It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible Is A Forgery

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by leejohnbarnes

Excellent post -

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by spy66

I liked this one, why didn't you use this one

How can anyone look at the space shuttle and say “Design!”, yet look at the people who designed it and say “Accident!”?

Kinda off topic for the OP, I guess. But thanks! :-D

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

I believe the Bible was written by people inspired by God. You are correct in your comments regarding the Roman Catholic Popes choosing what books would be included in the Bible but even though they chose them God still let the message He was telling come out if you read it... All scriptures about the anti-christ point to the Roman Catholic church. They were the ones who killed Jesus and they were the ones who invented the pagan holidays most Christians follow today.. None of which is included in the Bible.. They have changed times and laws and have led the flock astray just as it is written.. The majority have been fooled and deceived into following or wandering after the beast..They have accepted the Catholic's MARK of authority ( thus mark of the beast ) by worshiping on Sunday ( Baal's day ) instead of Saturday God's Sabbath. By celebrating Christmas and Easter ( Pagan religious holidays ) instead of the Festivals God told the to celebrate each year throughout generations. So even though Satan is working hard and has worked hard at deceiving man God still gives man the truth if they would just read His letter He sent us. But sadly most are just fine with the way they are worshipping and don't want to hear the truth. Even though God tells them they will suffer the same punishment He will dish out to the anti-christ and his followers.. They reject the truth still today..thinking they are too smart to be fooled but when you read the Bible from cover to cover and search the history of man you can see just how easy Satan has had it to fool us.. The MARK has been around for centuries and most are still waiting for it to get here! Ironic!

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by codenameotacon89
Well, now this is a topic I most certainly can agree to. Perhaps the first version of the bible made sense, but now, there are more contradictions than any politician could ever hope to create. I've always believed the bible was a fake, now I can use the link provided as my proof on the argument.

And, have you read the "first version" of the Bible to know this?

Well, now this is a topic I most certainly can agree to. Perhaps the first version of the bible made sense, but now, there are more contradictions than any politician could ever hope to create. I've always believed the bible was a fake, now I can use the link provided as my proof on the argument.

If there are that many, please site your references on which you base this on. Since you make such a boast, it should be easy to come up with a list of at least 10 references from different reliable sources (so that does not include Wiki) that back up your claim.

Your are putting the cart before the horse in this statement. You say you have a belief and now you have a reference to support that reference. That is the same as the OP using his own writings to support his thesis in this discussion. And so, that is all you have, is an exaggerated claim because you won't be able to cite even three reliable sources.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
In my opinion - for what its worth - there is no such thing as an almighty god, Jesus was a just a man and the bible is a story/guide book - uninspired from "holy spirit" - it was back in those days the only way the people could comprehend the "GODS from the sky" ie Aliens/et's - I am an avid believer in the Ancient Alien theory - it makes perfect sense and also there is a lot of hard evidence to go along with it ie the Sumerian tablets etc...

anyway - I think that they are guidelines in the bible that do hold to good things like treating how to be treated, lots of these kind of what I would call guide to happy life.... I do not believe that its in ANY holy - man wrote and later on man raped it and fixed it for their own purposes - to control the minds of the sheeple who need to scared into following .... now religion has a new enemy the new gods - Technology - the new modern day books ie facebook - the true work of the devil, ipods, ipads, iphones, mobile internet .. this thirst to have have have and to look at me mentality drives me mental .... they are so blinkered my themselves the see not what is happening under their noses!

Thats my 10ps worth

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Every single belief/religion has its purpose for the time and people that it emanated from. Its all a evolving understanding of things of Spirit and things of flesh.

God is within all things, the word of God is in the very design of the universe, a place that holds life, a place where the word can be found by any man without any books or through another mans mouth.

Its placed where it remains perfect and undistorted, and over time, we as a unit, will gain understanding of Spirit more and more.

Just because we come later to find out that a certain belief limits our understanding of today...does not mean it does not have worth in the united mind of man.

God is not something outside of any of us...nothing can be without God. Satan or Yalbadoath are words that can be reverted to understanding of 'flesh' and what the effect is of Spirit when it entangles, emanates, into the 'seen'. When we all experience being individuals, with our own bodies, the illusion that we are all separate.....this causes the attributes like pride, greed, ect....its not some outside power that causes these attributes in people.

