It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alcohol kills 75,000, a year, Help me ban it.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
This drug (Alcohol) has been linked to an uncountable number of deaths.

TextAlcohol abuse kills some 75,000 Americans each year and shortens the lives of these people by an average of 30 years, a U.S. government study suggested.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Join Me in "BANNING" it. We can create an entire industry stopping people from using it.

What, this sounds crazy ?

Hitting a little too close to home ?

You don't like it when they want to ban your recreational drug of choice ?

Next we will "BAN" flowers...Too late, we already did.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

I'm pretty sure the Government already tried banning it a long time ago.

We all know how that turned out, right?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Dude are you insane? Doing this will only bring another Mexico. In the 1920s crime skyrocketed due to rival gangs killing each other over the control of the alcohol black market

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Should also ban cigarettes.

Of course I speak blasphemy ...

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
you remember what happened last time the US did that?

The backlash and consequences were worse...

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

I don't drink. But i'd support a ban; its just i have a hard time telling other people how to live their life so hey. I Guess just keep drinking and poisoning your body because thats exactly what it does.

But when it comes to drunk drivers and killing people in Car Accidents this is what makes me think about banning alcohol.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Already has been done read up on your history

Prohibition created a black market that competed with the formal economy, which already was under pressure.[clarification needed] Roosevelt was elected based on the New Deal, which promised improvement to the economy that was only possible if the formal economy competed successfully against various economic forces, including the effects of prohibition's black market. This influenced his support for ratifying the 21st amendment, which repealed the 18th amendment that had established prohibition.[34]

Prohibition in the United States
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
It doesn't appear anyone gets that the OP is making a point about the the legal status of other drugs.

All the reasons that Alcohol prohibition didn't work, are the same reasons that current drug prohibition doesn't work. Yet they aren't stopping that, yet.

I get it OP, and I support what your saying.

I'd go as far to say ban alcohol to punish all the closed minded drinkers out there. Of all the people in favor of drug prohibition, how many do you think drink? Probably most of them. If I can't have mine, you can't have yours. Tit for tat, no more alcohol for you! See how you like it! You criminal!
edit on 16-5-2011 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Dear whyamIhere

Here we have the reincarnation of Alphonse Capone.

It is my opinion that all drugs should be made legal.

Before you jump on me I do not drink more than one shot a day or take any other mind altering drugs. Well apart from tobacco.

The one and only reason you have a drug problem is because they are illegal.

Now there is a conspiracy all on its own.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Yes it kills alot per year, but that is taking someones free will , if you don't agree with it , don't do it, dont spoil it for others.
Personally i hate alcohol but i wouldn't ban it for that reason ,

Remember people (Everything in moderation ) Know your limits.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere
This drug (Alcohol) has been linked to an uncountable number of deaths.
You don't like it when they want to ban your recreational drug of choice ?

This should have been a dead give away for what the op was really trying to say and yet people have failed to see the irony.

Or perhaps I'm reading too much into this.
edit on 16-5-2011 by anon102 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I am simply pointing out the hypocrisy of this issue.

I know my history. Prohibition has never worked for any substance.

This thread is of course is...Tongue in cheek.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by anon102

Thank You.....

and a Star.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by anon102

As I said in my previous post, I don't think anybody is getting it. I'm glad you are though, lol.

Some people's kids eh?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Let me finish my box of bagged wine and I'll be over to help you. (burp).

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

my apologies I thought you are a supporter of NeoProhibition. Sadly my dad believes that we should return to the era of Prohibition

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
WOW WOW WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWW! WAIT A MINUTE! HELP BAN ALCOHOL? REALLY? WHY SO THAT CAN BE ANOTHER THING THE GOVERNMENT HAS CONTROL OF? DON'T THINK SO! THE REASON IT KILLS PEOPLE IS BECAUSE THE ABUSE IT! SO ARE THEY GOING TO BAN TYLENOL? BECAUSE ABUSING THAT CAN KILL YOU TOO! I BY ALL MEANS AM NOT A DRINKER...BUT ON OCCASION I DO ENJOY A GLASS OF WINE WITH A GOOD ITALIAN DISH AND I WILL BE GO TO HELL IF THE GOVERNMENT TELLS ME I CAN'T DO ONE MORE THING ESPECIALLY AS SOMETHING AS A SMALL GLASS OF WINE!
edit on 16-5-2011 by antinwo101 because: MESSED UP

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I just laughed, in a pretty drunken way, when i drunkenly read that... I had to try to, in my 3 glass giddy state, explain to my husband why I laughed at that moment.
Thanks for the laugh!!
WHY would you want to ban it? Not everyone who drinks, drives (I don't!!) and causes accidents!! I don't believe I drink enough to cause cancer.. I get a good glow after 2 and a half glasses of red wine, and that's good enough for me a couple times a week.. Don't take that away from me!!! pleaaaaaaaaaaase...

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Heard of Alcoholaden? Google it
2.bp.blogspot.com...
edit on 17-5-2011 by confreak because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
How about instead of banning alcohol or other harmful substances, we ban stupid people instead.

And by that I mean execute them, or give them a lobotomy if you're squeamish about execution. If you get a DUI say within one year of turning 21 you get whatever people are getting now(i.e. prison, fines,...whatever) after you turn 22 "Your Out" do not pass go do not collect $200. You are put to death or your brain becomes mush and you can go work on a farm or something.

This will go for all "Drugs" prescription, illegal, alcohol, or otherwise. If you put another persons life at risk through your actions, it's game over. You are allowed one learning experience from which you can correct your self while you are 21. If you commit your 1 offense after you turn 22, Oh well you should have known better.

I think it's worth a shot.
edit on 17-5-2011 by watchitburn because: spelling

edit on 17-5-2011 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join