking pretty, we would be better placed looking at fixing problems in the system?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by moleskin
Being a British guy living in Australia, I know very little about politics in New Zealand, but I got this link passed to me on facebook and felt it as relevant FOR all parts of the Western World. It is truly refreshing to see a politician speaking from the heart, about his perspective, without worrying about some agenda.

Such a shame it looks as though this refreshing, honest politician is moving out of politics, to clense his soul (in his own words.

Whether you agree with his beliefs or not, he came across as honest, passionate and perhaps at odds with a system he tried to contribute towards.

Putting climate change aside, which is such a divisive issue, I believe this man truly was speaking on behalf of the concerns of many of us in respect to his views of globalist agendas and the media. I also believe so many politicians enter politics with the right intentions, but get corrupted by power/industry/media/party politics. Do we really need to tow a party line? Or would we be better having a diverse viewpoint on just about any topic, coming to a solution that best suits the opinion of a large cross section of representatives, rather than a 2 or 3 party solution?

Either way, this has inspired me, saddened me, but left me in hope that there are those willing to become a part of the system in order to effect change from the inside.

Mods; apologies if already posted, did I search, couldnt see it

**** Please note, just noticed this is a few years old, most probably already posted and discussed before, if so, apologies, but relevant none the less! Thanks
edit on 17-5-2011 by moleskin because: Should have checked video date!

He must be rich, able to quit a job.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by zookey

I guess for some, money doesn't come into. I wouldn't know how much/little money this guy has. But for some pride/morals/ethics are as important if not more so than cash.

We can only hope more politicians across the globe were able to weigh up morals/ethics ahead of the lure of an easy dollar.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by moleskin

Yeah, I tried that too, didn't last long, money ran out.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
S&F OP. Kia Ora

I don't necessarily go along with the Green Party as I believe global warming is a global hoax.

That being said, the guy truly spoke from the heart and that is an extremely rare thing amongst politicians. I fear that NZ will be poorer without him representing his constituents.

And a white Rastafarian? I happen to know one personally; there should be more of them. Now if only I could grow dreadlocks and wear a cool hat like his I'd be all set.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Thank you my friend

Yeah Global Warming aside, I do believe he was also bring awareness to other environment related issues, and more specifically to the problems we face globally. Agreed, NZ politics will be poorer for it. Only found out this is an older vid from a few years back, but it could serve as inspiration for a whole new breed of potentials to enter into the lions den.

For years I have gone back and forth with the idea, but if I was ever elected I am sure I would be off'd by the elite

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Slipdoggety

Wow, so Obama's dress inspires more confidence in you, even though he's a pathalogical liar?

Surely, surely we can get past this type of superficial, trivial conditioning and look at the man and the message instead of what he is or isn't wearing?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by zookey

He must be rich, able to quit a job.

What a facile and fatuous statement, with nothing to hack it up but bigotry.
edit on 17-5-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Agreed with both your points...

Was trying to respond in a more diplomatic manner

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Slipdoggety

He has been there for nine years. They were not smirking they were appreciating what he had to say in his exit speech. I suggest you look at it with a different perspective.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Actually his suit is quite clean and well fitted; a fine suit! He says that he is a "dread-locked" Rastafarian, hence the head covering. This does not seem distasteful in the least as he is respectful not to have his dreads hanging about as a distraction.

He is articulate and his composition of thought has a purpose! He is very much open to his heart because all I hear is truth! It is an amazing thing to witness, Truth!

At any rate, if anyone here has never stood up against a power or a machine that stood in the way of doing things right, then I say "stand up" and try it out. I have spent my entire life holding up to ideals and thoughts and never bowing to the pressures of others even if it means a job or no job! To reference leaving a job one would have to be rich is silly; I have walked off many jobs with nothing but a half-paycheck to look forward to in the end. It is Principle and there is something wonderful about standing up for it, even in the darkened voids this sort of behavior will generate nothing but goodness, even if we cannot see it.

I am most certain this man's life has only just begun! Bravo!

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by moleskin
reply to post by wcitizen

Agreed with both your points...

Was trying to respond in a more diplomatic manner

Lol!

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

OP - Great post, and great find.

I'm not a greenie. I don't really believe in his agenda from the global warming front. But I do believe in his sincerity and the truth behind much of what he said.

He's been there nine years, and if you actually watch the whole video, you'll see that those who were "smirking" also gave him a standing ovation and hugged him at the end.

I will always believe in an idealist who stands by their ideals and actually does something about it, even if I do NOT believe in their ideals.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
My heart sank when I read the threat title.. I thought it was going to be about Ron Paul quitting his run for president here in the US. Glad it's not!

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Explanation: S&F!

Nandor Tanczos [wiki]

Personal Disclosure:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

Amen to that, honesty and coming from the heart in the name of ones truth is the way to open real debate and communication. Too often in politics, and I speak majorly for Australian politics, it comes down to lame name calling and petty arguing instead of focusing on resolving problems and coming up with solutions.

If politicians focused less on party agendas and securing their own asses, and focused more on working together as best possible, then the Western World would be a far better place, a stronger democracy and less hypocritical in the eyes of the rest of the world.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
You can all dream all you want, but those guys are poitician and they were smirking because they finally got rid of the dread locked hippy from Government.

Don't tell me not to judge a book by it's cover. I have dread locks too. I still wouldn't want a guy looking like that representing me in Government. Its untidy and its terrible. Whether you like it or not, he should not look like this. This is the problem with the world its lost all its manners and decorum.

top topics

join