Jesus taught people to look within ourselves and to observe nature. He was against blood sacrifices of any kind and there is good reason to believe that the only meat he ever ate was fish. There were defiantly groups suppressed for such ideas and there have been wll known artists that have placed these ideas into their art because for so long such speculations could not be talked of.

The reason from what I have gathered through many readings is that in the Temple when Jesus got angry, it was because of the animals that were sold in the temple for the blood sacrifices. Jesus taught ideas that went against the main stream ideas of those days...he knew that people would have issues with what he taught...he knew and accepted that it could mean his very life at risk. He believed that he understood some sacred wisdom and there for did not throw pearls to the ones that he knew would not empty their cup, who would shrug such teaches off as foolishness.

Jesus taught that we all had crosses to pick up, that we all had to understand and discern between things of flesh and spirit...and place our earthly attributes at will, upon our own cross. He taught what life we are to live for...of Spirit.

There are spiritual gems in all beliefs...for there was spiritual understandings to a degree, in them all. What people believed, showed a nature about themselves. If a group believes in chosen people then we see pride. If they believe that there is earthly land that is important to things of spirit, then we see them not understanding the difference or worth, of things of Spirit over things of flesh.

Things of Spirit are not about a certain day of the week, about being saved as individuals, about worship, about punishment....things of spirit are concerned with the door is always open, we are a unit for we all are of spirit-we are one, about humbleness, about seeking and will to understand. There is no time limit, there are no mistakes. If one is not ready to seek...there is nothing to hold against them.

This experience is not some contest to see 'who will be saved and who wont'. Its not about individual salvation. If that is what worries you, being saved as a individual...then this only shows in Spirit what you understand and what you still need to learn. Its not right or wrong...but its a marker of discernment.

Take away all the books, scriptures, and teachings....and one can still find the most precious and priceless spiritual wisdom's that are needed, to awaken and seek what we are and what the nature of Spirit is that fills our being and all life around us.

God and Satan can be more understood as our higher consciousness of spirit and our lower consciousness of flesh. In the nature of Spirit, we will be humble, giving, forgiving, compassionate, and understanding. In our nature of flesh, we will be lustful, prideful, greedy, selfish, and narrow minded towards others and their needs. In Spirit...we will worry about all people. In flesh, we worry about ourselves. Its about finding a balance, to use the body of flesh as a instrument, for the Spirit within us, our true nature, to shine through. The kingdom is within and literally, as the Spirit is able to become through us, heaven does become, on earth.

This is not about powers, miracles, and all the fascinating stuff the flesh of us hopes for and is attracted to. The miracles of Jesus were not about super powers, they were allegorical with meanings that can help us learn how to discern between things of flesh and spirit and that there is a transformation/emanation occurring here in this existence.

When we look at a past belief of man, we can see where their higher consciousness was in growth and we can see what kind of things they lived for, spirit or flesh.

Seek the nature of Spirit within you...and then ask questions about things of Spirit with a empty cup, a open mind, open to a deeper understanding of 'life'.

If you, as a individual, support the idea that those that dont understand, will be punished....this shows only something about your own self and nature.

First, seek God without any books, seek God in life itself. Discover the nature of Spirit in life itself. Then allow the Spirit to discern what it is 'not' within the books and stories.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

The lost gnosis wasn't in the dead sea scrolls, it was in the Nag Hammadi library...

Jaden

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Is 'duh' a word?
I am going with it... My response: 'duh'

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by leejohnbarnes
A second consequence was the Holocaust.

yup, op is obviously a troll looking to grind some gears. move on people. nothing to see here.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

there are more contradictions than any politician could ever hope to create.

you are definitely underestimating politicians here...

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
2) He did not reject Jehovah. Actually if you read the bible, he prayed to his father constantly. We can all agree that the God of Israel gave them the ten commandments.

=

The father of Jesus was not Jehovah / Yahweh - his father was from the Pleroma.

en.wikipedia.org...

The Father of pure light.

His name is Kalyptos.

The enemy of Jesus was Yaldaboath / Yahweh / Jehovah.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by warza

I hear you and can relate.

Though as a borne again Christian, I take it you experienced the spirit of Christ- right?

