It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beat The White Kid Says Teacher

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

I know what you mean, man, in 1995 I was arguing with people in Usenet about this exact issue, and nothing ever changes... People like him pipe up that an unlevel playing field in all things between black and white is a necessity for 'healing' - well almost 20 years later, and it's just getting worse.

Kudos to the intellectuals with their uncanny ability to only see with blinkers on.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by aching_knuckles

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
WHY was this moved to rant?!

Seriously ATS? WTH!

This is a social situation for god's sake and it isn't the first time something like this has happened.

I thought rant was to rant about something that is pissing you off? This is an actual story! The teacher should be fired.

Please move this back.

Actually, I think this thread should be locked and johnleebarnes should be banned for trolling:

I can pick out at least 4 spots on this thread where he is using british slang like "muppet", "mate", etc. but he is blathering on and on about america and american freedoms.

just some brit pretending to be a yank to stir the racial pot. Not only should he be banned, I wish internet cowards like this were tracked down.
edit on 17-5-2011 by aching_knuckles because: (no reason given)

I have no idea what those terms mean and they can mean different things in different parts of the world.

I don't really care what he is saying honestly, it's the article he shared that i am concerned about. Teachers shouldn't get away with this and the OP is right where he said if it were a black child it would be a totally different story. My friends daughter went thru a similar situation so this is not just one case, it happens more than people think but it just gets swept away when it's a white child. I am not saying this to be racist, I see it a lot where I live and I use to work in the school system where I saw it there as well.

It is a social issue, the issue isnt the OP and whether or not you think they are trolling.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
The sad thing about this story is that, more than likely, the boy will never look at African-Americans in a favorable light. He will forever remember this day as the day he was attacked both physically and mentally by his peers...and will probably keep a grudge on his shoulder over the events, perhaps even passing his opinion and feelings on to his own children, keeping the vicious cycle in play.

What a sad day for America.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
People open your eyes instead of blaming the whites or the blacks let's educate ourselves and our children it is not okay to be racist or beat somebody up. People are all the same. Instead of blaming someone why don't we all step up and treat each other with respect you see some one hungry feed them you see some one cold clothe them you see some one crying hold them let's all treat each other with respect and see how great our world would be

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

They moved another thread I was talking on to the Rant forum as well today.
Seems like there are some racist mods lurking about....

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by leejohnbarnes

Originally posted by Naptown317
Seems someone has written a check they couldnt cash. Of course any type of violence is bad but theses are lessons mom and dad taught us long ago.

If you cant say anything nice, then dont say anything at all.

So its okay to beat a white child if they use the N word.

So its okay for a black racial majority class to attack a white racial minority child simply as someone else alleged they heard the child say something racist.

So a majority black class of students are well within their rights to racially attack a racial minority child not for something they heard - but for something someone else said they heard - and which if they had not said what they said, none of the class would have known anyway.

That to physically attack an individual because of a racial slur is acceptable.

I think you need psychiartric help.

But hey its okay for blacks to call each other the N word and not beat each other.

Its also okay for blacks to racially abuse whites in rap records, and whites must not physcially retailate.

The ONLY evidence this minority race child said any derogatory terminology comes from a mentally deranged teacher who provoked a racial assault and then let it happen.

But hey - its always okay to beat whitey aint it.

Yes. What backwards nation are you from? Racists get beat up all the time, this is a good thing.

Beating up racists is the way forward. Lets have more of it. After all, we'd still be living in the 1500s if racism was tolerated and everyone was a pacifist coward. Thank god for violence.

You just don't understand the situation because you're uneducated. A black person calling a black person the n word is not racism, that's why it's tolerated. And even then actually a lot of the time it isn't, there's many who hate the word. It's not comparable to a white person calling a black person the n word, the only comparison is a white person calling a white person a "cracker" or a "honkey". Now if a black person called me a cracker? I'd put a few on your jaw if you racially abuse me in such a manner. But if a white person called me a cracker, why would that bother me? That's not racism, it's stupidity. There's a distinction.

