It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can animals really see or detect ghosts.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
I bought my house 4 years ago it's a new build the lady who owned it died of old age not sure weather in the house or hospital.We got our dog and at the around the same time most but not all nights he looks into the passage leading to the bedrooms and gets very aggravated dosnt just grawls and his fir sticks up,we bought a cat to get rid of the mice not straight away but she now does the same thing she does some mad meow like a drawn out meow last about 20secs and the fir on her tail stands up I don't believe in ghosts but this is freaky to watch.
Will try to get it on camcorder.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Animals have better senses than humans, and you can see dogs always notice an EQ before it happens, so it wouldnt surprise me if they can sense something is there, or maybe they can see something, but obviously, they cant communicate with us so easily, so its hard to tell.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Uncertain1

I had a very similar experiece that lasted two weeks after a night of fooling around with an ouija board. Long story short........ My little Jack Russell would walk around the house as if he was following something and then stop and stare at a wall. I called a friend of mine who is a clairvoiant to come over and check the house. Before she arrived, my dog was sitting in the hallway facing the wall at a particular point barking and going absolutely nuts. I heard the knock at the front door and I picked up my dog and put him outside. On answering the door it was my friend Madeline.

After feeling the house for a few minutes she walked straight to the place where my dog was sitting and barking and said there was a spirit there. She said he was angry because we brought him and and he wants to go home........ So yes! I strongly believe animals are sensitive to the spirit world.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Our cat is always suddenly sitting up and staring at points high up on our walls and looking like he is watching something moving,theres never anything there that i can see

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Chaser2000au

I need a madeline I think I'm not to fussed about it but my girlfriend is,there is no other strange things going on to indicate a ghost just this weird thing our animals do.The fact it's always at around the same time and at the same location of the house is what makes it so weird.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I believe in ghosts. Quick personal experience if you're interested...

My mother's house is haunted. It's a very old house and was bought by my grandparents in the 60's. Everyone in my family has had experiences in that house over the years. My father was a staunch disbeliever in ghosts until he had his own weird experiences there. Anyways we have always had dogs. I rememeber one night sitting in the living room watching TV with my mother and sisters. Our dog left the living room and went into the downstairs hallway and started growling at the foot of the staircase. He did this for about 5 minutes. I went to see what he was growling at and when I turned on the light he was just standing there looking at the stairs with his hackles raised. Then it looked like he was following the motion of something because he left the bottom of the satirs and walked out of the hallway and into the dining room still growling and having his hackles raised. It creeped me out big time. Anyways over the years he would go over to the bottom of the stairs every so often and give that low growl and raise his hackles. He's not the only dog we had that did that and now my mother still lives there and her dog barks at the bottom of the stairs every so often.

I do think animals can see ghosts.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Is this what you mean?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by sugarmonkey

Yeah that's it a low growl and once only he has jumped off the sofa where he normally displays this weirdness and charged into the hallway I remember this because when he came to sit back down he was panting more than he does when I take him for a run(maybe I should run faster).

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by zookey

I can't watch it I'm at work my 3G signal no good as you can probably tell by some of my writing.I'll watch it when I get in thanks

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by zookey

DO NOT WATCH THIS VID ITS A SCREAMER, (no sound) Girl from the exorcist pops up at the end, what a ******

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanishr

Thanks for the heads up who gave him a star

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Uncertain1

I have always thought that dogs can see ghosts/spirits, but they don't realize the difference between them and us. I also think that babies and very young children can see them too.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

I agree, my sister moved into a older house with her 2-3 year old son. The first couple of nights she was complaining how the bedroom fan would turn off in the middle of the night or power in her room would go out and she still to this day swears that she can hear her breeze way door open and slam shut at night.

Anyway, after the lived in the house for roughly a month or so, she told me that almost every night her son would come into her room and crawl into bed with her. When she questioned him, he would tell her that something was in his room and he didn't want to stay in there. She believes in ghost as do I, so you can imagine how freaked out she was after having her experiences.

However, he turns 6 next week and since that time when he was little, he no longer gets scared "hears" "sees" things at night. She still tells me that strange things happen to her though.

edit on 17-5-2011 by reeper121 because: grammar

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I always figure dit had to do with how animals perceive the world around them.

From what I understand, most animals live in the "here and now" and typically do not spend great lengths of time thinking about the past or future, as we humans do.

To me, that might be the answer as to why it is they might see things liek ghosts - because their minds are uncluttered with the worries we have and are not always living in daydreams, they are more focused and aware of "the now".

I figure if people could train themselves, focus intently on "the now" without distractions of the ego and worries of the future, we too might have the same ability.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uncertain1
reply to post by zookey

I can't watch it I'm at work my 3G signal no good as you can probably tell by some of my writing.I'll watch it when I get in thanks

Don't bother... it's 22 seconds of your life that you will never get back.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by noonebutme

Great theory they do say we only use a small percentage of our brain perhaps this is also due to the points you mentioned.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilder

He may have worms.............................

No seriously. It's pretty freeky when they do that.

new topics

top topics

join