Well, that experience alone should forever shine your path. Does it really matter if the words of a book are "real" or not? I don't care if people label it receiving the spirit of Christ or achieving enlightenment through awakening kudalini I think its all the same. It's all love and seeking the higher good. Words in a book isn't really necessary one way or another in the grand scheme of things.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
The Israelites / Jews are descendants of the scythians.

The scythians were the Tribes of Israel who returned to re-settle their ancestral lands where Christ was born.

Jesus knew this.

Many Jews of Jesus's time knew it.

But they chose to forget.

Jesus did not.

Colossians 3:11 — : “Here there cannot be Greek and Jew, circumcised and uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave, free man, but Christ is all, and in all.”

The Magi, scythian priests, came to visit Christ at his birth as he was of the Scythian people.

This is why the three wise men visited Christ when he was born.

He was a son of the kings of Scythia.

www.burlingtonnews.net...

THE TRIBE OF DAN - SCYTHIANS

While the CARTHAGE rose to power in the MEDITERRANIAN WORLD, a new power , SCYTHIA rose in ASIA .

Scythia, and its people were named the SACAE TRIBES. The term "Saacae" preserves the name of the HEBREW
PATRIARCH, ISAAC, fulfilling God's promise. ( Genesis 21:12)

The Scythia's Israelite origin is extensively documented . The names of many Israelite tribes and clans are present
and identifiable among the Sacae tribes.The Scythians renamed all of the rivers emptying into the Black Sea, giving
each one a name based on the name of the Israelite TRIBE OF DANN.

The Scythians were located to the north of the Medo-Perisan Empire and twice crushed the huge Persian armies which invaded Scythia. The Scythians are mentioned in both the Old and New Testaments, but they are called by their Greek name "Scythia" only in the New Testament.

THE PARTHIANS AND JESUS CHRIST

Equal to the Roman Empire, the PARTHIANS were the only ones that Rome feared. Only decades before the birth of
Christ, its armies drove the Romans completely out of Palestine, Syria and Asia Minor, forcing the reigning King Herod to flee for his life.

This ancient superpower lasted for half a millennium . This dynasty was descended from King David. Many kings of
the Sacae Scythians and Parthians bore the name of the royal bloodline of King David, fulfilling Gods promise in
Jeremiah 33:17. Even as the Israelites had a hereditary priesthood (the Levites), so did the Parthians (the Magi). The
Parthian empire had mounted "knights," a feudal government system, and a bicameral "parliament" which elected their kings. In the apostolic period, many Parthians became Christians.

In the 3rd century A.D. the Parthians were overthrown by the Persians and fled to the Caucasus Mountains and Black
Sea region.The Parthian Empire rose to power as Carthage fell, and the names of Israelite tribes and clans are much
in evidence within the Parthian Empire.

Josephus, the famous Jewish historian, records that the ten tribes were a very numerous people in Asia and he
identifies them as living in Parthia's empire. Secular histories acknowledges that the SCYTHIANS , "Sacae" tribes often
assisted the PARTHIANS in their wars against Greece and Rome.

Parthia and Rome fought some battles which were among the longest and most pivotal ever fought in the ancient
world. The Roman Triumvir, Crassus, met an ignominious death fighting the Parthians and Mark Antony led a large
army into Parthia. Antony was driven out , barely escaping with his life.

PARTHIAN FEUDAL SYSTEM VS ROMAN RULE

Parthia was governed by the feudal system. Its Emperors were elected by Parthian elites, and even offered "home-rule"
to some of its larger cities.

While Rome's rulership was harsh and oppressive, Parthia's was enlightened and much wiser.

Whole nations sometimes fought Roman armies in order to be part of the Parthian Empire instead of the Roman
Empire.

The Parthian and Roman Empires waged epic wars, had "Summit conferences" between their emperors and even had
a period of "Detente" during which Jesus Christ lived his entire life.

POLITICS AND CHRIST

Upon examining the prevailing politics that prevailed between Rome and Parthia at the time, light can be shed
concerning the events around JESUS CHRIST.

THE WISE MEN OR MAGI

The role of the Wise Men and Jesus Christ was under played in the New Testament. These wise men were a group of
Parthian Elitists whose duties included chosing the emperors for the Parthians.

