It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good news in Haiti! Simple technology brings 30-50% more food

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
This is not anything big but I believe in our intense news-world right now some of us can use a little break...
here's some news from Haiti.

Real Hope for Haiti .org

The rainy season had started here in our area and the so the mountains are open for planting!

We have been growing vetiver in the clinic yard for a year now. About every 3 months we can plant what has grown and replant new starts.

Vetiver grass is amazing. The thin roots “nail” themselves into the soil by diving straight down (12-15 ft) and rapping together around one another to create a mesh type barrier underground. This helps washout soil stay on the upper side of the vetiver terrace. This helps the surface water run down the roots into the watershed instead of running down the mountain taking soil down to the river and oceans. Crops planting between vetiver terraces produce 30-50% more yields. Now, I live the environment and all, but that last statement is what makes me lots this plant. That means 30-50% MORE FOOD for people to eat and sell!

I don't know if this is worthy of ATS but sure is nice to read something positive that benefits the world. I put it under education 'cuz you never know who on ATS just might need to use some of that vetiver!

edit on 17-5-2011 by Thermo Klein because: fixed "ex" section

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

Of course it deserves to be put here! We all know how TPTB did all they could to see Haiti destroyed since they have been bad slaves asking for their freedom...

Life has been so hard on them all, if nature can help them instead of causing problems, it will only be Justice. No people should suffer like they did and still do.

It's true smaller things can help relieve from a thorn, as shows this vetiver grass. Sometimes, small is BIG!

PS: I tried to find info on vetiver grass but couldn't...

edit on 17-5-2011 by NowanKenubi because: (no reason given)

THANKS! ( for below post!
)
edit on 17-5-2011 by NowanKenubi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by NowanKenubi

here's a wiki link to the plant: chrysopogon zizanioides commonly called vetiver.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

The oil distilled in Haiti and Réunion has a more floral quality to it and is considered of higher quality...

That is something else the plant will bring them!
And...

A recent study, made in the volcanic institute in Israel, by Dr. Nativ Dudai found out that the plant is capable of growing in a fuel-contaminated ground. In addition to that, the study discovered that the plant is also able to clean the ground, so in the end, the soil is almost fuel-free.

Wow! That plant could be listed amongst the "miraculous" ones we have! Lord knows it could be used in lots of places, actually!

And it also has medicinal properties.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
i think this is stupid, because they could of done that all along, and before, they didn't even need too, like. they're trying to bring up light where there is none, they already knew about this

new topics

top topics

join