It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible Is A Forgery

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by shamaniski

You do believe the bible to be literal right? and today we cant even come close to doing any of these type of unnatural things depicted in the bible. Thats what I want to know.

Just a guess...

we are NOT God Almighty?

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
What if god is unexplainable and unknowable, and just maybe nonexistent as well,
and the religious books we have are men's best attempt to write down their knowledge of god.

the questions if god exists and what he is are still open.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by daggyz

So the Bible is a forgery.

Forgery means exact copy of the original but not the oiginal.

So in actual fact you are exactly right (thats the nature of any book) and at the same time you are totally wrong in your own intention.

Hilarious on both accounts.

Ahh...the English language is a multifarious and often misunderstood thing...is it not?

"Forgery is the process of making, adapting, or imitating objects, statistics, or documents with the intent to deceive. Copies, studio replicas, and reproductions are not considered forgeries, though they may later become forgeries through knowing and willful misrepresentations. "

You are wrong. The OP is correct.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by CarlitosAmsel
Very nice.
But is it realy necessary to go into all those details, to stich together such a tapestry, just to disproof the claim that the Bible is a forgery? How could the Bible be a "Forgery"? It can only be such if one sees in it, thinks of it something which it is not. But in that case, the fraud does not lie in the Bible as such, but in the head of the one who passes the judgement.
edit on 18-5-2011 by CarlitosAmsel because: (no reason given)

This makes no sense whatsoever...

Are you saying the Bible is a forgery? Or the Bible is not a forgery? Or?

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott
While I do appreciate facts, it seems this post is another useless attack on Christianity, for whatever reason. For centuries, attacks have been made against the Christian church. ATS members spend a lot of their time and talents working up these attacks. I suppose there is some cleansing that they feel if they get it off their chest, but I have yet to see any substantial information.

Perhaps you are just not looking hard enough for the Truth,
This post is far from a useless attack on Christianity and has given you many points which you can choose to research further or dismiss them as fabricated, the latter is much easier and may suit your present belief system.
Over the past 12 months, I have come to learn how we have all been duped by religious writings and religeous groups.

There are some very good documentaries which explain how the Torah and Bible were changed to suit the ruling powers over the centuries and the collection and burning of all other sacred texts which were considered to enlightening to be shown to the likes of us. Furthermore, these documentaries will show so many similarities between many religions and how many tie their roots back to Sun worship & Astrology, these similarities are repeated throughout many different Religions and are so numerous that they simply cannot be coincidence, the laws of probability forbid it

They illustrate clearly and convincingly how Astrological data has been manipulated into religeous writings
The truth is out there and easy to find out for yourself or you can choose to blindly follow a faith and belief system which somebody else has told you is the true and Righteous path to God.
It is upto you really but do not accuse somebody else of bashing Christianity just because they report their findings after much research and you cannot be bothered to question or perform your own research.

Out of the countless documentaries out there on the subject, I would suggest you have a look at the following on you-tube for the substantial information which you specifically request in your post:

The Arrivals - 50 x 10 minute clips
Zeitgeist - Part 1

If you do not believe many of the things which are stated in the 2 movies above, Fine, what I suggest you do is make notes of everything you think is "bunk" and then research those subjects through other avenues. You may just be surprised. I hope to discuss your findings at your convenience.

God bless you.

PEACE,
RK

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by leejohnbarnes

I will stick with my King James Version Bible,Jewish
New Testament and the Torah.I won't waste my time
reading other versions!

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
ill put it this way

at best, the bible was real

key word WAS at BEST

heres the problem, the bible wasnt written in english

not too many people have ever read the ORIGINAL TEXT

we also know that when transfered to a new language, ideas are confused, mixed up, and lost, completely misinterpreted

on top of all of that, the bible itself has been "censored" according to the catholic church

the 1st time i ever heard such an idea was from a brother at a catholic school and he didnt just make claims, he educated us

on top of the censoring, on top of the translation problems, today, and im sure many times in the past

the people with some sort of influence, have decided certain words belong and certain words dont and that they can actually change the original words to suit their needs

so not only are they censoring by omition, they are blatantly changing the story simply to suit their needs

to believe in a god, to have faith in something in one thing, to follow these organized religions just seems like nonsense to me

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Alright. Fair cop. I did it. I was bored see. The wife's constantly nagging about me always reading but never writing a book. So there I am struggling wit writer's block thinking in the beginning, in the beginning... And then it just occurs to me as if by magic. 'In the beginning God created the hevens and the erth.' And it all just seemed to flow from dere. Now I've got to give credit where credit's due and God did give me a hand in writing the Bible. That being said most of it was my idea. Particularly the Jesus bit and the Noah bit. Giulty as charged.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Duhh
People wrote the bible
People spread the bible

What other book on this planet isn't written by humans

Plus the jesus story sucks, its just a retold story, with like 10 gods before jesus with similar beginnings.

So if god wrote it, why would he not write something original?

