It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police declare freedom a threat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   

A recent brief on PoliceOne.com, a website for law-enforcement personnel to share information, declares "sovereign citizens threat to cops." What a shame that the police are so far around the bend, that they don't even realize the oath they took to uphold the Constitution was an oath to defend these principals, not to declare the adherents a threat. This is the true face of the police-state today, and a clear example of the perverted justice they uphold.

Government corruption, economic ruin and wanton violence against the people by a paramilitary police-state apparatus, has never been more prevalent or obvious. Yet in propaganda pieces like the segment from 60 Minutes that I will share here, the powers-that-be resort to flawed logic and rhetoric in order to make their case that freedom is bad, and that people who adhere to the founding principals of this nation are a threat to the nation. Yet they will show no proof that the claims of a sovereign are either incorrect or illegal. I'll let you go ahead and watch the clip first, then we'll talk more about it...

This origin al article is chock full of supporting material with inlne links. Read the full article here...

stationsixunderground.blogspot.com...ttp://stationsixunderground.blogspot.com/2011/05/fre edom-threat-to-police.html

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by CobraCommander

Starting to sound more and more like a facist nazi state of affairs.

Once our freedom is limited in this way, it is moving towards a big problem, wich might inevatibly lead to conflict.

Not good.

VVv

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Agreed indeed. I do not endorse violence. But somewhere alone the line, a match was lit, that made us the nation we are in the first place. Will we go silently into the night, and return to subject status?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I would have to say the police state is being ushered in stronger than ever. Soon citizens will most likely have no rights or protection from the government. Which definitely makes me sad face.

And there was already a thread created on this, but I'm not sure if the article you gave a link for can be found there or not.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
The 60 Minutes video is the subject, but the commentary is explosive and chock full of inline links for suporting info.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
The day that I will trust any Police force and or Government system, is the day that they allow independent public auditors to audit what mischief they get up to, until then I feel that they are fundamentally the enemy and very corrupt. It would be nice to see a system where and if a custodian of the law was caught being corrupt, that they received a doubling of the punishment that a civilian would get under a court of law, now wouldn't that clean the corruption up a bit. But we all know that will never happen. So instead they treat society as the enemy to suit their own agendas for good and bad and the sheeple feel safe.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Pretty soon it will be like mexico... US cop pulls you over, you ask "what's the problem officer?" and they'll reply, "it depends how much money you have on you. For $300 cash there will be no problem at all."

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   

The problem is that most people don't know the Police officers in the area they live in. So after a stretch of time from a cop's perspective your just another blurred face, and from the citizens perspective they are just another blurry badge.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   

They are a threat to officers in some ways. There was a thread on here not long ago about a "soveriegn citizen" that killed two officers during a traffic stop. The same guy and his kid also wounded two deputies.

There was a plot by soveriegn citizens to kidnap and kill Alaskan State Troopers. Schaeffer Cox was the ring leader and not long before his arrest stated in open court that the militia members "outmanmed, outgunned and we could probably have you all dead in one night."

Terry Nichols considerred himself a "soveriegn citizen."

The Posse Comitatus group that formed the base of the "soveriegn citizen" movement advocated hanging sheriffs they felt did not adequately protect the local citizens from the state and federal government. In 1983 member Gordon Kahl shot and killed cops that tried to arrest him for violating his probation.

In 1993 Linda Lyon Block and George Sibley killed an Alabama police officer.

In 1993 Emilio Ippolito was arrested for sending letters threatening to kidnap judges and jurors.

The soveriegn citizen movement has had more than a few followers take it to extremes. There was even a group that kidnapped two people as retaliation for one of their members being arrested. This lead to a long stand off with police.

Is it really any wonder cops look at this group with suspicion and trepidation?
edit on 17-5-2011 by MikeNice81 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
First off I watched the Video, and I must say that some of it was really informative to say the least. The Problem that remains untouched here goes far beond what is being covered in this video, that is very bias and one sided.

As I see it in an overview THERE ARE NO CHECKS AND BALANCES!!!! When they (the Cops) can ban together to fabricate what ever storie they want and put us in check... Who gets to put them in check... NO ONE!!!! and it's down right disgusting
The level of frustration I see with all this makes me sick, but then I tell myself one day it's all gonna change, and sure isn't gonna be pretty either by any means. Cause when TSHTF I really won't give an F who you are, and go ahead and try n STOP me... I F'N DARE YOU!

Sorry, it's been really hard seeing everything I've seen, which usuaully goes with a GOLD BADGE and I'm GOD mentality, do as I say or else BS. ALL I WANT IN THIS WORLD IS RIGHTOUSNESS FOR ALL!!!! And one day it will happen, one way or another... you just wait n see...

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by marsend

Did you know that many cities have actually instituted civilian oversight panels. Local citizens actually investigate claims of misconduct and issue their recomendation for action. The way the panels are chosen differs from local to local. However, they are considerred independent and in some cases members can not be kicked off untill their predetermined tenure is up.
edit on 17-5-2011 by MikeNice81 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by korathin

That may or may not be true. Growing up there was one notorious Deputy that used to harass us all the time. And I mean to the point of actually committing crimes against us. He wound up shooting one friend in the face. That friend lived. Then a few years after that he executed a man in his pickup truck sitting by the side of the road after getting into a fight with his wife. Cold blooded murder.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeNice81

If only they viewed all citizens with such respect.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by drustyle

In this day and age, with the technology we have, there is no reason why every officer should not have a small camera attached to their uniform to record every single encounter with a citizen.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeNice81

There needs to be more of that.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by CobraCommander
reply to post by drustyle

In this day and age, with the technology we have, there is no reason why every officer should not have a small camera attached to their uniform to record every single encounter with a citizen.

All the cameras in the world will make no difference if the police have access to them; if such a thing were to be done, the most important factor is where the data is being recorded to and stored, and who has access to it.

Really, all citizens should have a camera on them at all times; any police officer that objects to being filmed at any time can find themselves another job.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
The police force of all countries are being controlled by the power mad and corrupt politicians who force many of the good hearted and decent members of the police force into committing wrongful actions against ordinary citizens.
It is time that those who want to stand up against wrong doings by those in the seat of power to join the World Police Force.The combined power of the people in supporting the World Police Force can deal effectively against those corrupt power mad criminals in positions of power.We shall end their universal existence when the time is in the right vibration as they are falling into the judgement cycle.Due to their sick mentality they think that there is no power that can deal with them permanently.Those who know and understand how the universal science of the universe works can use it to remove unworthy entities.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

Which brings up another whole issue. The fact that it is ILLEGAL to film police in many places, and even in places where it is legal, heh, good luck with that. I've had more than one camera smashed over the years.

top topics

join