It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charge of the Light Brigade

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Hello. My friend, Sam Stock, was a radio dj for about 15 years before his untimely death.
He was the most learned person I ever knew regarding music.
He knew more country western than most could shake a stick at -anyone familiar with WHKR the HITKICKER in Bravard county FL?
Yet Sam also represented the modern music scene well...his college late night show in Indiana got him a small following and his major network in Denver, I think it was 104.3 FOX (I was in NY and my little bro gave me Sam updates) got him a good local following.
In 2003 Sam had a "best road rage" competition (not his best, admittedly) where the winner of the best stunt won a snow board...a semi-parked in the middle of Arapahoe and University and blocked traffic for an hour...subsequently Sam was fired and we discussed possible legal strategies...getting thirteen of his best friends to wear suits with alien masks and a high profile attny (my bro) posing for the Denver Post...awesome...
Sam was the guy at a heavy metal gig at Red Rocks in '99 when after Tesla played, Sam was introducing the next band, i think Slayer, and Sam just couldn't stop saying how bad Tesla was and that if any other band sucked as bad, he would personally pull the plug, and as he was saying it, a thousand plastic beer bottles smashed him on the face. He ran back with the Tesla guy screaming at him...the Slayer dudes all appreciated what he did and let him party all night with them...Sam...
the guy who told me to listen to this when we were in fourth grade...I didn't like it then...I was more into 80's cars and devo...I look at this now and I feel sadness that Sam is no longer here, and that he knew he represented a lost cause...I am wondering if I should show my 9 year old this...sacrifice like this is no loger real...these men KNEW they would die...I guess, just like my ill fated buddy Sam would do too..his WAS the charge of the light brigade...listen to the song (the trooper) like ten times in a row... maybe someone will understand...SAM STOCK...I want to say I wish Sam was here making me laugh right now...some are fated for death.

CJ
edit on 17-5-2011 by ColoradoJens because: I miss Sam

edit on 17-5-2011 by ColoradoJens because: cause sammy should be here

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

I came home from a class last night at 11:00; brain was working overtime...this is clearly not in the right forum. I simply couldn't believe the irony in the video and my buddies life. I DO think that we need to educate our children on the horrors of war. I am struggling with admiration for the calvary and wondering if they were just nuts.

CJ

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Sorry about your friend.

To be honest I'm a bit confused by the title and video.

As far as I am aware the cavalry didn't realise they were charging headlong into the Russian guns or they at least thought the Russians in that section had been routed.

Turns out they were wrong.....

Cannons to the left of them.....

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09

Sorry about your friend.

To be honest I'm a bit confused by the title and video.

As far as I am aware the cavalry didn't realise they were charging headlong into the Russian guns or they at least thought the Russians in that section had been routed.

Turns out they were wrong.....

Cannons to the left of them.....

Thanks for the condolences Kram09; agreed it is confusing - hope you read my second post -
I think the deal is that there were multiple confusing messages, yet in Rudyard Kipling's poem he does mention they raced ahead "knowing the officers err'd" or something like that. They knew they f*** up right away - their achievements meant nothing in the end. My thoughts were my friend Sam was like the men in the charge - noble yet flawed...thanks for the thoughts

also wanted to reiterate: wrong forum

CJ
edit on 19-5-2011 by ColoradoJens because: also wanted to reiterate wrong forum

top topics

join