It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Energy weapons and power requirements .

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I know a little about energy weapons, however what would be the most powerful type of energy weapon? Let me point out that I also mean particle beam/ laser/microwave weapons not kinetic energy weapons that fire large projectiles .
So what energy weapon gives you the most damage /destructive capability for the least amount of power/energy required ? or put another way what type is the most efficient ?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by edtheduck

Tactical High Energy Lasers seem to be pretty good.
en.wikipedia.org...

Either that or Low Orbit Ion Cannons...

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by edtheduck

Well it all depends on your target and such, , the efficiency is dictated by how well the device is made, so there is minimal loss to heat or other wasted energy like sound etc.
it al depends then on your target and range etc... lasers are great for single targets like taking out a missile in flight, see the navy's ship board lasers for that.
microwaves are more suited to wide area attacks on human targets crowd control etc.
EMP is always a good one,
particle beams, well ion cannons are just a dream yet as far as taking out real world targets, i mean the best we have i think are ion thrusters, and they arnt the most efficient.

join