It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Drug Four Times As Lethal As Crack Terrifies Brazil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
riotimesonline.com...

RIO DE JANEIRO, BRAZIL – It looks like crack, but it is much cheaper, four times more lethal and called “oxi” or “oxidado” (rust). It’s a coc aine derivative, just like crack, but it contains kerosene or gasoline, acetone, battery fluid and other chemicals.

Oxi is known as ‘the drug of death’ because it’s extremely harmful to the body and addictive right after the first try.

Users take on a yellowish skin color, lose weight very quickly and develop liver problems. They start to look like emaciated living corpses in just a few weeks time. The drug causes stomach aches, vomiting and constant diarrhea, but perhaps the most alarming fact is that most users die within a year.

Yellow skin color, rapid weight loss, liver problems, stomach aches, vomiting, constanst diarrhea......and death within a year.....

I first heard about this after al-jazeera ran an interview earlier today about this death drug. blogs.aljazeera.net...

From what I can tell, this drug is relatively new, just being discovered in 2004. I searched the web and found only a few blogs and the site below. From what it looks like (atleast from what Ive been able to find on the web), this drug has been ignored by the public health institutions.

www.narconews.com...

The article talks about a local harm reduction group that went out and researched the effects of this new death drug. This was done in 2005. Some of the most alarming discoveries below...

To get more of the drug and more fissura, it is common for the users to resort to petty theft or prostitution, which makes them more vulnerable to AIDS and other sexually transmitted diseases. The lack of attention from public health authorities has led to little knowledge of safe sex among the population, making the problem worse. “In this investigation we found that both the beginning of drug use and the beginning of sexual activity begin between the ages of 9 and 14, a figure that alarmed us,” says Álvaro Mendes.

Jesus, is it just me or is that a little bit insanse?

Heres what the team saw when this drug was used infront of them

After more than five years in harm reduction work, Mendes says that he was never so shaken as when he witnessed oxi consumption. “When the user had finished smoking the rock, swallowing the smoke in his mouth, he fell down vomiting and defecating, and had his high in the middle of his vomit and feces, until he got up to smoke another.” Another alarming fact, this time in numeric terms: around 30 percent of those the team interviewed died within one year – the great majority from the effects of the drug, although some had also died participating in robberies or smuggling.

I serisouly thought Ive heard it all when I learned about heroin,crack, and meth addicts. This stuff blows all the other ones away.

To make the problem worse, the health workers in the area dont even want to help the addicts.

Álvaro says that many health workers will not even go near the users. “In program I ran, trying to bring health workers to the users, it was all very clear: I stood in the middle of the street, with the users on one side and the health workers on the other.” Álvaro says that in these cities in the country’s interior, users are often “marked,” sometimes by the health workers themselves, for “spreading the problem around the city.”

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Jeez that's a stong drug!

Hope it doesn’t come into the UK or other places, could get very nasty and dangerous.

Why do people do this !?!?! Makes no sence.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Users take on a yellowish skin color, lose weight very quickly and develop liver problems. They start to look like emaciated living corpses in just a few weeks time. The drug causes stomach aches, vomiting and constant diarrhea, but perhaps the most alarming fact is that most users die within a year.

some of these sound like symptoms of another drug we all use..

the highly addictive drug called ATS..

oh and verbal diarrhea that is..

edit on 17/5/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Oh hell, this stuff sounds terrible.

Throwing up and crapping yourself? Can these people really not get any better drug than this? How/why do these people continue to use this? That's why I never became an alcoholic, I can't stand feeling like crap later that night and the next day. I take things to make myself feel good, not like crap ya know? Just doesn't make any sense.

I guess when the "cool kids" are throwing up and crapping themselves everyone else wants to. Do they not have spray paint there? Never tried it myself, but I would imagine even THAT would be more safe than this stuff.

Yuck.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Alpal

Why do people do this !?!?! Makes no sence.

I believe this is because the public in the areas affected by this drug have not been educated about this, and the drug is relatively new. From the 2005 article, it says the drug has affected mostly poor communities. Now that the drug has become more widespread to other communities, I would think the public in Brazil has been told how dangerous this new drug is. Time will tell.
edit on 17-5-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Im here for the free 5 o'clock oxi giveaway, am I late?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

But my question is, how much education do you really need about a drug, when you see people throwing up and crapping themselves after using it? Doesn't take a genius.

I hope people don't start confusing this with "oxy" as in Oxycodone.

edit on 17-5-2011 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Population control at work

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by James1982

But my question is, how much education do you really need about a drug, when you see people throwing up and crapping themselves after using it? Doesn't take a genius

I have no idea. The only other thing I can think of is how cheap this stuff is.

From the al-jazeera article-

But above all, it is very cheap. One rock can get you four inhales and it’s only five reais (about $3). Compare that to coc aine, which is about 100 reais a dose (about $61).

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
in n.america crack is associated with the ghetto, poverty and low class. so you can imagine regular crack in brazil is like a status drug compared to this.

just like powdered blow is considered upper class and used in higher social circles.

so if the only thing the disenfranchised in brazil can afford is this left over garbage from the coc aine refining process, something crackheads wouldn't even do, you can imagine how destructive this thing is.

i don't think it will take off here in n.america. but drug dealers would love to sell it. they won't have to buy the more expensive coc aine of purer quality, they can just sell this impure garbage.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Good point. What I would worry about though, is dealers selling this stuff as crack.

While crack is obviously very addicting and damaging, they know what they are getting into buying that stuff. If some dealer sells them this stuff and tells them it's crack, then bam they have a repeat customer for a (probably) more profitable drug.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
i first heard of this about 4 years ago.

from what i understand it is not a "new drug" but more of a drug byproduct left over from the production of coc aine.

its basically the leftover solvents, but still has some alkaloid content leftover from the extraction. users buy it because its really cheap and they could not otherwise afford the real thing.

for years it was just thrown away.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
A friend of mine has an amblance service that serves the hood in and has what he calls the 10-12 & 2 runs. Picking up the dead druggies at 10 AM 12 noon and 2 PM when others in the house realize they are dead. Were a town of 10000 and 15 people OD a week and it doesn't make the paper

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

Of course it will be in the US, pronto. At least, contrary to some crackheads, the addicts will be easily overcome in fights / robberies.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I can just imagine the pushers line: hey man, wanna # your pants?

It sounds sooooo cool. Everbody will be doing it.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
What the chuff has the world come to when this is considered worth doing for the high? I know people with no money will go for it but seriously, with the byproduct of using it being evacuations from both ends, I know that if my life was ever bad enough that I had to resort to this stuff to get through it, once seeing my friends try it, i would pass.

Seriously, this is just madness gone to a new level. The high comes when you are in evacuation mode........gives me shudders

new topics

top topics

join