This isn't about beating whitey, it's about being racists. The fact you don't notice the difference is hugely suspect. America really needs to catch up with the rest of the world.
edit on 17-5-2011 by NadaCambia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Ah......this I haven't seen in quite a while......reverse, same race, racism...

It's nice to see that our nation of P-Whipped dipsticks are bright enough to pull this no brainer out of the hat. Hrmmm seems logical......NOT!

This is the very reason any kind of racism exists....if that kid didn't full on hate blacks before.....he will now....and he'll resent white folk for letting him feel that way.

Children are a direct reflection of their parents..........end of story. Start there.......

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
sometimes it seems like TPTB are going to push white folks as far as they can until, when we start fighting back, they use it as an excuse to throw every white person with an ounce of dignity left into a concentration camp...then they can officially give the country away to the minorities who will work slave labor jobs for $5 an hour, something that was done unofficially a long time ago...its time for another civil war, where is the Confederacy when you need them to rise again?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Sounds to me like the kid got what he deserved. I guess we'll see if his view has changed. He'll either really hate blacks and come in and masacre them or he'll have learned his lesson.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

Ok, look .....I'm not racist, I hate EVERYONE.......

The distinction is this as you put it.........racism is a farce......do not confuse cultural prejudice with perceived indifference to color.

We are ALL ONE RACE....the human race, yet due to geographic and cultural differences we use such an inappropriate and incorrect term to explain why we hate each other. If I hate you cause your white........that's not really racism, that's nothing more than a personal preference of what you choose to be acceptable to you. And by all means like minded individuals tend to gather together with that old animal herding gene in full swing.

Any one that coins the term racism, is just looking for a buck on the back of his own ignorance and insecurity, or they are trying to push a personal agenda that holds no real weight.....

In essence one whom uses the term is blinded by his own mental shallowness. IE-your stupid.

When you realize we are all the one race of humans...and that in reality we are animals and not truly civil to begin with (we kid ourselves often). Then you understand that everything else outside of your insecurity border is nothing but petty delusion and selfish mide.

You gain clarity and comprehension, you see lies everywhere. And then it hits you....they want it like this, so you do not notice what true freedom really is............we are not free by any means. Racism was created by a mixture of culture prejudice and corporate targeted social demographics for profit.

We are all one race, the quicker you understand that, the easier things become.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Im real big on ambushes with baseball bats AFTER school...JMO

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Teachers are in a leadership position, whether they know it or not. They should be setting an example, not participating and/or instigating conflict. If the kid did say what he allegedly said, he was indeed wrong in my opinion. However, the action of the teacher is appalling. Use the proper procedural channels (read: principal) to discipline the student. A 58 year old woman taking it upon herself to incite violence against one of her students because she took personal offense to his words.

Disgusting. And yes, reverse racism does exist. I suppose it just depends on the people and the area, among other factors. I am white and grew up in schools which were predominately black, and no one that I know of had any problems with race. I had just as many black friends as white friends, and I think part of the violence and animosity has to do with cultural differences. At least that is a big part of it, in my opinion.

But back to the issue at hand...It is difficult, in my opinion, to find a fitting punishment for the teacher. I wonder what will become of this? Nice post.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

line 2
no i am not black.
edit on 17-5-2011 by gloomyblue707 because: because im not black

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerekJR321
When a student tells a teacher something in confidence, that teacher shouldn't run around and share it with people. Especially when she knew it would provoke a reaction. Wouldn't that be technically considered "inciting a riot"?

If blacks get so offended by the word "'n-word'" or "nigga" then why do they use it themselves? Do I think people of any other race should say it? It doesn't matter what I think, because to each his own. Do I think its ok to beat someone down for saying a word? Of course not.

If a black kid called a white kid a "cracker" or "honkey" would that give the white kids a right to beat the black kid down? No. So why do some of you on here consider this ok? I've read comments like "he got what he deserved" and the likes. People in this country have a right to free speech and freedom of expression. If you want to say the word than say it. We have this stigma in this country that a) only blacks can say it, and b) any other race deserves a beat down if THEY say it. That's wrong.

