It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible Is A Forgery

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Forged by the hands of men prompted by the spirit of the creator God who wants something from his creation.

Totally forged.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I am a Christian. The only thing I can tell you is when you 'believe', something happens. It is a change, is it something that manifests in you. I know that is not proof, but what I am trying to tell you is the reason there is so many Christians, is because they really do experience something. And that my friend is where science and faith breaks down, which I understand. So, that is why every single person has to make an individual choice. Personally, understanding the complexity and interconnectedness of the Universe, I don't understand how people think this is all "random", but I also understand, I do not understand, what I do not understand. I pray for peace, enlightenment, wisdom and hope for all.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I can't believe the amount of ignorance the OP and at some of the people posting on this thread. I can see most of you never read the bible and truly understand the message the bible conveys, instead it's easier to hop on the bible is a fraud bandwagon. I'm still going through the information you provided ( if you want to call it that ) and I cannot find one piece of evidence backing the websites claims. It is apparent to me that Acharya is making claims on interpretation of historical events.

If you read the New World Translation you'll see that the bible is written by men and inspired by God. I dare you to find 1 thing that the bible contradicts itself.

Science has proven that the bible was written in a duration of thousands of years by several men. And these men never gave glory to themselves but to God himself. The entire bible iswritten in synchronize harmony.

There are many biblical scholars and translators much more credible than Bart D. Ehrman that say the complete opposite of the OP

Bottom line is.. the bible is like a guide book on how to live. Teaches you how to be at peace with your neighbor and how to love one another how to build morals and live a clean life. Why on earth would you want to take that from anyone?
edit on 18-5-2011 by samaka because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by samaka
I can't believe the amount of ignorance the OP and at some of the people posting on this thread. I can see most of you never read the bible and truly understand the message the bible conveys, instead it's easier to hop on the bible is a fraud bandwagon. I'm still going through the information you provided ( if you want to call it that ) and I cannot find one piece of evidence backing the websites claims. It is apparent to me that Acharya is making claims on interpretation of historical events.

If you read the New World Translation you'll see that the bible is written by men and inspired by God. I dare you to find 1 thing that the bible contradicts itself.

Science has proven that the bible was written in a duration of thousands of years by several men. And these men never gave glory to themselves but to God himself. The entire bible iswritten in synchronize harmony.

There are many biblical scholars and translators much more credible than Bart D. Ehrman that say the complete opposite of the OP

Bottom line is.. the bible is like a guide book on how to live. Teaches you how to be at peace with your neighbor and how to love one another how to build morals and live a clean life. Why on earth would you want to take that from anyone?

Its the basic standard story of life. You ever watched star wars, lord of the rings, these are modern stories of the basic yin yang story of life. The bible, Qur'an, and other ancient biblical writings are stories just the same that present the basics of life and choices. So if you read the bible and it is inspiring to you and helps you live your life that's fabulous but that doesn't mean its divine revelation from God.
edit on 18-5-2011 by shamaniski because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by leejohnbarnes

Funny, cause Christianity is pretty much responsible for the fall of a good majority of previously stable governments. Throughout history. Including Rome.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I'm getting a little tired of the attacks on Christianity. If the Bible is a forgery, then what does that make the Qur'an ? A book someone made up to justify conquering the world and abusing women and children?

If the OP and others want to attack religions then attack all.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Originally posted by Gibborium
I am sorry but I cannot let this pass without saying something. The four Gospels are, Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, not "and Paul."

Originally posted by dalan.

"I always found it interesting that Christ purportedly had 12 disciples, but only 4 of them decided to record Christ's existence. I am, of course, referring to the 4 main Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and Paul" . . .

Thanks for correcting my mistake, I always get them confused.

Anyway, my point was, its just odd to me that Christ's other disciples did not record their own Gospel's.

edit on 5/18/2011 by dalan. because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by spurge
I'm getting a little tired of the attacks on Christianity. If the Bible is a forgery, then what does that make the Qur'an ? A book someone made up to justify conquering the world and abusing women and children?

