It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20% of new Obamacare Waivers are restaurants, nightclubs, fancy hotels in Pelosi’s District!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by spyder550

Making assumtions, like you are only weaken you stance. But, to fuel your fantasy..... Sure, that is exactly what I want ALL OF THESE PEOPLE TO DIE> I am a Conservative Republican for pete's sake. Isn't that what we all want? lol

Look. If ObamaCare was so good for the common people, then companies wouldn't need these waivers (which aren't permanate (yet).

Just for clarification, I am not against H.C.R. I am against the way it is now set up and how it was obtained-against the will of the majority of Americans.

By the way... I know exactly what the ObamaCare waivers are. Union Payoffs. Example:

The Service Employees Benefit Fund, which insures 12,000 SEIU health-care workers in upstate New York, secured its ObamaCare exemption in October. The Local 25 SEIU Welfare Fund in Chicago also nabbed a waiver for 31,000 enrollees. The SEIU was one of ObamaCare's loudest proponents. The waivers come on top of the sweetheart deal that SEIU and other unions cut with the Obama administration to exempt them from the health-care mandate's onerous "Cadillac tax" on high-cost health-care plans until 2018.

Source: www.nypost.com...

Can you tell me what you think the Waivers are?
edit on 5/17/2011 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Typical elitist mentality.
The fact that major companies want out, and are granted speaks volumes to the farce of Obamacare.
If it is so good, then why are these companies & unions getting out and why doesn't the Politicians have to take it as well?

Oh I forgot, Obama and Company knows best.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
If this doesnt convince the kool-aid drinkers that Pelosi and Co. aren't a bunch of elitist nuts, then nothing will.

Sadly, Nothing will.

Star 4U.
SnF for the OP.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Believe me when i tell you that the clock is ticking on ObamaCare.
Remember the rotten deals to get it pushed through congress?
- The corn husker kick back -
- The Louisiana Purchase -

We will repeal ObamaCare altogether ASAP.
Everyone will breathe a huge sigh of relief when it's gone.

There was no Corn Husker kickback the Louisiana part was a resonable compromise and Canadians basically look at our healthcare as rather Cro Magnon - and not in the good way.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

The fact that major companies want out, and are granted speaks volumes to the farce of Obamacare.
If it is so good, then why are these companies & unions getting out and why doesn't the Politicians have to take it as well?

Do you have any idea what they want "out" of???

These companies want to continue to give their employees "mini-med" insurance policies until 2014. How evil of them....they want to continue to give their employees insurance.

But of course...you wouldn't know that...because I don't think you know what the waivers are. :shk:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Here is a good post that details what the waivers are for. I was going to make one, but this tread already has laid everything out.

Go and educate yourself, if you dare.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

No, I do understand. I also know that within politics, if you want to find the truth, follow the money and stench of BS.

If it is so good, why is it not applied to all?

The Govt has no business dictating to companies what they offer their employees.
Yours is of an attitude that you are owed something by everyone else.
God forbid you have to provide for yourself, instead of nanny govt.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Funny you bring Palin up. She did make a statement regarding this matter:

Gov. Sarah Palin on Pelosi district’s Obamacare waivers: ‘Seriously, this is corrupt’
Source: dailycaller.com...

(And for the Spyder550):

The reason the Obama administration says it has given out waivers is to exempt certain companies or policyholders from “annual limit requirements.” The applications for the waivers are “reviewed on a case-by-case basis by department officials who look at a series of factors including whether or not a premium increase is large or if a significant number of enrollees would lose access to their current plan because the coverage would not be offered in the absence of a waiver.” The waivers don’t allow a company to permanently refrain from implementing Obamacare’s stipulations, but companies can reapply for waivers annually through 2014.

Hmm, looks like the folks you cry for by saying they wouldn't have health care.. Do have health care-hence the application for the Waiver. And sir. you may not realize it yet (apparently) you better hope more people are thinking like me.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

No, I do understand. I also know that within politics, if you want to find the truth, follow the money and stench of BS.

The Govt has no business dictating to companies what they offer their employees.

So allowing companies to continue to offer limited benefits plans to their employees is an evil thing???

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon72

Making assumtions, like you are only weaken you stance. But, to fuel your fantasy..... Sure, that is exactly what I want ALL OF THESE PEOPLE TO DIE> I am a Conservative Republican for pete's sake. Isn't that what we all want? lol

Look. If ObamaCare was so good for the common people, then companies wouldn't need these waivers (which aren't permanate (yet).

