It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US alarmed by David Cameron's push for early Afghanistan withdrawal

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Hope this is true.

Senior American military figures have warned Britain that a hasty exit from Afghanistan could strain relations between the two countries.

That sounds like a threat to me.

The Daily Telegraph last week revealed that David Cameron has ordered British commanders to draw up plans to start pulling hundreds of British troops out of Afghanistan within weeks.The Prime Minister is expected to discuss a co-ordinated Afghan withdrawal in London next week.

We shall see.

Well-placed sources said that US generals have delivered a blunt warning to their British counterparts about the impact of an early UK withdrawal.One senior American general is said to have told British commanders that the US would not “bail out” British troops in Afghanistan if Mr Cameron reduces their numbers too quickly.

Who cares this dam war has gone on long enough it's time to go I'm sick of hearing about this special relationship WHO CARES.

Link www.telegraph.co.uk...

So what do you say.

Thanks

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Department store rules are in effect...
you break it, you buy it.
America and Britian broke afhganistan...now we gotta repair it or stick one of our flags in it and call it ours.

Speaking on behalf of the american's, I give it to you. Enjoy it

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Screw the yanks, they now have France as their buddies now, right?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by mars1

Neither country should be in Afghanistan either way ! We are the invaders and the taliban are the local freedom fighters, look at it from another perspective. We are trying to oppress them & they are resisting, Precisely what would happen in the UK or the US if it were reversed.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
It is times like this I wish the EU had their own force and would collectively tell the yanks to shove it.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by zookey
Screw the yanks, they now have France as their buddies now, right?

No way man, France is england's bff!

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I hope they will bring back Canadian troops too, they never ever should have messed with Afghanistan problems.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by User8911
I hope they will bring back Canadian troops too, they never ever should have messed with Afghanistan problems.

Russia didn't win Afghanistan either

I would ask why the interest in Afghanistan? Any ehm cult reason? Hitler tried, Russia tried, now NATO is trying.

Why the focus there?

Im sure its not "insurgents" etc. Perhaps it is for the supposed tunnels to get to the Annunaki ?

edit on 17-5-2011 by zookey because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by mars1

Camaeron is lying he's got a proven track record of it
just saying whatever it takes to get the vote while doing TPTB's evil bidding.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Good news for the brit troops if this is true america does not need british troops there america is more than capable of doing the job itself. The US has no right in saying relationships will soar after all british lifes lost in that country

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
it because,britain need to gather a ground forcefor libya,with france....they can't do that,while being tied to afghanistan..britain just doesn't have the means,to go on 2 fronts,it's to expensive.

and the relationship,between british and american military,has never been platonic.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

No offence to Americans from me

My beef is with your idiotic leadership or should I say dictatorship whichever one fits.
Two god dam wars America pulled us into on what lies that's what and this god dam special relationship is just a ball and chain we need to loose.

Anyway I hope this is true the cash is running out these murder weapons are expensive you know.

Cos that's how they roll

Thanks

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Actually, the point of this whole Afghanistan nightmare was to smash up al-queda and take out OBL overall. This was the result of the world trade center attack...world meaning world world, not like baseball's world series type world..
America should jump out early and leave the UK with the nation building crap.

Screw the brits, bring the americans back home and let the english do their colonialism part 2 by themselves

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by mars1

No offence to Americans from me

My beef is with your idiotic leadership or should I say dictatorship whichever one fits.
Two god dam wars America pulled us into on what lies that's what and this god dam special relationship is just a ball and chain we need to loose.

The special relationship is as followed

An englishman and an american were standing on a corner chatting to each other
Some asshat came over and shot at us
we got together and kicked his arse.
now that said arse is kicked, we gotta figure out who is footing the bill to drive back to our neighborhood...can't say it was one person or another's idea

You posted a video of GWB...(gah)...well, thats fine...and let me fish around for a video of Tony Blair.

You can't point fingers without realizing theres 3 pointing back at you.

Face it mate, we are all equally to blame...the politicians that got us in the mess are out of office, and now we got to be adults and clean up the mess that we both created.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
This 'special relationship' is the REAL axis of evil in the world.

The sooner the satanic ties between our two terrororist countries is broken, the better it will be for the world.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
So we get dragged into their war, then mocked by Obama and told me are no longer America's 'closest Ally' - We then get vaguely threatened by America - Simply because we want to get out troops out.

I'm actually with Cameron on this one.

Come home.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
So we get dragged into their war, then mocked by Obama and told me are no longer America's 'closest Ally' - We then get vaguely threatened by America - Simply because we want to get out troops out.

I'm actually with Cameron on this one.

Come home.

You didn't get dragged into jack first off.
Second off, a ally is an ally. NATO is a bunch of allied nations in the west. Attack 1 = attack em all...this is a 60 year old agreement that -america- was dragged into after WW2 when we dragged our feet while europe caught fire. If, say, Pakistan attacked the UK tomorrow, we wouldn't wait around a couple years to see how it plays out, our alliance requires us to immediately send support. thats how it works...we don't get "dragged" into anything.

However, I think its now becoming far too big...
The larger it gets, the less meaningful it becomes...Turkey...really?

Anyhow, the alliance is not a ranking system of closeness...its equal. the lip service paid to france was to try and undo the previous administrations "freedom frys" crap...Brits are mature enough to see what it was...
do we really need an offical to state the obvious, or can you accept the nudge nudge wink wink aspect of that to make the frog eating garlic smelling mime loving frenchys feel better about their role in the west.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Well well got a little snap there Saturn.

Actually, the point of this whole Afghanistan nightmare was to smash up al-queda and take out OBL

Apparently that's how the tale goes.

overall. This was the result of the world trade center attack...world meaning world world, not like baseball's world series type world..

Are you trying to tell me something

America should jump out early and leave the UK with the nation building crap.

Why not your never there for a full war anyway.

Screw the brits, bring the americans back home and let the english do their colonialism part 2 by themselves

No you don't the colonialism time is yours now and you know it.

Thanks

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Why the racism?

Can't we talk about other countries without resorting to tired old stereotypes please?

--

On topic I know what you're saying, but being dragged into something - I.e Afghanistan, due to the lies about BIn Laden, Al Queda etc

I don't doubt militant Islamic types exist, but I think our actions in Afghan haven't exactly quelled them have they?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
They only wanted the U.K involved so it didn't look like a hitler style invasion. The U.S make me sick and Tony Blair makes me sick for following them.

The fact that the retarded U.S military seem to keep killing the British soldiers to me, says we should have left a long time ago.

I don't care if the U.S government never help the U.K again, its corrupt democracy I have ever seen.

No more special relationship - Good riddance, you are a joke!

David Cameron is right, we should never have gone there.
edit on 17/5/2011 by jexmo because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join