If the OP and others want to attack religions then attack all.

The Qur'an is full of just as much BS as the Bible.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Ok, I guess I will have to debate you.

1) Yahweh / Jehovah was the God of Israel.

www.answers.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

It means “I am that I am,” He does not change.

bible.cc...

2) He did not reject Jehovah. Actually if you read the bible, he prayed to his father constantly. We can all agree that the God of Israel gave them the ten commandments.

en.wikipedia.org...

And God spoke all these words, saying: “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.

1. You shall have no other gods before me.

2. You shall not make for yourself any carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.

3. You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.

4. Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your manservant, nor your maidservant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.

5. Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you.

6. You shall not murder.

7. You shall not commit adultery.

8. You shall not steal.

9. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.

10. You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor’s.”

In fact we have more laws that were handed to the Israelites the laws of Moses. Many describe fornication, adultery, and manslaughter. I think many people can accept these laws as common sense.
Hey it's the golden rule,

en.wikipedia.org...

Jesus preaches love.

www.biblegateway.com...
www.loveyourenemies.org...
www.dougbrittonbooks.com...

He did not contradict the ten commandments or say "Out with the Old, in with the new"

www.rationalchristianity.net...

His disciples even said that all scripture was inspired by God.

www.ultimatebiblereferencelibrary.com...

So we have Jesus here, says he is Gods son, ie Jehovah's son, cause the bible is a Hebrew text. Says he is not here to abolish any laws from the God of Israel, Jehovah. How are we supposed to believe that Jesus and Jehovah are against each other???

"vicarious atonement"???
What does vicarious mean?

Definition of VICARIOUS
a : serving instead of someone or something else b : that has been delegated
: performed or suffered by one person as a substitute for another or to the benefit or advantage of another : substitutionary
: experienced or realized through imaginative or sympathetic participation in the experience of another
: occurring in an unexpected or abnormal part of the body instead of the usual one

m-w.info...

Well, Christ was a sacrifice, he knew he was and chose it himself. He was one of the chief most princes.

bible.cc...

www.thinkbabynames.com...
en.wikipedia.org...
babynamesworld.parentsconnect.com...
wiki.answers.com...
www.babyhold.com...

Is Michael Jesus?

www.creation-science-prophecy.com...
www.remnantofgod.org...
www.neirr.org...

3) Got to agree with you on that point. Constantine really messed up Christ's message. He mixed paganism with Christianity, which created Catholicism.

en.wikipedia.org...

Not really a Pope he was an emperor

en.wikipedia.org...

So anyone who does not agree with me on this point should look up the origins of Easter, and Christmas

Well there is the thruth. If anyone has any biblical questions just U2u me. Ill be happy to answer any and all questions. Sorry OP your hypothesis does not sound valid. I really do hope you learn the truth.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by rreeves5

Ok, I guess I will have to debate you.

1) Yahweh / Jehovah was the God of Israel.

www.answers.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

It means “I am that I am,” He does not change.

bible.cc...

2) He did not reject Jehovah. Actually if you read the bible, he prayed to his father constantly. We can all agree that the God of Israel gave them the ten commandments.

en.wikipedia.org...

And God spoke all these words, saying: “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.

1. You shall have no other gods before me.

2. You shall not make for yourself any carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.

3. You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.

4. Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your manservant, nor your maidservant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.

5. Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you.

6. You shall not murder.

7. You shall not commit adultery.

8. You shall not steal.

9. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.

10. You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor’s.”

In fact we have more laws that were handed to the Israelites the laws of Moses. Many describe fornication, adultery, and manslaughter. I think many people can accept these laws as common sense.
Hey it's the golden rule,

en.wikipedia.org...

Jesus preaches love.

www.biblegateway.com...
www.loveyourenemies.org...
www.dougbrittonbooks.com...

