It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone watch "UFO Files - Roswell" on HIST channel?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   
If not, it will air again tonight 12am EST as well as this Saturday at 3pm EST. The show basically discusses past "Classified" government projects that may have been mistaken for UFO's/aliens. The show was pretty interesting IMO.

Just curious as to what everyone on here thought about the show...hopefully some of you out there caught it, or plan to watch it later

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lecky
If not, it will air again tonight 12am EST as well as this Saturday at 3pm EST. The show basically discusses past "Classified" government projects that may have been mistaken for UFO's/aliens. The show was pretty interesting IMO.

Just curious as to what everyone on here thought about the show...hopefully some of you out there caught it, or plan to watch it later
watch it every week sometimes i dont watch the whole thing because ive seen all there is to see with ufos and i usually dont learn much but i saw most of it.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Much of it seemed like disinfo.. see Stanton Friedman's Letter to the History Channel

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I just go finished watching it. I didn't know the History Channel was a mouthpiece for government propaganda. The bought the Air Force's strained and torturous explaination of the crash as several different classified projects involving weather balloons and humanoid dummies.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I seen it. And i dont buy it, seeing how they left out SOOOOOOO much info about that whole incident.

Like, the fact the original Roswell files were destroyed. Congress found this out when they tried to re open the incident, and discovered that years before, every document in the vault related to Roswell was illegally destroyed. rather disturbed by this, congress wnated some answers, so they Air Force had to come up with something. So, they "declassified" it and put the files in the national archives so people could see what they want.

Seeing how the govcornment has continually lied about everything, I find it ridiculous that they would tell the truth. Especially, still be reluctant and secretive about projects that, with current technology, are compeltely outdated. Thats like Keeping the patent for the grammaphone top secret.

They also left out alot of important data, Im afraid, i was very disappointed. The whole program seemed to me just an attempt to debunbk the whole thing, without a normal two sided view.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I watched it last night. It was very good.

I hate to say I believe the goverment, but I do in this case. Thier top secret projectes were the cause of this.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by maynardsthirdeye
I just go finished watching it. I didn't know the History Channel was a mouthpiece for government propaganda. The bought the Air Force's strained and torturous explaination of the crash as several different classified projects involving weather balloons and humanoid dummies.

"UFO Files" isn't always trying to debunk that there are UFO's. Prior shows include UFO's and the Bible, and there was another titled 'UFO's and the Gov't' discussing military workers seeing flying saucers over nuclear plants during the Cuban Missle Crisis. The flying saucers were hovering over the missle sites causing some to malfunction. To this day these witnesses still cannot explain it and are convinced they were UFO's/aliens. It was a great show...

As for 'UFO's and the Bible'... when you add aliens into the story, the Bible starts to make some sense :p

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I watched it and I also watched the show they did on Area 51.........

I'm starting to believe they are working with the government, they don't want people knowing whats going on when it's our damn country to begin with, the history channel sells themselves out when they do shows on government unsolved mysteries. They left out TONS of information, they didn't even touch of some of the things that people have been questioning over time, same goes with area 51.

I was disappointed in them to say the least... Sell outs.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   
My favorite line from it was something like this, "Most UFO investigators now believe that what crashed in Roswell was a weather balloon."

Really? Most UFO Investigators believe this? I don't know if I can find one that believes it.

[edit on 3-8-2004 by zerotime]

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
For one, if a UFO had crash landed in Roswell, do you think that the govornment would declassify alien corpses and scrap metal and put them in the national Archive for everyone to see? hell no! That will NEVER reach the public.

I like UFO shows where they show both arguements for and against, a balanced view, allowing both sides equal airtime. I was disappointed with this episode, they left out alot of info, and used what was in the national archives soley as reference.

the history channel can do better than this.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I watched this program, and thought it was very informative. I wonder if more on the lenticular re-entry vehicle will be posted? If they were ever deployed, it would have explained alot of sightings in the 60's/70's.

=-Rich

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   
any one watched the KGB history on UFOS ?

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   

join