"God works in mysterious ways"

No, somebody lied to you.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Was Christ resurrected or reincarnated?

Following Jesus' alleged resurrection, John 20:14-16 says: [Mary] saw Jesus standing; and she knew not that it was Jesus. Jesus saith to her, "Woman, why weepest thou? Whom seekest thou?" She, thinking it was the gardener, saith to him: "Sir, if thou hast taken him hence, tell me where thou hast laid him, and I will take him away." Jesus saith to her, "Mary." She turning, saith to him "Rabboni" (which is to say, Master).

In other words, Mary only knows that it's Jesus because of his way of speaking, his mannerisms, and his presence.

This is the most important section of the Christian Gospels, and of the entire Christian religion. What is truly astounding about it is that it represents the clearest possible proof that the central belief of Christianity is false. This passage from the Beloved Disciple proves beyond any doubt that the claim being made regarding Jesus Christ was not that he was resurrected but rather reincarnated, a spectacularly different concept.

Further evidence of Jesus' radically altered appearance is provided in the following passages:

Mark 16:12 And after that he appeared in another shape to two of them walking, as they were going into the country.

"Another shape"? They mean a different body - reincarnation.

Luke 24:15-16 And it came to pass, that while they talked and reasoned with themselves, Jesus himself also drawing near, went with them. But their eyes were held, that they should not know him.

"But their eyes were held, that they should not know him?" Why not? What did he have to hide? Was he playing mind games? If he had been resurrected in his old body, why was he so reluctant to show himself properly, and instead creating doubt in the minds of his anxious followers? Or is this another passage showing that he was in fact in a new body because he had been reincarnated?

No wonder Doubting Thomas was so doubtful: he literally couldn't believe his eyes because the person in front of him clearly didn't look anything like Jesus.

John 21:4 But when the morning was come, Jesus stood on the shore; yet the disciples knew not that it was Jesus.

Why not? Because his appearance was entirely different thanks to the fact that he was in a new body as a result of reincarnation.

John 21:12 Jesus saith to them, "Come, and dine." And none of them who were at meat, durst ask him, "Who art thou?", knowing it was the Lord.

Why would they be tempted to ask Jesus who he was if he looked exactly like his former self, so clearly he didn't? As with the incident involving Mary Magdalene, it is Jesus' presence that identifies him, not his appearance, which is manifestly utterly different from his previous appearance.

Ask any Christian to rationalise these passages from their "infallible" Gospels. Ask them why they are not regarded as definitive proof of reincarnation rather than bodily resurrection. If bodily resurrection had indeed taken place, no one would have had the slightest difficulty recognising Jesus Christ.

So, which is the greater cover-up: the fact that Jesus was married and had children, or that Jesus was not resurrected at all, but reincarnated? Either way, both are deadly to the Christian faith.

Christians pour scorn on the idea of reincarnation, yet it is staring them right in the face in their own most sacred scriptures. Isn't that extraordinary? One hundred percent of Christians lack the vaguest idea of the truth of what they profess to believe. They will take their "faith" to the grave with them, and it will be entirely in vain. Christians quite literally don't understand the first thing about the truth of Jesus Christ. Few of them have actually taken the trouble to read their "sacred" texts and those that have are too brainwashed and stupid to see what is right in front of them.

armageddonconspiracy.co.uk

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by leejohnbarnes

Originally posted by taccj9903
Does this mean that the rapture and the beginning of the end of the world won't be happening this Saturday? Dang it, I was planning on partying with strippers and going out with a bang.

Sorry mate - there wont be any rapture this weekend.

Trying to find the date of the Rapture in the Bible is like trying to find the date of the Rapture in the Readers Digest.

It aint gonna happen.

It never has and never will.

Spiritual liberation comes from the Christ within, not from without.

edit on 17-5-2011 by leejohnbarnes because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-5-2011 by leejohnbarnes because: (no reason given)

Whoa lighten up there, taccj was being humorous not serious. I'm with taccj on this and will be having a party for every end of the world date.......needless to say I will be an alcoholic with more notches on my belt than Hugh Hefner given the number of false predictions that float around!

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Most of this is just kindergarden 101 to the rest of the world. Almost all Bible scholars nowadays know this as fact, but Christians are just going to believe what they've been taught to believe anyways. They are NOT going to change their views en-mass because it feels good, and they have too much invested. The bottom line: there is no real demonstrable evidence for any of Christianity's claims, except a plea to emotions.

I have been a born-again Christian for 45+ years, and after truly studying everything I can find out about where the Bible came from and the over 3000 years of it's history (because I honestly wanted to get closer to my beliefs) I have basically come to the same conclusions as your thread. Believe me, it's the exact opposite of what I wanted to know. I hate what I've found out.

Religion was made by man to control people through fear. Please, let's not have anybody attempt a come back on here with "Well, then you never REALLY were a Christian..." I'd like to say ahead of time, that's just insulting and completely not true.

edit on 18-5-2011 by warza because: grammatical change

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by linux2216

rubbish, an average duration between 2 reincarnations is is said to be about 200 years ..

