It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese, Mexican defense ministers hold talks on military cooperation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Chinese Defense Minister Liang Guanglie met his Mexican counterpart Guillermo Galvan Galvan here Wednesday to promote bilateral military cooperation.

Liang, also China's state councilor, said that Mexico is China's good friend and partner in the Latin American region, adding China attaches great importance to developing ties with Mexico.

China is willing to boost its military ties with Mexico and deepen bilateral military exchanges and cooperation in various fields, he said.
Source

Can you see where this might go? Can you imagine a Chinese warship in the Gulf of Mexico visiting their new ally Mexico? There are many reasons for concerns here on this issue. Chinese soldiers stationed at the mexico- US border might get the attention of those on the beltway to finally create a real plan to secure that border I would think. Another issue to keep our eye on for sure!!

Chinese State Councilor and Defense Minister Liang Guanglie (L) reviews an honour guard at Mexican defense ministry in Mexico City, Mexico, Sept. 1, 2010. Chinese Defense Minister Liang Guanglie is in Mexico on an official good-will visit at the invitation of Mexican Secretary of National Defense Guillermo Galvan Galvan. source - Xinhua/David de la Paz

China asked President Kharzi of Afghanistan to align itself with China, Kharzi refused. Pakistan is very close to China and now that the US has all but ruined it's own relationship with Pakistan it is expected that China will apporach Pakistan again to seek it's alliance. Pakistan made some brownie points by allowing chinese reps to view the stealth blackhawk wreckage that the US left at the UBL house. China has also sent a hand out to Cuba but so far, Cuba has not responded. Interesting developments here now that China is seemingly on a world tour seeking alliances. If they secur eone with Mexico that will be a MAJOR upset to North America.
edit on 5/17/2011 by Humint1 because: Add paragraph

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
S&F
Seems China is creating a web of power that everyone is getting caught in. The practically own us and now they're helping Mexico our neighbor downstairs. If we had stepped in down there earlier like I said we should we wouldn't be worrying this but noooooooo. Now that China is down there America is very vulnerable

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by jeremiah8401

Seems like the movie Red Dawn may just come true.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Humint1

Haha I didn't think of that. But we made it easier for the Chinese than the Russians had it in the movie. WW3 really is waking up to its full extent. let's just hope no nukes will be involved

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
China it up in Mexico (bilateral military cooperation??) and Iran building rocket bases in Venezuela... Not a good sign for USA.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I wonder North Korea will get more involved. Things are heatin up in the world. well overheating anyways. well here's for the nightmares of tonight

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
If America feels it has a right to have a presence in China's backyard why can't China also have a presence in America's?

The fact of the matter is you Americans are afraid of the Chinese because you know they are on the rise and America is in decline.

You feel threatened.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
This does make one wonder if Hu Jintao and the leadership of PRC recall the Monroe Doctrine? I know it was aimed at the European colonial powers of the day but could it not also be targeted towards the growing superpower of China? Lest we forget the last time a nation tried to align themselves militarily with Mexico who were not our allies.

Although I do not see anything major coming out of this, China would be wise to not interfere with our nation. Perhaps even Mexico could elicit the assistance of China to crush the drug cartels which have been ravaging their nation.

Do not get worked up about this.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

Well, DUH! Two distinctive cultures. Often at odds with each other through similar tastes. In this case, the taste is for oil. Wherever you see a Chinese venture, you will find it in a oil rich nation.

China may be on the rise and America is teetering, but Chinas rise is tenuous at best, it can still go either way. The next 2 to 4 years will tell.

Personally, I hope the U.S. government gets its act together. Bring back jobs, reward innovation, utilize our own resources to the maximum.

As for Red Dawn (the remake), they have changed the invaders to the NOKO’s. China got all in a tizzy about it and complained.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Oh this freaks me out, as it should freak every Mexican "in town" out too!

Seriously, just yesterday I caught a thread in the 'Really Above Top Secret', and although I understand it to be false and a deception (so far), there was one reference that I pondered over for a time.

I won't link it since it says not to, but the question remains more plausible now that I see that Mexico could be setting themselves up to be used by China.

I believe that if China pulled a fast one to get to our Borders, I could see Mexico breaking out the passionate side of themselves and sending them packing! Mexico, Mexicans, and the entire Cultural Expression is a part of America as much as it is Mexico; we are North Americans all the same and our familial ties are deep, especially on the Border!

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
And another front on the economic battlefield.

www.bloomberg.com...

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Also on the economic front is the megaport plan. They will have a very visible presence in the area.

www.longshoreshippingnews.com... on/

The Mexican government will finally launch in 2011 the tender for construction of the long-delayed mega-port at Punta Colonet, on the country’s Pacific Coast, Secretary of Communications & Transport Juan Francisco Molinar has announced.

Punta Colonet will take advantage of the transpacific trade, linking U.S. markets with Asian exporters, and competing with the ports of Long Beach and Panama.

The Mexican government plans to invest at least two billion dollars to develop the container port on more than five thousand acres, located 130 kilometers from Ensenada, and 240 from Tijuana.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
If America feels it has a right to have a presence in China's backyard why can't China also have a presence in America's?

The fact of the matter is you Americans are afraid of the Chinese because you know they are on the rise and America is in decline.

You feel threatened.

That's exactly why I feel threatened. I love China because they have a lot more history, their smarter, and just all around better. But they also practically own America and maybe they're coming to collect and repo America. We have every right to feel threatened because Mexico openly admitted that one day they'd invade the US and take what we stole. Granted we did steal a LOT of their land. My biggest question is I wonder if China will help Mexico with drug war which they need help, drastic help

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09

You feel threatened.

Call me crazy, but yes, a few of us American citizens are afraid. Sounds like that's OK with you, though. Would you be OK with them outright attacking America? Killing a few rednecks? Don't be so cavalier about it. If America's next, you're in line too, buddy.

/TOA

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

That's right Old American we have every right to feel threatened and afraid about this I mean jeeze this is a pretty big deal to us Americans. China is a becoming a web of power and every nation will be caught in it soon.

top topics

join