He did not contradict the ten commandments or say "Out with the Old, in with the new"

www.rationalchristianity.net...

His disciples even said that all scripture was inspired by God.

www.ultimatebiblereferencelibrary.com...

So we have Jesus here, says he is Gods son, ie Jehovah's son, cause the bible is a Hebrew text. Says he is not here to abolish any laws from the God of Israel, Jehovah. How are we supposed to believe that Jesus and Jehovah are against each other???

"vicarious atonement"???
What does vicarious mean?

Definition of VICARIOUS
a : serving instead of someone or something else b : that has been delegated
: performed or suffered by one person as a substitute for another or to the benefit or advantage of another : substitutionary
: experienced or realized through imaginative or sympathetic participation in the experience of another
: occurring in an unexpected or abnormal part of the body instead of the usual one

m-w.info...

Well, Christ was a sacrifice, he knew he was and chose it himself. He was one of the chief most princes.

bible.cc...

www.thinkbabynames.com...
en.wikipedia.org...
babynamesworld.parentsconnect.com...
wiki.answers.com...
www.babyhold.com...

Is Michael Jesus?

www.creation-science-prophecy.com...
www.remnantofgod.org...
www.neirr.org...

3) Got to agree with you on that point. Constantine really messed up Christ's message. He mixed paganism with Christianity, which created Catholicism.

en.wikipedia.org...

Not really a Pope he was an emperor

en.wikipedia.org...

So anyone who does not agree with me on this point should look up the origins of Easter, and Christmas

Well there is the thruth. If anyone has any biblical questions just U2u me. Ill be happy to answer any and all questions. Sorry OP your hypothesis does not sound valid. I really do hope you learn the truth.

Can you explain how all the miraculous things happened in the bible like Moses splinting the red sea, noahs ark, basically every book has examples of miracles and unnatural occurrences. Can you explain the scientific aspect of them and not just a simple "god did it answer". You do believe the bible to be literal right? and today we cant even come close to doing any of these type of unnatural things depicted in the bible. Thats what I want to know.
edit on 18-5-2011 by shamaniski because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
just another cheap blasphemic attack on Christianity..just watch, people..

seems that the OP hasn´t ever heared of the Dead Sea Scrolls..

edit on 18-5-2011 by anti72 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
One can not help anybody, -so dont even try-, whos mind is twisted in such a simple fashion as to believe, the Bible is the actual word of GOD. Everybody with at least to sparking braincells that can be rubbed together, should grasp the fact that the old testament is the mythology, the cosmology, the chronology, the geneology, in short, the History book of the jewish tribes, written, rewritten and translated many many times by many many different people, and the new testament is what boils down to be a old mythology much much older then Jesus and christianity, rewritten for the time, when Judea was occupied by roman forces.

It is useless to call the Bible a "Forgery", for its not a forgery, it is what it is, what it became throughout the ages and as such it lies befor us as the original.
edit on 18-5-2011 by CarlitosAmsel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Morning folks - back to hit the ball.

1) Those that keep on repeating the falsehood that an earlier complete CHRISTIAN Bible exists other than the Codex are wrong.

2) The Codex was created on the order of Constantine after the Council of Nicea

3) Christ did not call himself the Jewish Messiah

4) The Old Testament has nothing to do with Christ

5) I use the word Christ instead of Yeshua as a way for modern people to know who I am talking about

6) Christ was born in the middle east - but it is not proven Christ was a Jew.

Christ was in fact a Scythian.

Christ was a Jew by adoption via his step father Josephs religion.

His mother was in fact of scythian ancestry

This is proven by two important facts ;

1) Nazareth was not solely a Jewish province - it was a part of the Roman Empire populated by pagan tribes.

Nazareth was part of the region of Herod close to ancient Scythopolis - an area settled by the indo-european Scythians who settled in the Nazareth region in the 7th century BC.

Jesus of Nazareth was not a Jew of Nazareth.