The only way this word will ever leave the English language is if people STOP saying it. I don't hear white people all day saying it. I can listen to one rap song and hear it said 1000 times. I can watch any black comic and hear it said 1000 times. You want the word to go away? You want white people to stop using it? THEN STOP USING IT YOURSELVES.

The word originated as a term used in a neutral context to refer to black people, as a variation of the Spanish/Portuguese noun negro, a descendant of the Latin adjective niger, meaning the color "black"

So, if this is the case as stated above. White people should be EXTREMELY offended by being called "whitey" no?

This teacher should get the maximum punishment allowed. As for the kids involved in the fight? Kids fight in school. It happens. I don't think they should be arrested. Suspended for a few days? Sure. But like I said, kids fight. The teacher should be fired for instigating the fight.

How is this "white kid" ever going to go back to that school now that this has happened?

*edit to note: Interesting that this forum actually censors the word and filters it to say "n-word". But yet it doesn't when I type cracker, honkey or whitey. Should I be offended???

edit on 17-5-2011 by DerekJR321 because: observation

Lets check the "Censors".....cracker 2 sounds white 'n-word' whitey honkey nigga honky cracka wigger black racist redneck racism white trash caucasian hacker crack bitch negro wigga white people hillbilly white person white boy hick peckerwood mexican crackers race ass gangsta ghetto porch monkey wannabe coon spic beaner jew chink honkie rap gay nerd gringo loser african american kkk food whiteboy stupid #

You were right...kinda sad
edit on 17-5-2011 by Compass99 because: ETA

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I'm black and pretty much don't care if you're black/white or green. Just leave me alone. Poor white kid, got to suffer for some racist sh!t. We need to let it go and move on, people at GLP were claiming the NWO pushed along interracial marriage to destroy racial identity. If we let the race card go, we'll get somewhere in life.
edit on 17-5-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Give me a break. She was punished. Can we please stop with the "oppressed white man" BS now? Let's look at the numbers about how "oppressed" the white man is:

Predominately wealthy, white school districts get more funding by a 2-1 margin.
White unemployment is at 7%, while minority unemployment is at almost 15%.
African-Americans make up around 30% of this country's population, yet they represent around 60% of the prison population.
92% of the Senate and House of Representatives is made up of white males, yet they represent less than 45% of the country's population.
43 out of 44 American presidents have been white males.
On average, white males make 30% more than any other ethnic or gender group in this country.

What the teacher did was of course, wrong. But to suggest that somehow there's some type of massive white oppression going on in this country is preposterous and borderline insane. Get real, folks. Quit listening to Rush and Hannity, quit watching Fox News, and join the real world.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by leejohnbarnes

If this word causes so many problems, maybe it shouldn't be used at all.
Freedom of speech is great, causing a problem with people by using free speech
is not needed.
If a person wants to be respected they need to show others they respect them too.
He probably used the word because the teacher finds it acceptable as children learn from
their interaction with others.
Wouldn't it be great if people could just get along.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

I think you may wish to look into the psychology of racism.
Beating people up does not fix it.

I don't know how you did things over there in America, but Blacks and Minorities got the rights that were inherently theirs through being present, never backing down, and most of all, the ones that actually changed anything got beat up, thrown in jail, ect countless times.. And they didn't fight back.

Beating people up? That reinforces hatred.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by grizzle2

And you sir are the bravest behind your computer, I think you let your true colors out a bit to early! Who runs in packs? Can I call you a racist or a dumba**? When you figure out that my avatar is a comedian, and that my skin color is the same as yours feel free to inbox me your answer.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by leejohnbarnes

Next time you want to quote me be sure to read the post first. In the mean time please show me where I said it was ok to beat a kid. I said any violence is bad, but if you want to say something bad you have to be prepared for the outcome. Heres an experiment you can try at and come back and give me your results.

Go anywhere and call anyone you dont know, any foul name you can think of and see what happens. Of course you wont because you already know what those results will be. Like I said but you must have missed it, you learn from an early age you cant go around just saying anything to anybody. So yes its sad he was abused, but maybe next time if you have nothing nice to say dont say anything at all.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join