These people were not simply three wise men traveling alone to see the Christ Child; They were a delegation of
Parthian officials traveling with their caravan of large numbers. So large in fact, that their presense frightened King
Herod and the entire city of Jerusalem. ( Matthew 2:3). The Roman rulers of Judea were well aware of Parthia's interest
in Jesus Christ and why these Magi were in Jerusalem!

edit on 18-5-2011 by leejohnbarnes because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

2) He did not reject Jehovah. Actually if you read the bible, he prayed to his father constantly. We can all agree that the God of Israel gave them the ten commandments.

=

The father of Jesus was not Jehovah / Yahweh - his father was from the Pleroma.

en.wikipedia.org...

The Father of pure light.

His name is Kalyptos.

The enemy of Jesus was Yaldaboath / Yahweh / Jehovah.

en.wikipedia.org...

Again, Wikipedia is not a viable nor reliable source to quote from.

A general introduction for visitors to Wikipedia. The project also has an encyclopedia article about itself: Wikipedia, and some introductions for aspiring contributors.English Wikipedia right now Wikipedia is running MediaWiki version 1.17wmf1 (r88299). It has 3,639,363 articles, and 23,974,394 pages in total. There have been 462,564,443 edits. There are 844,438 uploaded files. There are 14,573,995 registered users, including 1,787 administrators. This information is correct as of 17:20 (UTC) on May 18, 2011. Update Wikipedia (i /ˌwɪkɨˈpiːdi.ə/ or i /ˌwɪkiˈpiːdi.ə/ wik-i-pee-dee-ə) is a multilingual, web-based, free-content encyclopedia project based on an openly editable model. The name "Wikipedia" is a portmanteau of the words wiki (a technology for creating collaborative websites, from the Hawaiian word wiki, meaning "quick") and encyclopedia. Wikipedia's articles provide links to guide the user to related pages with additional information. Wikipedia is written collaboratively by largely anonymous Internet volunteers who write without pay. Anyone with Internet access can write and make changes to Wikipedia articles (except in certain cases where editing is restricted to prevent disruption or vandalism). Users can contribute anonymously, under a pseudonym, or with their real identity, if they choose.
*emphasis mine - Gib

Anyone and everyone can post to Wikipedia under their guidelines. By Wiki's own admission: "Older articles tend to grow more comprehensive and balanced; newer articles may contain misinformation, unencyclopedic content, or vandalism. Awareness of this aids obtaining valid information and avoiding recently added misinformation"
Wikipedia's about page

As long as you use this source for your substantiation, you lose your argument.
edit on 5/18/2011 by Gibborium because: added info

edit on 5/18/2011 by Gibborium because: clarification

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

The Bible is not the word of God.

Jesus did not write the Bible.

Nor did God.

It is the work of priests appointed by the Emperors of the Roman Empire who were ordered to create a hierarchical centralised state religion in order to control the politics and religions of the Roman Empire.

Finally someone who can "write down" what I can't explain in Engelish because mine is to bad, thank you very much for doing this !!!
edit on Wed May 18 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gibborium
Anyone and everyone can post to Wikipedia under their guidelines. By Wiki's own admission: "Older articles tend to grow more comprehensive and balanced; newer articles may contain misinformation, unencyclopedic content, or vandalism. Awareness of this aids obtaining valid information and avoiding recently added misinformation"
Wikipedia's about page

As long as you use this source for your substantiation, you lose your argument.
edit on 5/18/2011 by Gibborium because: added info

edit on 5/18/2011 by Gibborium because: clarification

Stop trying to divert attention from the facts with the trite statement ' you cant trust wikipedia'

So what.

I trust what Wikipedia says far more than the people answering some of the posts on this thread.

In this case wikipedia is right.

Do the research for yourself.

edit on Wed May 18 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Stop trying to divert attention from the facts with the trite statement ' you cant trust wikipedia'

So what.

I trust what Wikipedia says far more than the people answering some of the posts on this thread.

In this case wikipedia is right.

Do the research for yourself.

I have done the research, 35 years of it.

When you use unreliable sources for your arguments, you defeat yourself. And, when you quote yourself, you make a mockery of your intent. Your reply indicates your ignorance to the search for truth. If you use false information to base your treatise on, then it becomes false, no matter how much you quote.

As pointed out by other posters, you have made a conglomeration of points taken out of context, ie Bible scripture, and postulated your own rendition of what you believe is the truth. False truth = False truth.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join