He knew his ancestry was non-Jewish on his mothers side.

www.newadvent.org...

This also explains much of the similarities in the Gnostic Texts and scythian religious teachings, especially the Sethian Gnostics and snake worship.

en.wikipedia.org...'an#Scythopolis

www.bible-history.com...

2) when mary was pregnant with Jesus she was not killed.

In orthodox Jewish tradition at the time of Jesus an unmarried pregnant Jewish woman was stoned to death.

She was not stoned to death.

Why ?

She was not an orthodox Jew.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Pregnant out of wedlock

Mary might have been barely into her teens at the time of her marriage A girl who became pregnant out of wedlock would have been terrified. The whole social structure was set up for children to be born within marriage. Genealogy and ownership of children was seen as very important. Girls who became pregnant outside marriage would probably have had to leave their homes and their families.

There was the potential of being sold into slavery or of being stoned to death. She may have been married off quickly or banished from her home and village, which may have led a women to prostitution or slavery when she had no way of supporting herself. According to the New Testament Joseph, after being visited by an angel, decided not to send her away or to expose her but to marry her.

Mary have been of mixed Jewish ancestry - but she was not a Jew as seen by her own Jewish community - for they would have stoned her to death or exiled her for becoming pregnant.

As we all know Orthodox Jews believe one is only a Jew via the mothers side - hence Jesus was not a Jew even if his step father was and he adopted the religion after his mother married Joseph and he was raised as a Jew

Mays so called lieage as a Jew is disputed - some say that her lineage as a Jew is actually based on Josephs lineage and not hers ;

en.wikipedia.org...(mother_of_Jesus)

The New Testament tells little of Mary's early history. The Gospel of Luke may suggest that Mary's father was Heli, the son of Matthat, though many argue that the genealogy of Jesus in Luke is of Joseph's family.[Lk 3:23]

Therefore we have no confirmation that Mary was Jewish.

Only that she married a Jew - Joseph.

In Matthew 1:18-25 (New International Version) it also states that Joseph wanted to divorce Mary and ' be faifthful to the law' - and this required her to be stoned to death in that time or exiled - not a simple 'divorce' ;

Joseph Accepts Jesus as His Son

18 This is how the birth of Jesus the Messiah came about[a]: His mother Mary was pledged to be married to Joseph, but before they came together, she was found to be pregnant through the Holy Spirit. 19 Because Joseph her husband was faithful to the law, and yet did not want to expose her to public disgrace, he had in mind to divorce her quietly.

www.biblegateway.com...

But Mary was not stoned to death - not because Joseph married her - but because she was not Jewish.

The fact that she could be exposed only to public disgrace, as opposed to stoning to death, shows us that she was not Jewish and nor did the communtiy regard her as Jewish - for if they had, they would have stoned her to death or exiled her.

That rule applied to all Jewish women, regardless of them getting married - the crime was to become pregnant out of marriage and Mary was guilty of that crime - therefore the fact she was not stoned to death and allowed to marry Jospeh meant she could not have been Jewish.

The angel Gabriel chose Mary SPECIFICALLY AS SHE WAS NOT JEWISH - for if he had chosen an orthodox Jewish woman and implanted within her the seed of Jesus - then under Jewish law that woman would have had to been stoned to death - so in order to ensure Jesus survived the angel had to choose a non-Jewish woman in a Jewish community who if she got pregnant unmarried would not be subject to stoning to death under Jewish law - hence the angel chose Mary.

This would also explain why the Nazareth Jewish community were so hostile to Jesus, including trying to kill him, as they knew he was not Jewish by blood via his mothers lineage - nor by his fathers - and was only nominally Jewish via his mother marrying Joseph.

This would also explains Jesus hostility to his mother - for she became as Jewish as Joseph and hence rejected his own christian teachings and non-Jewish ancestral heritage and had become part of the same community that had persecuted him all life for not being Jewish by blood.

