It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sugar Conspiracy

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

The portions of food here in the states is nuts!

I can never eat a full meal ever and then people always tell me how I didn't eat. I do not need 3 pieces of chicken and enough mashed potatoes for 3 people with my meal. On top of that they bring you bread and then you have your sides. It is a lot of food.

I ordered Chili's the other day for take out and i got two full meals and an appetizer for 20 bucks..Those feed me for an entire week! It was so much food. I think a lot of food is wasted this way too which is sad because too many people are going hungry in the world.

I dont remember food portions being this big as a kid. I know I will always have left overs!

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Stevia is a natural alternative and just as sweet as sugar.

Stevia: Wiki

Also, Consider honey as an alternative as well. Honey is a powerful anti-biotic that can be used to fight anti-biotic resistant bacterial infections.

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

The portions of food here in the states is nuts!

I can never eat a full meal ever and then people always tell me how I didn't eat. I do not need 3 pieces of chicken and enough mashed potatoes for 3 people with my meal. On top of that they bring you bread and then you have your sides. It is a lot of food.

I ordered Chili's the other day for take out and i got two full meals and an appetizer for 20 bucks..Those feed me for an entire week! It was so much food. I think a lot of food is wasted this way too which is sad because too many people are going hungry in the world.

I dont remember food portions being this big as a kid. I know I will always have left overs!

I completely agree with you here. Until recently I was only eating one or two meals a day and managed to keep my weight at a healthy level. I take my time eating and the portions are not what you would find in a typical restaraunt. But, the gal I've been seeing for the past eight months or so is constantly feeding me; the food is healthy but the portions are huge and sometimes 4 times a day on the weekends. I'm gaining weight like crazy and I hate it. May have to have a talk with her about this... lol....

edit on 17-5-2011 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
It's amazing how quick sugar enters your blood stream too my grandad is diabetic and when his sugar gets low he has one biscuit and within a min he does his prick ya finger test and its back to a stable condition,obviously I know if it was dangerously low you would need more than a biscuit but you get my drift right.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I was diagnosed with Hypoglycemia about 4 years ago. I do still have some sugary items that I crave, but I have learned how to regulate my body by eating a heavier protein diet when I eat extra sweets. I am nowhere near overweight, maybe slightly under, but my father was diagnosed with it several years ago. You really have to be careful with alcohol as well.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Hi Skyfloating. You claim that sugar addiction is a cause of hypoglycemia. I'm diabetic and hypo is a condition caused by a severe lack of sugar. Whenever I experience any of the symptoms you mention the solution is to get some sugar into my system as fast as possible. I think you possibly meant hyperglycemia which is having far too much sugar in ones blood but the symptoms are nowhere near as obvious as hypo. My doctor once told me that often the first symptoms of diabetes are amputations or liver/kidney failure.

Too much sugar is certainly a bad thing but to cut it out altogether can be just as dangerous.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

I actually wake up in the middle of the night and in my half asleep phase go to the kitchen and attack the M&M bowl that is always there. Many times I don't even remember doing it but i wake up and there is a handful of M&M's next to my bed on a paper towel. Chocolate is the only thing I tend to do this with. I have always wondered why I do this...Honestly it does bother me. It's like I get a craving for it in my sleep and will stumble to the kitchen for it. I have literally woken up with M&Ms in my hand and wondered when I got up to get them..

I thought "chocoholic" was just a half-joking term, but according to this account it seems to be real. I admit it can be difficult to do without chocolate. My solution to the problem is not to stock any chocolate at home.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by MiTS1965

You got it backwards.

The reason you need the sugar is because you've already screwed up your system by consuming too much sugars in the past.

Sugar addiction most certainly causes imbalances of sugar levels. Both hyperglycemia and hypoglycemia.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Here is some information on diet soda for those who are interested. It also gives a link in the article to the study they got their information from. It came from a 9 yr study!
Diet Soda...even worse than regular soda

edit on 5/17/2011 by mblahnikluver because: add link of information

I replaced soda with diet soda but it wasnt much of a replacement. Today I drink gallons of Tea. Its made a huge difference.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by MiTS1965

Hi Skyfloating. You claim that sugar addiction is a cause of hypoglycemia. I'm diabetic and hypo is a condition caused by a severe lack of sugar.

Yes, I understand. But that lack of sugar is linked to having intaken too much sugar over longer periods of time in the first place in many cases.
edit on 17-5-2011 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blarneystoner

Also, Consider honey as an alternative as well. Honey is a powerful anti-biotic that can be used to fight anti-biotic resistant bacterial infections.

Honey certainly does the sweet-job just fine. Ive noticed no ill effects from honey.

