It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alcohol kills 75,000, a year, Help me ban it.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by antinwo101

Not sure if you won or not ?

99 points for ALL CAPS anyway

I'm with ya OP. And when they find they cannot legally ban something, they make analog laws so as to catch anything they can't really say is bad for you.

But for those saying 'Yeah Ban booze that'll teach those snobs!!" - bugger off, I drink!!

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
F*ck banning anything! I believe we should be able to use & ingest any substance we damn well please! Nobody should be able to tell us what we can and cannot put into our own bodies!

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I don't think any drugs should be banned only laws to help protect children. I think it's your body and you have the right to do with it what you please.

If you want to drink yourself retarded go for it. We need to stop trying to control other people. Thinking we have the right in the first place to tell another human how they should live their life just shows how insecure people can be.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I would never take a single right away from any of you.

Can you say the same thing to me.

By the way, do they have "Medical Alcohol" ?

Why do they want to take away my recreation ?

I can't even mention my flowery substance...

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I was ready to rip but nevermnd. :
: government needs to butt out.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Oh my goodness... reading comprehension has declined or what??

Poeple can you not see the irony?????

For those that don't understand here is a little clue

Originally posted by James1982
It doesn't appear anyone gets that the OP is making a point about the the legal status of other drugs.

All the reasons that Alcohol prohibition didn't work, are the same reasons that current drug prohibition doesn't work. Yet they aren't stopping that, yet.

I get it OP, and I support what your saying.

I'd go as far to say ban alcohol to punish all the closed minded drinkers out there. Of all the people in favor of drug prohibition, how many do you think drink? Probably most of them. If I can't have mine, you can't have yours. Tit for tat, no more alcohol for you! See how you like it! You criminal!
edit on 16-5-2011 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-5-2011 by anon102 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Do we really need another war on something? It's what it will amount to. Sure, alcohol kills, ruins lives, puts people in jail, etc. to the non responsible people(and the victims of alcohol). Though, why do the responsible people have to be regulated as well? Will banning another substance really stop criminals who may otherwise act out as such anyway...with alcohol or not...
Alcohol/energy drinks were already banned due to abuses by party going college students. Now cheap alcohol is more regulated. Not happy yet?
The bottom line the Gov., receives tax money from alcohol, as they do with cigarettes who also kills many people during the year. It's not going to go away anytime soon.

If the Gov., could regulate taxes for other substances, then they may be legal too.
edit on 17-5-2011 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by anon102

Oooooh Ok... thank you for highlighting this, cause now i get what the OP was getting at. LOL Sometimes when you mix exhibit A with exhibit B, the after effect is a bit stronger..
edit on 17-5-2011 by Weeeden because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Weeeden

That was funny...

If you don't use exhibit "A",

Can I still enjoy exhibit "B" ?

I think I might of hit a nerve...You know what's good for that ?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

In my opinion, Exhibit A and Exhibit B go hand in hand.. I don't really see the diff..but that's just my opinion. Anyhooo....*shuffles feet*

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Sorry talked it over with my buddy mr. Daniels.... he was aghast at the idea;the irony behind your post was not missed however;
: touche'

edit on 17-5-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Good thread. I especially liked the part about banning flowers. This is a subject that I have been known to daydream just what could we start a movement to ban that would impact the holier than thou people that are trying to ban anything that they have decided others shouldn't be doing. Maybe we could level higher taxes on them. Ban them from doing their thing in public places and even work towards making it illegal. Anyone got any ideas what activity important to them could be targeted?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

I used to personally know Mr.Daniels.

He can be quite persuasive.

I still miss him occasionally...

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Oh sure....let's just ban everything. Booze, smokes, fast food, fast cars, over-the-counter medicines, health foods, etc, etc, etc.

Hey!! While we're at it...let's just ban personal responsibility altogether and we can just allow the gov't. to tell us what we need, what we can eat, what to wear, what to buy. We won't ever have to exercise our own common sense ever again!! Sweet huh? Apparently common sense is dying of lack of exercise anyway.

(Sarcasm at its finest)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Thanks to everybody who actually read my thread.

2nd line........Sheesh.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

Good luck with that...

I agree alcohol is bad for you and I even partake in it.

It kills and destroys lives and families.

It does amaze me what is illegal and what isn't....

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere
I am simply pointing out the hypocrisy of this issue.

I know my history. Prohibition has never worked for any substance.

This thread is of course is...Tongue in cheek.

I was wondering how many posts it would take for someone to get your point. Spot on, S & F.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

I was a little disappointed with the knee jerk reactions.

I thought more people would see my point.

To be fair...I did post it around midnight.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

I was a little disappointed with the knee jerk reactions.

I thought more people would see my point.

To be fair...I did post it around midnight.

Hey, at least I have an excuse... i was drinking!!!!
extra typing here...

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
If you are opposed to using alcohol, then don't drink.

However, don't try to take away something that I enjoy. Two to four times a week, I have a glass of red wine.

Why do you think that you have the right to take that away from me?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join