Planet outside solar system is habitable

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Today we talked about the space shuttle program ending, Id say that governments are working on a not so clunky way to travel in space, possibly considering particle science, to get to planets like this one.

Tunnelling not Speed travelling.
Travelling the speed of light produces a conundrum, what they would more like do with the pairing of the higgs is create a group. From this pairing of these particles it may create a gap that allows dimension or time travel. A gap in the fabric of things, We tunnel, not go to FTL., using the light travelling through glass analogy we may overcome the speed of light conundrum.

Tunnelling through gaps to other points - Quantum states that we can tunnel because energy can go between energy barriers. In order to 'tunnel' we need to get the electrons to travel.

Based on quantum laws the same energy has to interact with the same energy
Ill give you a glass analogy: As light can pass through glass because there is energy "gaps" we can pass ourselves through a energy gap.

In order to travel through "gaps" do we need to split the energy levels, the sun emits energy from zero to infinity.

A gap in the energy spectrum means you can pass through without interactions
We don't want to change the nature of our makeup we are not travelling time, so its not like Star trek where you are beamed, we stay intact.
We would be travelling 'gaps'.
Gaps theoretically can be created by the higgs boson pairing. By forming a pair you create a group. Forming a gap is super conductivity because the gap is formed by going against electric current. Electrons repel negatively.There is a particular interaction that makes them attract: Frolich, and we need to find a way to create an attractive interaction so they form pairs.

Creating the energy gap.
We need to find what conditions allow the Frolich interaction created by phonons (phonons are the elementary oscillations of atoms)
In a crystal if one atom emits a phonon the next atom can pick it up so these phonons mediate the frolich interaction.
By traveling through the gap we can go anywhere, we don't time travel. Time is likely a fixed landscape, but theoretically based on this physicality can dimension or universe 'hop' though the 'gaps'.

We exist in the 3rd dimension and are governed by its' laws of freedom

Every particle rotates, if the spin is lf integer, those particle we call fermions.
if they are 1, 2, 3 they are bozons. We don't want to lose our original 3, rather we want to gain degrees of freedom.
edit on 17-5-2011 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Who pays these guys to come up with this nonsence ?

I'd love a job like that.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   

gravity is twice that of Earth, doubling the weight of anyone standing on the surface

if there intelligent life on this planet,can you imagine how strong they must be,and if they ever came to earth,they be bouncing round like a grasshopper...

or walking on that planet,would be like carrying your fat friend around on your back..lol

but i guess,if we ever get there in the future,were have exo suits,like the one in avatar.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Thats a mouthful but a good post.

I personally believe FTL travel is possible. I'm not sure how we will achieve it via Lasers firing on a point in space ripping a worm hole, Some Weird thing to do with Quantum Physics or Harnessing the Power of the Sun to Create a tunnel in space time.

I'm sure eventually humanity may travel the stars; hopefully...

So what your describing basically is some way of using the higgs boson and Quantum Physics to transverse the dimension of space (Physical Space) and go to other places very fast like a Slip-Stream of sorts.

I do not believe time travel is possible IMO but what your describing isn't time travel in a sense, Right?
Its just Travelling throughout space incredibly Fast; FTL(Faster-Than-Light)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jax27
Imagine if the US forgot about trillion dollar wars and put up a trillion dollar space telescope at a moon base instead. Humans, so much potential but never lift a finger to it.

It would also be good if 'cash' wasn't the most single factor in everyday life and we could just all stop working the everyday life and started building a spaceship!! With everyone concentrating on this spaceship or a few spaceships.... a few left to get food sorted and this would be good.... forget about bills, costs of living and just work on the ships..... in return for food and shelter!!! Isn't this what supposedly went on with the 'Pyramids' building? Except this time it won't be 'slavery' .... and it would be for a good purpose!!
edit on 17-5-2011 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)
edit on 17-5-2011 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Good point that would be cool. Humanity working together instead of against each other( Individual Competitiveness) We could work together as one under one purpose.

But maybe we should focus on researching more different methods, on how to travel to the stars and planets light years away first.

I really like your idea of humanity working together as a race to accomplish something great and explore the vast universe together...
edit on 17-5-2011 by XRaDiiX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by CobraCommander

I see my identity has been stolen.

Regardless they need to monitor the planet for various types of radiation to see if there are anomalies that point to civilization.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
all we have to do is strip time from space.

separate the dimensions.

isn't it a wonder that the universe is so big, almost insurmountable?

like staying alive with some serious preds around and then turning thoes tables, traveling around the world, nuke power, space?

eventually nothing will be difficult.

we better get on with the program tho.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Here is the story on the BBC news website

A red dwarf star 20 light-years away is again providing hints that it hosts the first definitively habitable planet outside our Solar System.

