It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20% of new Obamacare Waivers are restaurants, nightclubs, fancy hotels in Pelosi’s District!

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by nenothtu

That right there refutes the "living document" argument. It states plainly that laws are to be measured against the Constitution, NOT that the Constitution is to be warped or "interpreted" to fit the new laws.

Are you un-puzzled now that I've spelled it out and held your hand through it?

Ummm...no.

You give any written document to 10 people...and then see if they all "interpret" it the same way.

You can tell from this thread and others...many people have disagreements as to what certain parts of the Constitution is saying.

That is the purpose of the SCOTUS...to have the final INTERPRETATION.

This is basic stuff.

See, there's the problem - folks thinking that it stands in need of "interpretation" rather than just reading what is written. Like I said before, if one can't understand English well enough that he needs an interpreter for the most basic of foundational documents, then he's probably in the wrong country.

Now, per your example of 10 people "interpreting" a document in 10 different ways, they really ought to try reading it for comprehension, and that problem will vanish like smoke on a breeze. Their first mistake is thinking it has to be "interpreted" for some odd reason, rather than just meaning what it says and saying what it means.

Yup, you're right, it's pretty basic stuff.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

if someone in canada broke their ankle, how long would it take for them to get the bone set and caste put on... (it requires an operation some times by the way, pins and plates place in to hold the bones together to heal)..
would someone in canada have to contact their equivalent of a state representative to have a chat with a surgeon to get it done???

ya, US healthcare is great...really I don't believe that one.....as long as you are either very poor, or have enough money to at least have the insurance!!!
for some of us, you are saying having no healthcare is better than having canada's healthcare, which might be true also, considering what is in the drugs that they peddle..

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realms
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Do you pay into social security? Medicare? Unemployment insurance?

Do you have a choice in the matter? Is there an opt out program I don't know about?

No...you don't.

You must be outraged.

Actually, you do. You can do what I've done before, stop working for externals and paying into that system at all. No income to tax means no income tax from you, along with all the ancillary thefts they perform. No reason on Earth that you can't get along without "working for the man". Looks like I'll be headed that way again pretty soon, because I'm NOT playing their silly assed game this time.

All you have to pay in that case is county property taxes (assuming you own your own) and a state sales tax now and then if you really feel a need to make an outside purchase. It's a damn sight easier to make just enough "income" to cover that in a year's time than it is constantly working for a government which can never take enough.

edit on 2011/5/18 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

I am not really sure if that would count as an emergency situation really. I know my cousin died while sitting on a waiting list to see an oncologist for almost a year. That was in toronto. I think it varies province to province, and that big city folks might have it better than I do out here.

I know the US healthcare sucks, your either poor and get it free, or you are rich and can pay it full without breaking a sweat. People that are lucky enough, get a decent plan through work. People like me that run our own tiny business get screwed. A week at the hospital, getting a few blood transfusions in NY, you get a bill with a higher price tag than a brand new car.

This obamacare, well it's like putting a used bandaid on a bullethole wound, and telling the patient(working man) that it will be OK.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

the problem with the US healthcare system is that they allowed it to get out of control and now no one can afford it!! we the people can't, the business who used to provide insurance are finding that it is out of their means or getting very close to being so, local and state gov'ts, at least in NY, and I imagine in other states also, kept hikind up all kinds of taxes and fees always pointing their finger at medicaid as the reason it was needed till they about had a tax revolt on their hands, and well, the federal gov't is beyond hope, they are getting so that they can't afford to pay the interest on all the debt that they've racked up the past decade or so....
we can't afford our healthcare system, and well, got to ask, why it is that medicines that are priced so rediculously high here, are so much less elsewhere....if they can be sold that cheaply there, why can't they be sold that cheaply here??
obamacare does nothing that I know of to reduce the actual costs, if not it will cause that cost to rise even higher.... it's just rearranging how the money flows.....
and well, there just isn't that much money to flow!!!

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
I have never been able to afford health insurance in my life.... And even I know this obamacare is a disaster waiting to happen. I understand one of the main reasons why the medical and health insurance prices are so high. Government interference.

That is not true, that is your opinion and rhetorically easy explanation.

The 1500 claim form, mandated by the federal government is the most ingenious benefits the industry ever
saw.

The standardized ICD-9 code creates a unified, easy to understand codex, as opposed 100's of codes to explain one diagnosis out of tens of thousands...

Meanwhile aspects of the private system that are not standardized, create a tremendous inefficiency to process
for doctors and billers. In fact it is my job, Aetna for example, just two months ago started sending checks
without any names on them, NOTHING but an amount and several numbers. They expect everyone to
call or check a website to determine WHO this check is in payment OF. To make matters worse they
do not indicate on the website what date the payment is for...

