It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satellite Detects an Ancient 12,000-Year-Old Structure Under Antarctica Ice

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
If this story is true, which it doesn't seem so. It looks like someone found the secret Nazi bases. I have not noticed anybody mention this. The ancient crap sounds like a cover story for something terrestrial.

Think outside the box ATS. It is all an illusion folks. The MSM rope-a-dope.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
It's a Stargate

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
LOL, EU Times?
Are you serious? It's not related to the EU whatsoever. The domain is registered in .ca and anonymous and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't use wordpress for their site

So much for a source.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
speaking of 12,000yrs old

www.smithsonianmag.com...

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Hmmm?Couldn't we see it on Google Earth? Anyone have coordinates?Textreply to post by Alpal

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Well it's not impossible that something could be down there. Maybe an undiscovered civilization. I don't want to fully dip into the extraterrestrial realm but it's not beyond possibility.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Thats awesome, I always thought something weird about antarctica because no one really owns it, we dont think anything of it since its all ice, and cold as hell.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
As awesome as it would be, sans the cover-up and all that corrupt junk our government likes to get involved in, this isn't enough for me to bite.

I believe something could be there, but the story of the missing camera crew and all that just sounds like a massive AvP hype up.

But what do I know.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I'm thinking this is sounding a lot like Stargate SG-1 when they find the million year old ancient!

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

This sounds like something from stargate atlantis. In the show the ancient city of atlantis used to be in antartica. when the ancients left earth in atlantis they left behind an ancient wepons platform under the ice of antartica as well as a second stargate.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

hrmm did you happen to read the comments below the article? seems not...
the comments below say that this was directly linked (word for word) to a publicity stunt for a book 'atlantis rising' in 2005.
well the idea made for a great x-files movie anyway....

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Yeah, my thoughts exactly but then I remembered something about the Nazis building a base or somethg so I did quick searchs and came up with this. Dunno if it helps but it's interesting.

www.theregister.co.uk...
www.beyondweird.com...
www.crystalinks.com...
www.unexplained-mysteries.com...
edit on 17-5-2011 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

This story is very similiar to one already posted.

As far as the "images" show, that could be anything from a blob of space snot to a giant throw pillow.

As interesting as the NeuSchwabenland "stories" are, I am not completely sold on those either

(would be cool though)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

The articles source the European Union times is nothing more than a far-right leaning blog written by an American about primarily American issues. I would sooner trust the Onion as a reliable source for news - at least the onion is up front about what it is.

Second, the EUT article is quoting from a before its news article:

Deadly time vortex appears over antarctica

The more this website allows this kind of nonsense posting, the less credibility it maintains. This should have been moved to hoax within 5 minutes.

What's the source for the Beforeitsnews.com article? That's right. No Source.
edit on 17-5-2011 by andrewh7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by HispanicPanic
prove it. have been alive for millions of years or just believe everything that is told to you/via read?

didnt think so. im not saying either that there is something down there...just dont be certain to jump to conclusions.
They did prove it, and you just proved that you don't know enough about ice cores to realize that's what they did.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Wasn't this article already posted here before. I think the source was Before It Was News and the article was discredited right away because of the source.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I havent seen any links proving the question is valid and based in fact?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
This story is old it has already been posted here on ATS. When they were digging down there they said they a gas formed and they didn't think it was anything important, the next day when it did not disappear, they were shocked. They put in a time weather balloon in there and it came back to January 27, 1965 i believe it was. It is somewhere on this forum.
edit on 17-5-2011 by QuickWick because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
The OP link says that the story is from EU Times. The European Times is itself a disseminator of stories from elsewhere. There is no back-up to determine "a roving spy satellite" in this "military clampdown" which the military have not been so good at in some arenas...see Wikileaks, so no whistleblowers so far. Interestingly enough though, EU Times has it seems, put out stories amongst others with ethic bias' in them and could be considered extreme right-wingers. More info needed for this particular thread. Just to add both poles are understood to have been ice-bound in the millions of years
edit on 17-5-2011 by smurfy because: Add text.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
There are two great American secrets. One is the recipie of Kentucky Fried Chicken and the other is the Coke formula, The only reason these remain secret is that they are in the hands of corporations. There is not one ATS conspiricy written that has ever been proven. Aleins, NWO. Pole Shifts, HAARP,Tesla, and water powered cars are all fantasy, To imagine that the world community of Scientist could hide an Antartic Civilisation, a Power source under Giza, Yetti, Pole Shifts, hidden Planets of doom or lost time travelers is a joke. We live in a world where any NFL Player, Egyptian Protester, or Bieber fanitic can broadcast to the world at the push of a button on an I-Phone.

Life is about making your little universe worth while in the time you are here. No Cell, WiFi or Tweet and you are in 1990. Take away cable and move to FM and three TV Networks Channels and its 1970. Go strictly radio on a.m. with access to three stations and we have 1934. No radio and access to two daily papers, it is 1910. Word of mouth and a newspaper once a month and it is 1870. The world is only as big as your access to it.

Too much friggin information... 99-9% is B.S. Go do some living guys...

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join