Just for clarification, I am not against H.C.R. I am against the way it is now set up and how it was obtained-against the will of the majority of Americans.

By the way... I know exactly what the ObamaCare waivers are. Union Payoffs. Example:

The Service Employees Benefit Fund, which insures 12,000 SEIU health-care workers in upstate New York, secured its ObamaCare exemption in October. The Local 25 SEIU Welfare Fund in Chicago also nabbed a waiver for 31,000 enrollees. The SEIU was one of ObamaCare's loudest proponents. The waivers come on top of the sweetheart deal that SEIU and other unions cut with the Obama administration to exempt them from the health-care mandate's onerous "Cadillac tax" on high-cost health-care plans until 2018.

Source: www.nypost.com...

Can you tell me what you think the Waivers are?

Can I tell you what waivers are??????? Did you not read my post or maybe see the list of entities that have applied/been granted.

This is not the healthcare bill I wanted either - but after 60 years of watching it being defeated by the Medical/insurance industry -- we finally have something. My dad was a midwestern doctor. He and his cohorts hated the concept and it all revolved around money. I have worked in the medical industry as a designer -- it is all about money. Healthcare should not be a "profit center" your illness should not be a money making opportunity. In the US that is the way it is. You are a commodity and healthcare is eating you alive.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

It is a strange alternate universe that these guys are draw to. Apparently allowing people to have healthcare is a bad thing. It is the only conclusion that can be drawn.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

You seem to have trouble grasping this fairly simple concept of what a waiver is and why it is applied for. I say this because if you did understand what it was - none of these statements would make sense, and if you do not understand then these are perfectly sensible statements.

link   

Originally posted by spyder550

It is a strange alternate universe that these guys are draw to. Apparently allowing people to have healthcare is a bad thing. It is the only conclusion that can be drawn.

Like I said, they are either ignorant of the facts about these waivers or they are intentionally spreading distorted information hoping to fool others into believing it.

The information is out there. You posted it in your first reply, I linked to a thread that details what the waivers are for. But it appears they don't want to deal with facts.

All we can do is continue to call them out on their lies.

link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Believe me when i tell you that the clock is ticking on ObamaCare.
Remember the rotten deals to get it pushed through congress?
- The corn husker kick back -
- The Louisiana Purchase -

We will repeal ObamaCare altogether ASAP.
Everyone will breathe a huge sigh of relief when it's gone.

There was no Corn Husker kickback the Louisiana part was a resonable compromise and Canadians basically look at our healthcare as rather Cro Magnon - and not in the good way.

Oh! So you ARE a Canadian?
I see !
Now it all makes sense.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Ah, I see. You can't present a logical argument...so you just decide to go with an ad hom against nationality.

:shk:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

So allowing companies to continue to offer limited benefits plans to their employees is an evil thing???

If the company can not afford HC for its employees, due to the implimentation of the new laws, then they should not be granted waivers, if the new laws were SO good in the first place, and would save SO much money.
The fact that Obama created this environment, and now provides a way out for Companies that are bed fellows of the Democrat party is a manufactured problem.
Never let a crisis go to waste ring true?

If it so good, then everyone should be flocking to it. But, again, the companies with direct ties to Obama and ilk are granted special permissions.
Nothing like having friends in high Govt places.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

But the dont want out they are not being granted immunity from anything -- what the hell are you talking about.?? It is just not that hard to understand what these things are. Or you are amongst the willfully ignorant -- a human condition I find a detestable waste of a conscious mind. Which is it

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Ah, I see. You can't present a logical argument...so you just decide to go with an ad hom against nationality.

:shk:

No, US citizens are just tired of hearing Canadians preach to us about how great Obama is and how fantastic National Health Care is.
Didn't one of your mayors or governors come down to the states for an operation?
If you like it so much, you can keep it.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

My arguments are in my other posts. Can't you read?
--------------------------------------------------
The Canadian system isn't working out so well.
- Medical Tourism -
They fly down here to get surgery. Stay up there in Canada and you take a number
and hope you don't die waiting for 9 months.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

But the dont want out they are not being granted immunity from anything -- what the hell are you talking about.?? It is just not that hard to understand what these things are. Or you are amongst the willfully ignorant -- a human condition I find a detestable waste of a conscious mind. Which is it

Sol Alinsky has taught you well. Deflect and attack.

It allows them a temp get out pass up to 2014, which then allows then to reapply in 2014.
If the company can't survive without the Govt giving them special passes, then they should not be open for business.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join