3) This is confirmed by the fact that the Jews of Nazareth rejected Christ as a Jew and also his own brothers, the sons of Joseph a Jew, also rejected him.

This is because the people in Nazareth were a mixture of Jews and non-Jews by ancestry ;

en.wikipedia.org...

In the Gospel of John, Nathaniel asks, "Can anything good come out of Nazareth?"[1:46] The meaning of this cryptic question is debated. Some commentators and scholars suggest that it means Nazareth was very small and unimportant, but the question does not speak of Nazareth’s size but of its goodness. In fact, Nazareth was described negatively by the evangelists; the Gospel of Mark argues that Nazareth did not believe in Jesus and therefore he could "do no mighty work there";[Mk 6:5] in the Gospel of Luke, the Nazarenes are portrayed as attempting to kill Jesus by throwing him off a cliff;[Lk 4:29] in the Gospel of Thomas, and in all four canonical gospels, we read the famous saying that "a prophet is not without honor except in his own country."[39]

Many scholars since W. Wrede (in 1901)[40] have noted the so-called Messianic secret in the Gospel of Mark, whereby Jesus' true nature and/or mission is portrayed as unseen by many, including by his inner circle of disciples[Mk 8:27-33] (compare the Gospel of John's references to those to whom only the Father reveals Jesus will be saved).[41] Nazareth, being the home of those near and dear to Jesus, apparently suffered negatively in relation to this doctrine. Thus, Nathanael’s question, “Can anything good come out of Nazareth?” is consistent with a negative view of Nazareth in the canonical gospels, and with the Johannine proclamation that even his brothers did not believe in him.[Jn 7:5]

5) The Messianic secret of Jesus was the Gnosis in the Gnostic Gospels ;

Note that Jesus does not confirm that he is the Messiah.

The most prominent instance of this occurs in Mark 8:27–30:[8]

Jesus and his disciples went on to the villages around Caesarea Philippi. On the way he asked them, "Who do people say I am?" (28)They replied, "Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, one of the prophets." (29) "But what about you?" he asked. "Who do you say I am?" Peter answered, "You are the Messiah." (30) Jesus warned them not to tell anyone about him.

There we see Jesus telling his followers NOT TO CALL HIM THE MESSIAH.

Jesus does not confirm he is the messiah - in fact he tells his followers not to say that to other people.

Then ;

As noted pointedly by W. R. Telford,[9] Jesus commands his followers to silence after healings and exorcisms. When Jesus heals a leper, he commands the man not to spread the news of his miraculous healing:

(43) After sternly warning him he sent him away at once, (44) saying to him, 'See that you say nothing to anyone; but go, show yourself to the priest, and offer for your cleansing what Moses commanded, as a testimony to them.' (45) But he went out and began to proclaim it freely, and to spread the word, so that Jesus could no longer go into a town openly, but stayed out in the country; and people came to him from every quarter. (Mark 1.43–45)

He said, "The knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of God has been given to you, but to others I speak in parables, so that, " 'though seeing, they may not see; though hearing, they may not understand.'"[10]

The disciples came to him and asked, "Why do you speak to the people in parables?" He replied, "The knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of heaven has been given to you, but not to them. Whoever has will be given more, and he will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken from him."

This confirms the Gnosis exists.

To the masses he preaches an exoteric christianity, to the elect he preaches an esoteric christianity.

St. Paul could not have know the esoteric chritstianity as Jesus did not each him it.

Therefore Pauls christianity is the exoteric non-Gnostic verion.

The Messianic Secret is not that Jesus is the messiah, as he constantly rejects this statement in the Gnostic texts, but that the Gnosis is the secret.

en.wikipedia.org...

