It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TEPCO admits nuclear meltdown occurred at Fukushima reactor 16 hours after quake

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Found this.

Tokyo Electric Power Co. (TEPCO) admitted for the first time on May 15 that most of the fuel in one of its nuclear reactors at the Fukushima No. 1 Nuclear Power Plant had melted only about 16 hours after the March 11 earthquake struck a wide swath of northeastern Japan and triggered a devastating tsunami.

Link mdn.mainichi.jp...

So to all them that did not believe TEPCO's dribble looks like you were right.

Don't know how reliable the source is but if true there will be a lot of anger over there.
Edit to add link
Another link www.prisonplanet.com... they got story from same source.

What do you think

Thanks

edit on 063131p://2011-05-17T06:18:00-05:00175 by mars1 because: To add link

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Well don't know if this has been on ATS nothing came up in search anyway a little interesting bit from link in OP.

Based on provisional analysis of data on the reactor, the utility concluded that the water level in the pressure vessel began to drop rapidly immediately after the tsunami, and the top of the fuel began to be exposed above the water around 6 p.m. Around 7:30 p.m., the fuel was fully exposed above the water surface and overheated for more than 10 hours. At about 9 p.m., the temperature in the reactor core rose to 2,800 degrees Celsius, the melting point for fuel. At approximately 7:50 p.m., the upper part of the fuel started melting, and at around 6:50 a.m. on March 12, a meltdown occurred.

Surely they must have known from the start not just now I don't know much about nuclear technical jibba jabba but even from a distance they must have known what was happening.

On the reason why it took over two months after the earthquake to reveal the information, TEPCO said it had only been able to start obtaining detailed data on the temperature and pressure in the reactor for analysis in early May.

If they say so.

"They could have assumed that when the loss of power made it impossible to cool down the reactor, it would soon lead to a meltdown of the core. TEPCO's persistent explanation that the damage to the fuel had been limited turned out to be wrong," he said.

Well I guess that's alright then never would have seen that coming.

Anyway here's the link again mdn.mainichi.jp...

Thanks

edit on 073131p://2011-05-17T07:34:18-05:00175 by mars1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mars1

On the reason why it took over two months after the earthquake to reveal the information, TEPCO said it had only been able to start obtaining detailed data on the temperature and pressure in the reactor for analysis in early May.

If they say so.
They lost power so I understand why they couldn't get data immediately without power, but it seems like they had some power a week later so I would have thought they'd have data then, and moreover, they should have been able to predict what would happen to the exposed core, even without the data.

" TEPCO's persistent explanation that the damage to the fuel had been limited turned out to be wrong," he said.

Well I guess that's alright then never would have seen that coming.
Very funny!

Yeah the only people surprised by that are the ones who never studied what happened at TMI or Chernobyl. It took YEARS to get the truth of what happened in those cases, but, to some extent the plant operators didn't actually know what was really happening right away or exactly how bad it was, they just knew it was bad. The power outage at Fukushima must have made it that much worse. Three Mile island had power, and all their gages, and they still didn't know what was happening inside the reactor, for quite some time, but we're talking about hours or days, not months.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mars1

Makes me feel better knowing I was right all along, but I wish I wasn't right and this disaster in Japan never even happened!!! For one time in my life, I don't feel good being right....

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

Strange thing is there is no mention of Japan's Fukushima disaster in UK media for some time now after all we had the royal wedding and now the queen's visit to Ireland and something about the IMF.

Thanks

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Actually some ATS guys figured it out before that,, and the proof is here as well,, just good luck finding it mostly because of this
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
reply posted on 12-3-2011 @ 10:54 AM by
Please post about the nuclear reactor issue here

abovetopsecret.com...

and here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed.

edit on Sat Mar 12 2011 by because: (no reason given)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Makes it harder to find the evidence,, but its their

Divide and Conquer,, & confusion
edit on 17-5-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Got some more from BBC.

Japan nuclear crisis: Fukushima shutdown for January
Japan still believes it can end its nuclear crisis within months, while accepting damage from March's quake and tsunami was worse than first thought.
The government and the operator of the Fukushima Daiichi power plant recently revealed the No 1 reactor suffered a near complete meltdown within hours of the disaster.

Link www.bbc.co.uk...

This bit gets to me for some reason.

Within 16 hours most of the fuel in reactor 1 had melted to the floor of the pressurised chamber housing the reactor, creating a hole that allowed 3,000 tonnes of contaminated water to leak into the basement of the building.

They must have known how could they not.Anybody know what a near complete meltdown is

If the rods melted in to the floor how deep would they be by now

It appears there is another plant in cold shutdown whatever that is.

In a separate development, the operators of Japan's ageing Hamaoka nuclear plant south-west of Tokyo said all reactors were in a state of cold shutdown.
The plant is located in the Tokai region near a tectonic faultline just 200km from Tokyo, and Prime Minister Naoto Kan called for its closure in light of the catastrophic events at the Fukushima plant.

Thanks

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by mars1

Have you seen this.

www.youtube.com...://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vz4I5rb3_BM

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
This article needs to be emailed to all friends and family. You can't keep calling us conspiracy theorists if we're continually proven right.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
Actually some ATS guys figured it out before that,, and the proof is here as well,, just good luck finding it mostly because of this
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
reply posted on 12-3-2011 @ 10:54 AM by
Please post about the nuclear reactor issue here

abovetopsecret.com...

and here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed.

edit on Sat Mar 12 2011 by because: (no reason given)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Makes it harder to find the evidence,, but its their

Divide and Conquer,, & confusion
edit on 17-5-2011 by BobAthome because:

Here ya' go!

Ridiculous things are happening, and nothing's funny.

new topics

top topics

join