The planet Gliese 581d is at the colder outer edge of the "Goldilocks zone" in which liquid water can be sustained.

Now a study in Astrophysical Journal Letters suggests its atmosphere may keep things warm enough for water.

Link - www.bbc.co.uk...

Interesting times!

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Gregandgemma

One of the most awesome parts about this is the Red Dwarf aspect.

Most of the easily detected stars we can see in the sky are too bright to really support life, but these red dwarfs ,which are dim and not easily detectable, are thought to be more numerous than the bright stars in the skies. Its estimated that 90% of all the stars in the galaxy are red dwarfs.

Thats a whole lot of life.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jax27
Humans, so much potential but never lift a finger to it.

Humans, so much potential but "leaders" never lift a finger to support it.

Yeah, priorities are chosen for us.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Yes i think its around 80-90% of the stars are red dwarfs.

I have a fews threads about the durability of life. In one of them researchers discovered bacteria could survive and breed in 400,000 G's (G = Gravity of Earth)

So i'm gonna think this is good evidence for the ubiquitous life theory. I personally think that life might be all over the place. We'll just have to wait and see..

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
It is a pity that this planet would take 300 000 years to get too.

we need to throw a few seeds that way, maybe crash a seed rocket into it, as well as some limestone.

Limestone sucks up Carbon, I think. Always made me think, Why did they put limestone on that Pyramid?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Well they are building this beauty maybe we'll get some images of planets in nearby star systems it might only be a few pixels worth. But its better than nothing....

Square Kilometre Array

And this ones been delayed i think hopefully they get funding for it....

New Worlds Mission
edit on 17-5-2011 by XRaDiiX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Same story different day.

I don't see why i even care anymore, none of the worlds governments will do # about it. We will continue fighting on our little rock over fossil fuels until our planet destroys us, instead of doing the logical thing and migrating to a much safer area in space... Its sad that we really haven't made any great space exploration since the 70s.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
This is also a bit off but, do you think that if you lived by the light of a red dwarf star, your eyes would be big and black, like as they you see in infra red all the time, just like those pesky little Aliens greys?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin
Who pays these guys to come up with this nonsence ?

I'd love a job like that.

Nonsense based upon what exactly? Paranoia? An aversion to science? I get the feeling that people such as yourself will never be happy with anything, and look for the negative in everything. Unless it's Buck Rogers, you're not buying right!

IRM

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Slipdoggety

They would be used to seeing low light conditions with high infrared light from their red sun. I imagine they would see us in a thermographic manner like the title alien from the Predator films.

On earth a number of snakes use infrared to see.

Its not impossible that an ELF (Extraterrestrial Lifeform) could have large black eyes to pick low visible light and use thermoreceptors to pick up infrared.

Physically though, "Greys" if they are real, appear too frail and thin to be from a planet with high gravity. I would expect something thick with muscle tissue and a strong skeleton, a powerfully built creature that if on earth would be amazingly strong.

Earth mythology is full of stories about stout powerfully built dwarves from a dark world. There is even one from Jewish myth, dealing with the "seven earths" where the dwarves come from a world with a red sun. The same world is mentioned in Islamic lore as being so far away from earth that it would take hundreds if not thousands of years to reach it.

To add the world's name is Neshiah. Accoring to lore it is fifth furthest from earth. In Islamic lore each world is around cumulatively 500 years of travel away, so the fifth would take 2500 years to get to. It never mentions the speed though. True or not, they are some pretty amazing myths that are over 1000 years old

Correction, I had the world list backwards: Neshiah is 5th coming from the furthest or most distant, Erez. This would place it as the second closest to earth, right after Ziah the closest. So 1000 years and not 2500 years.
edit on 17/5/11 by MikeboydUS because: correction

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Yours my friend is possibly the best reply I have ever seen upon ATS, and I thank you for a truly informative post and your brilliant perception.

I never thought of the gravity and its being doubled, even though I read it. I think you are right they could not possibly be from a planet with double gravity. Although if they are that would explain their apparent or reported ability to jump aound and move with ease on Earth. Maybe the gravity here is like us being on the moon to them.

Inever knew of the Dwarfs coming from the stars, thanks for that something new to research.
edit on 17-5-2011 by Slipdoggety because: needed to say more

new topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join