Id love some professionals to chime in here.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

You are partially right, at least.
Take diabetic numbers from say 30 years ago when HFCS started to take iover everything.
Sure there were diabetics, but there are a few more nowadays.
It is difficult to find anything without HFCS, even in some ..."healthy foods".
Sure sugar has no nutrients and such, but your body does use it and your body will naturally balance everything it can.
So if sugar is the devil then, HFCS is the walmart super mega devil on crack.
I am a diabetic and I can drink the Mexican Coke and Pepsi and normalize pretty easy with an adjustment to my insulin, I have to work much harder to normalize after the same drinks from the US made with HFCS.
Do not sweat the sugar worry about HFCS.
They truly are 2 different animals.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Interesting but is not joke that since Americans has gotten in processed sugar rush they have gotten more thicker around the waist, diabetes is in the raise and so hart diseases.

Now as for me, I tend to gain weight easily when I increase my sugar, even with all the exercises. weight training , and b6 and b12 shots as soon I stop the sugar weights comes down.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Hi Skyfloating. You claim that sugar addiction is a cause of hypoglycemia. I'm diabetic and hypo is a condition caused by a severe lack of sugar.

Yes, I understand. But that lack of sugar is linked to having intaken too much sugar over longer periods of time in the first place in many cases.
edit on 17-5-2011 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

This certainly isn't true in my case. I've never had a sweet tooth. Chocolates bought for me for birthdays/Christmas have remained in my fridge for months. I've never even been a big fan of carbs or fruit. I'm sure that for some people high sugar consumption can cause diabetes but my point is that the symptoms you cited (correctly) for hypo generally do not exhibit themselves in people who take in high levels of sugar because they are in a permanent hyper state. Hyper symptoms are usually catastrophic and sometimes lethal.

What I'm trying to say is: use lots of sugar and you will become diabetic and hyper, leading to no obvious symptoms and possibly sudden death. Use too little sugar and you will demonstrate all the symptoms you described but that flags the disease and you need to take sugar quickly.

When I first started showing hypo symptoms I thought I would feel a bit better if I just had a lie down. That was the worst thing I could have done. My body needed sugar and I'm just concerned that there are people on here who are getting the message that sugar is intrinsically bad and should be avoided at all cost.

Rather than telling people that sugar is bad and if symptoms of hypoglycemia set in they should be met with avoidance of sugar the opposite message should be given: if you get symptoms of hypo GET SOME SUGAR IN YOU FAST.

I, my brother and youngest sister are all Type 2 diabetics. My eldest sister is Type 1 diabetic. My mother died of Type 2 diabetes last October. I know exactly what I'm talking about and don't want people to be missled on this site which could cause health problems for them just because someone is trying to promote a conspiracy theory.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

I, my brother and youngest sister are all Type 2 diabetics. My eldest sister is Type 1 diabetic. My mother died of Type 2 diabetes last October. I know exactly what I'm talking about and don't want people to be missled on this site which could cause health problems for them just because someone is trying to promote a conspiracy theory.

Well then, it sounds like your type2 diabetes is mostly genetic in origin, but don't think we're misleading people. 95% of type2 diabetes is related to dietary lifestyle choices. The mechanism in which excess sugars can lead to type2 diabetes is well known. Hypoglycemia is essentially a pre-diabetic state.

Besides, it sounds like you're just confused. It's not just "sugar" it's carbohydrate consumption. If you take in too much carbohydrates for your body to properly handle, over time you will develop hypoglycemia first, then type2 diabetes. Mounds of evidence which supports this.
edit on 17-5-2011 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Which I essentially agreed with. What I'm saying is that, regardless of the cause, if someone exhibits hypo symptoms they should TAKE sugar, not avoid it at all costs.

This thread seemed to be saying that sugar is intrinsically evil. Its not, it just needs to be regulated. Some have suggested total abstinance from sugar and that is dangerous. They could be hyper without knowing it and a sudden sessation of sugar intake could kill them very rapidly.

This is what happened with my mother. I don't want it to happen to anyone else.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Well I do agree that if someone is having an "attack" of hypoglycemia, they should take some sugar. To my knowledge, only a small amount is needed to hit your bloodstream quickly and normalize levels, correct? Something like 5grams of sugar, perhaps?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions

Well I do agree that if someone is having an "attack" of hypoglycemia, they should take some sugar. To my knowledge, only a small amount is needed to hit your bloodstream quickly and normalize levels, correct? Something like 5grams of sugar, perhaps?

My doctor advised that at the first sign of hypo I should drink half a bottle of Lucozade. Give it 30 mins and see if I feel I need more.

At the moment I don't need insulin tablets; I can control it by diet. This is why I get so upset by people saying others should cut out sugar entirely. You just have to be sensible and be aware what your body is telling you.
edit on 17-5-2011 by MiTS1965 because: Typo

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Forgot to mention the "no-Fat" conspiracy which makes people believe they can lose weight by purchasing "no-Fat" foods that are so full of sugar that they actually GAIN weight from them.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Kind of reminds you of coc aine huh?? A plant that gives you energy, is bad for you, addictive....bla bla bla....But sugar is legal??

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

That's because when you remove the fat, the only other macronutrient that can provide sustenance at a similar value is carbohydrate...which is often times in the form of sugar.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join