The Messianic Secret is that via the Gnosis we each become our own Messiah - and save ourselves by discovering the Christ within and the Kingdom of Heaven within.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   

First of all you have no idea that the Bible is not the word of God! This is something that cannot be proven or disprove. To say the Bible is a forgery is something you cannot prove or disprove. I think we can see from the evidence of the many versions of the Bible that it is a BOOK that has been written, rewritten, changed, edited, etc...... Unfortunately for the non-believer there will never be any proof that the Bible is the Word of God or some fictional work created by a group of men many, many, many years ago. Their is no way to prove Revelations is coming true, Noah built the ark, or if anything in the Bible ever happened. We that believe are guided by FAITH that the Bible is a guide for life and someday HE will return. I always leave those that do not believe with one argument and only one. If HE does return and you haven't praised him then what will you do. Also in the opposite if HE doesn't return and the Bible isn't FACT then what does it hurt to live you life by its teachings and the Golden Rule. There are many books and many religions and only one of them can be right. I choose to believe Jesus Christ is my savior so please don't say the Bible is a forgery simply because you choose not believe. Until you can bring concrete proof to the discussion then you are simply an uneducated person trying to push your NON-BELIEF on the population. I will pray for you that HE will have mercy on your soul when your life comes to an end whenever that may be.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott
While I do appreciate facts, it seems this post is another useless attack on Christianity, for whatever reason. For centuries, attacks have been made against the Christian church. ATS members spend a lot of their time and talents working up these attacks. I suppose there is some cleansing that they feel if they get it off their chest, but I have yet to see any substantial information.

Attack? I thought ATS's slogan was "Deny Ignorance"? Biblical scholars have been saying exactly what the OP states for centuries... This is not really news to anyone who has actually studied the works of real biblical scholars.

The new book is however.

So to deny this information is somewhat contrary to ATS's mandate don't you think?

The same can also be said of the Koran & the "Old Testament" too. All are works of human folly.

J.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by annecares1
I am a Christian. The only thing I can tell you is when you 'believe', something happens. It is a change, is it something that manifests in you. I know that is not proof, but what I am trying to tell you is the reason there is so many Christians, is because they really do experience something. And that my friend is where science and faith breaks down, which I understand. So, that is why every single person has to make an individual choice. Personally, understanding the complexity and interconnectedness of the Universe, I don't understand how people think this is all "random", but I also understand, I do not understand, what I do not understand. I pray for peace, enlightenment, wisdom and hope for all.

People experience the same feelings when they walk in a forest. Or join a sports team. Or become a Buddhist.

Somehow, I don't see this as a supernatural experience necessarily. Moving perhaps...

J.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by samaka

Most reputable biblical scholars would disagree with you 100%. There are some so-called "biblical scholars" that are produced by christian colleges - but I think we can safely disregard the works they produce as being somewhat - ahem - biased. Serious scholars know only too well the truth behind the OP here.

J.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
So the Bible is a forgery.

Forgery means exact copy of the original but not the oiginal.

So in actual fact you are exactly right (thats the nature of any book) and at the same time you are totally wrong in your own intention.

Hilarious on both accounts.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gibborium
I am sorry but I cannot let this pass without saying something. The four Gospels are, Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, not "and Paul."

"I always found it interesting that Christ purportedly had 12 disciples, but only 4 of them decided to record Christ's existence. I am, of course, referring to the 4 main Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and Paul" . . .

Thanks for correcting my mistake, I always get them confused.

Actually, I'm not sure that any of Christ's disciples actually had anything to do with the gospels as seen in the NT books. They were written many decades or centuries after the fictionalized events they purport to narrate. Any disciples would most likely have been long dead when they were written...

Anyway, my point was, its just odd to me that Christ's other disciples did not record their own Gospel's.

edit on 5/18/2011 by dalan. because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Very nice.
But is it realy necessary to go into all those details, to stich together such a tapestry, just to disproof the claim that the Bible is a forgery? How could the Bible be a "Forgery"? It can only be such if one sees in it, thinks of it something which it is not. But in that case, the fraud does not lie in the Bible as such, but in the head of the one who passes the judgement.
edit on 18-5-2011 by CarlitosAmsel because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join