It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about air to water light angle change

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Our of curiosity, what is the angle that light refracts at when it goes from air to water, or viceversa, and how qould one set up a scope to circumvent this problem.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Air to water refracts at 1.33
I haven't done physics in a while so.....yehhh, better than nothing ha. But 1.33 is correct

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by locololo

why did you start a thread to ask this question? Do you people not know how to use google?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by locololo
Our of curiosity, what is the angle that light refracts at when it goes from air to water, or viceversa, and how qould one set up a scope to circumvent this problem.
The relationship is more or less linear within a certain range of angles, but in general it's not linear. You can see it plotted here in the "angle in air" versus "angle in water" graph:

mintaka.sdsu.edu...

So you can't correct for it with a fixed system. DARPA or somebody like that might have already developed a variable system but it could be either classified, or very costly, or both, I didn't really check, and yeah, Google is your friend.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by VonDoomen
reply to post by locololo

why did you start a thread to ask this question? Do you people not know how to use google?

sorry about that, it was more of first this question, and then if ther are other questions i may need assistance in, i would post here.

new topics

top topics

join