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by dalan.

Also Luke was not one of "the 12 apostles of Jesus" just though i would point that out as well.

Same thing as some of the stuff the OP is stating, if you are going to make statements and threads, please spend at least the basic three minutes on google or lexus-nexus, or some other engine researching. twenty seconds in google would show you the Gospels and who St. Luke the evangelist was.

I'm not saying this to create any disagreements and quarrels, but all that this does is show weakness to your argument and could render further statements with merit void by others who see you're basic mistakes here as a way to completely invalidate your further thoughts.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by shamaniski
Can you explain how all the miraculous things happened in the bible like Moses splinting the red sea, noahs ark, basically every book has examples of miracles and unnatural occurrences. Can you explain the scientific aspect of them and not just a simple "god did it answer". You do believe the bible to be literal right? and today we cant even come close to doing any of these type of unnatural things depicted in the bible. Thats what I want to know.
edit on 18-5-2011 by shamaniski because: (no reason given)

By definition, a miracle is a violation of natural law either by its speed or timing. Examples: Jesus turned water into wine in an instant, without grapes, but it was real, quality wine; God parted the Red Sea by sending a strong wind that blew all night, and the waters stacked up till the Israelites passed through, then came crashing down on the Egyptians in an instant. Wine is natural and floods are natural, but these events happened in very unnatural ways.

Science has limits, did you know that? We have courts of law for things science cannot determine, since the crimes were past events and not lab experiments. We use this legal class of determining things all the time. Science has nothing to say about anything that cannot be measured, observed, repeated, or above all, falsified.

So when someone asks for a scientific explanation of a miracle, they are asking an absurdity. The best you could do is when one of those faith healers claims to have instantly given normal sight to the blind for example, is to have an optometrist verify that the person was totally blind but now sees normally, and hostile witnesses to the healing, with the follow-up examination happening immediately. That's what science can do.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Only now you came to that conclusion ?

God created Adam and Eve and they immediately spoke a language which is not known and god created a tree which fruits you couldn't eat just because... The man has the "adam apple" in the neck because god came when he was swelling. Then a angel was called to protect the garden with a flaming sword, cool the world was just created and the weapon for defense was a sword with flames nice imagination. God is every where and knows all but the angel let Eve enter in the garden if she didn't tail on god yeah.. and so son so on.. To many to write them all..

Obviously a fairy tale.
edit on 18-5-2011 by Apleness because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Do you believe Jesus is a god or a messenger sent by god?

Great post btw, I came to much the same conclusion. The current bible is a political tool and the real bible, the Gospel as we know it is mostly lost (either well hidden re: Dead Sea Scrolls or as one of the 3 books in the Quran etc). In the original teachings Jesus refers to god as one and expresses a monotheistic religion and unlike the current flavour which seems to be a mix of idol worship and pagan rituals.

As I said before any religion from god needs to be logical and coherent, because if I was god I would want my creation to know me without any doubt so I would use precision and not vagaries. You can't be given a religion and told in order to have a belief, you must first have faith...

Faith comes after having the evidence on which you build your belief and that evidence needs to be logical, empirical, something that can stand up to scrutiny and the test of the time.
edit on 18-5-2011 by old_god because: 713

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Apleness

Yep, that right there is a fairy tale. The Bible says something entirely different. But since truth and actually reading the text isn't important to most of the Bible's critics, I guess they should be allowed to make up their own and then burn it down for fun, cuz that "burning" part won't be fun later. o.O

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Do you wish to once and for all destroy God's word? Than do this. Destroy Israel. Because its that promise you have to come to face with. The jews were promised by God to be His people and He would be there God and He has given them a land in which they now have returned too, and those promises are in the book. I dare you finite created beings to try your best at destroying the promises of Israel and you will come up against the God who made that promise. Im not a jew but Jesus was a jew who died for both Jews and us Gentiles. And I belong to Jesus of free will. You can laugh throw intelectual rants and jump up and down and call me naive and ignorant. My choice has been made and I am a slave to Him. But we have a lifetime and than you will see. Men about only 77 years statistically until then you can spit and and mock at the God of the bible all you want. You can even kill those ones who say they believe in it and maybe think you "got away with it", and have satisfied your conscience that you have proved God does not exist once and for all. But maybe, just maybe, you had the fast one pulled over your eyes and missed out on what you and I were really created for. Judgement is coming and that is not what I have said but what this book called the word of God says and we all stand in judgement because we stand in rebellion to Him who gave us life and sustains it until the day we physically die. We have done that from the first until this very day.
Now who will bow their hearts in repentance and accepting the gift of life from the great I AM Yeshua/Jesus.
And who will shake their fist at heaven and say never I AM GOD!
Unfortunately the later point is the more domecratic vote. SO the company is huge and if you want to belong thats the one to choose but the time is short.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SaberTruth

The Bible says something entirely different. ? What I just mention is from the bible..

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join