It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lake Champlain Monster Spotted

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   

A group of 5 vacationers to Lake Champlain claim they saw the legendary creature while they were doing some bass fishing. One of the witnesses says he was a skeptic, but is not anymore, and is certain that what he saw was no known creature.

Five vacationers from Maryland claim they've seen Champ, the mythical Lake Champlain monster.

Bob Gload and four of his grandchildren said they saw a dark, black, snakelike creature while bass fishing Wednesday afternoon. Gload said there was an "explosion" in the water, and then he saw three humps, two-to-three-feet tall, four-to-five feet apart.

"I was born in Champlain. I never believed in Champ or the Loch Ness monster," Gload told the Press-Republican of Plattsburgh. "I believe now."

NY Newsday

[edit on 8-2-2004 by William One Sac]

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Hey nice find! By the way is the picture below of the creature in the water the one that the fisherman spotted while out at sea? If so that's amazing! Is the Loch Ness monster related to that one you think?

[edit on 2-8-2004 by AlienGuy17]

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   
There are many reports that Champ, the Lake Champlain monster is a "plesiosaur like" creature. I added the pictures as visual aids!

By the way, welcome to Above Top Secret!

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Hey thanks man! Oh boy I made some major spell errors
Oh well next time I will not.. anyways do you think that if the Loch Ness monster existed that maybe the reason why it can't be spotted by many people that perhaps it's afraid of humans?

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 10:13 PM
link   
That could well be. After all, if it did or does exist, we really have no measure of how intelligent it would be. Dont worry about the spelling, thats why there is an edit button on your post.

I know the idea of lake monsters has been pretty well debunked, but the theory that they are deep ocean dwellers that migrate via underground streams to these deep lakes to breed or raise young is nonetheless intriguing. However, it is hard to get around the fact that there are no carcasses of these things washing up on the beaches.

Still though, the eye witness accounts are exciting.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Very interesting indeed
Maybe just maybe beneath the oceans there are caves that are filled with water..but eventually as you go higher into that water cave it soon gets dry as you go higher..an entire subterranean cave with this sea dinosaur.. possible you never know!

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 01:16 AM
link   
It was my understanding that scientists had ruled out the big plesiosaur. The "experets" were now almost convinced it looks like a snake with legs. I saw a special on discover and they had a model that would be a lot more convincing. As well as some stillframes/ movies that looked to be decent evidance of that type of animal.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
this is probly the most famous picture of champ. i think its a fake though, there just somthin about. it was takin in the 80's

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by GuitarPlayer324
this is probly the most famous picture of champ. i think its a fake though, there just somthin about. it was takin in the 80's

no i think that is real the realest evidence youll ever see until someone gets a dead one.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
ya ur right. thats all the evidence we have except the eyewitness reports. and ill believe a pciture before a witness any day

[edit on 8/7/2004 by GuitarPlayer324]

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
In 1985, I met a man in Vergennes, VT that had a video that he took with a Sony Betamax camera of a very large creature splashing water in Lake Champlain.

I knew the guy, and I do not believe the video was faked. I watched it at his house. It showed a black snake or eel- looking thing rolling out of the surface of the water. It was thrashing water up in the air, the action was quite violent looking.

I have seen him on TV over the years since on Natgeo and other channels talking about Champ. He investigates and studies reports of Champ now.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Hmm, the link seems to be broken?

only reason Im asking is because I live in Vermont and would like to go champ spotting, it would be nice to know where specifically on the lake the sighting occured-

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by shakeshakeshake

It's an 8 year old NY Newsday link which, in all probability was removed from their database long ago. I even input the title into their search and came up empty.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by machinegunjordan

Has that not been proven to be a picture of a swimming elephant?

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I Think Champ and Nessie are the same species. My opinion. Some sort of Dinosaur?

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
who has seen the recent video of champ?

www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

join