I have 15 different passwords to access 15 different companies require 15 different passwords with 15 criteria for that passwords validity , 10 different procedures to check status, 3 browsers depending on the company.
100's of phone numbers,,, ten of which drop your call, seemingly on purpose, hundreds of procedures to re submit a claim... THOUSANDS of random denial codes. You wanna know how much time this requires??? Talk about a waste and inefficiency, you clearly have no idea about the insurance industry.
edit on 18-5-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Nice, you actually answered a question.
No, you are wrong. We the people are the holders of it. Not the Govt. That is why it was designed for anyone to read and understand. There is supposed to be Judicial restraint applied, not activist on the benches viewing each case compared to foreign law, case law and the like. The Judges life should be very simple. Does it go against the law and/or Constitution? In this case, with Obamacare, yes it goes against both.

What you pitch is Rule of Man, as man is the Judges.

You are entitled to your opinion.

Luckily, your opinion holds no weight.

Be my guest...you go ahead and go against a SCOTUS ruling, claiming you KNOW what the Constitution really meant....let me know how that turns out for you.

Yep, holier then thou.
My opinion is false, crap, wrong and so on.
Your opinion on the other hand is always right, the truth as if handed down by God and such.

Not only are you full of crap, you are full of your self as well.

edit on 19-5-2011 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz

just because the government does something that is against the constitution doesn't make it legal after the fact. it is currently not in the power of the u.s. government to do this under the constitution, yet they did it. they all broke their oaths of office, and the only way to fix the problem is to get rid of everyone in all political offices, and put in honest, hard working americans who don't have connections to big corporations. people with a backbone.

they are traitors to america. both legally and morally. sellouts.

I defer to the SCOTUS to make that decision.

I apologize if I don't hold your opinion credible.

I'll ask you the exact same thing...will you accept the SCOTUS ruling on the law?

While you suggest that some honor the founders as Gods, it looks like you bow to the alter of the Judicial System.
edit on 19-5-2011 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

Yep, holy then thou.
Your opinion on the other hand is always right, the truth as if handed down by God and such.

Not true...I fully admit that my opinion holds no weight in the real world either.

That is why I defer to the SCOTUS...and I am more than happy to accept their decision.

If I disagree with their decision...then I disagree...but that doesn't mean that I will claim they are invalid or corrupt.

Now...the same simple question I have asked repeatedly. Can you accept their decision??? Or will you be the one that is full of your self???

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

While you suggest that some honor the founders as Gods, it looks like you bow to the alter of the Judicial System.

I abide by the rules of the system I have been given to work with.

Nothing more...nothing less.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

reply to post by macman

Yep, holy then thou.

Not true...I fully admit that my opinion holds no weight in the real world either.

That is why I defer to the SCOTUS...and I am more than happy to accept their decision.

If I disagree with their decision...then I disagree...but that doesn't mean that I will claim they are invalid or corrupt.

Now...the same simple question I have asked repeatedly. Can you accept their decision??? Or will you be the one that is full of your self???

You twist and contort more then a tantrum driven 4 year old.
I do not need any activist Judge to tell me whats right and whats wrong.
I don't need the Govt telling this either. They work for me, not for their own interests.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
ya, really bad looking.

anyone mention congress don't have to have the bamacare?

or anyone in the senate too?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
ya, really bad looking.

Are you kidding?
Why would the Politicians want this crap? They dish it out to the huddles masses and wait for the awe inspired look of worship from those not in the upper crust loop.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

I don't need the Govt telling this either. They work for me, not for their own interests.

There is no need for name calling...can you not discuss things in a civil way?

It appears it is YOU that is the one that believes their opinion is always right...not me.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

reply to post by macman

There is no need for name calling...can you not discuss things in a civil way?

It appears it is YOU that is the one that believes their opinion is always right...not me.

Name calling? Where?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Originally posted by fooks
ya, really bad looking.

Are you kidding?
Why would the Politicians want this crap? They dish it out to the huddles masses and wait for the awe inspired look of worship from those not in the upper crust loop.

You still don't seem to understand that there is no "Obamacare" to "have".

The members of congress and the senate have very good health insurance, theirs most likely already meet the standards outlined in the health care reform.

Do you understand there is no "Obamacare" that anyone will subscribe to or purchase???

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by spyder550

Newsflash! With obamacare healthcare was supposed to be affordable, was it not? Fail!

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

Really...I have to point it out?

Now would you kindly answer the question I asked?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join