It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Building Rocket Bases In Venezuela

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Iran Building Rocket Bases In Venezuela

members.beforeitsnews.com

The Iranian government is moving forward with the construction of rocket launch bases in Venezuela, the German daily Die Welt wrote in its Friday edition.

Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez is Teheran’s most important South American ally.

Iran is building intermediate- range missile launch pads on the Paraguaná Peninsula, and engineers from a construction firm – Khatam al-Anbia – owned by the Revolutionary Guards visited Paraguaná in February.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
This is a BOLD move by the Iranians but it is also genius. If the US decided it had to bomb said missile bases they would not only be killing iranians but most like venezuelans and on venezuelan soil. The US would be picking a fight with several countries. I'm sure Colombia is nervous as hell over this report. Included is a map in the article which shows more than a dozen US states within rocket range of Iranian missiles. Imagine if war came to america? maybe we would think twice about messing with the rest of the world if that came to pass.

members.beforeitsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

Well, sounds like the Cuban Missile Crisis to me.

But on the other hand the US have a couple of US bases in Europe and in the ME, too.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
let me understand more clearly...

Rockets go into Space
but Missiles are launched at air or other 'land' targets.

the thread title and the report interchange the vehile descriptions...missiles are not rockets.
at least how i learned it

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Why would the US bomb Iranian missile bases? That would only happen if there were nuclear missiles installed or they were lobbing missiles around. Sticking nuclear weapons in Venezuela would be a fool hardy move and deserve the attention of the US, which of course is why it won't happen.

We just need to wait to see whether the said missile sites are actually built and outlast the wind of change that is blowing through all these authoritarian regimes.

Regards

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kemal

Well, sounds like the Cuban Missile Crisis to me.

But on the other hand the US have a couple of US bases in Europe and in the ME, too.
Yes, but this one will play out Obama-style. It should be interesting.

We may have bases in Europe, but we still operate under the Monroe Doctrine... I guess?

Monroe Doctrine
edit on 17-5-2011 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
For some reason, I am having a hard time putting much credibility into this article... perhaps it is the question at the top of the page asking people to give their opinion as to whether or not this story is FACT or FICTION.
(I don't know many reliable news sites which contain this option.)

It would be one thing if this were an engineering partnership, as this is done all over the world, however, the article claims that Iran is paying for the project that will be controlled by the Venezuelan armed forces?
And the U.S. would allow this? (Highly doubtful considering the invasion of Iraq who had absolutely no weapon that could reach the U.S. mainland.)

I may be wrong, but I will have to wait for additional sources before believing any of this.

the Billmeister

ADD:
OK, I did some additional searching and it appears that this story has been picked up by quite a few papers... all quoting the same Die Welt article mind you. I will still be awaiting additional sources before believing this however, as I have no idea what the nature of the Die Welt publication is. Perhaps some German contributors could help with this.

edit on 17-5-2011 by Billmeister because: made obvious

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Billmeister

Apparently with what you have found additionally, this story has some legs. Nice work.

Nice find Coffinman... Star and flag!

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Upon a little further research of the additional press agencies that have published the Die Welt article, it appears that most of the links lead to the Jerusalem Post
Manoshevitz.com
and Yalibnan.com

The first two are from Israeli sources, the third stems from Lebanon.

Again, the veracity of the original article by Die Welt is what must be confirmed, as all these other sources have simply posted it, unedited.

At least two of the media outlets, I suspect, are proactively on the lookout for anything that would paint Iran as a threat to anyone other than Israel, and I am not convinced the same amount of journalistic fervor is used to verify such stories as is used for others.

That said, I guess we must wait and see.... though I still have grave doubts about all of this.

the Billmeister
edit on 17-5-2011 by Billmeister because: grammar... sheesh!

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

Think about it. why would iran want "rocket"
bases in Venezuela in first place? to threaten Peru? no, its an obvious "hello, here we are" to america. its a threat to america, you bomb us (or israel i would assume) and we will bomb u.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Well I have to say I am suspicious. The source is "Western security insiders" and its awfully convenient for two countries on our hit list to simultaneously be participating in an act that could be considered a legitimate threat to US national security.

Ive been suspicious for a while now that a lot of what is going on right now is toppling the dominoes to take down Iran. Including the Osama Drama. I suspect had the reaction of the American public actually been what they hoped, we would already be moving on them. But it wasnt, and so they need to lay more groundwork to sell the new war to us.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
WOWWWWW, why is everyone posting this like it's brand new news? I broke this story in September 2010!

Do your searches.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Billmeister

Nice find, sounds like isreal is doing some propaganda dooming and glooming doesn't it? Trying to bait the US to strike iran? Nah, they would never do anything like that

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by concernedcitizen519
WOWWWWW, why is everyone posting this like it's brand new news? I broke this story in September 2010!

Do your searches.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Sorry about that, I never saw it at the time.
I guess I don't get out enough.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Not your fault mate, you wern't the original poster, it's their job.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Missiles have guidance systems, Rockets are targeted via trajectory.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Looks like we are going to see who has the best poker face or hand. For some odd reason I see interference from Russia is to come and be a major player in this case. Something is very wrong with this somehow !

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by concernedcitizen519

I thought i had seen this back in the day as well but i figured this was a new development or perhaps more information.

top topics

join