It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I saw something over the ocean tonight...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Dastardly666

wait... does this mean i should report this to MUFON? if so, how does one go about doing so? im kinda a n00b with this kind of thing.....

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jassie51289

No. Really don't bother...

Can you give us some EXIF info?

edit on 18-5-2011 by healthysceptic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Making an official report always is up to the person themselves. All data is useful though and the pics are actually pretty damn good. Kudos for catching them and big kudos for the third one, that shows the *orbs* people often see more clearly than just about any other photo I've yet seen. if nothing else, I'd contact MUFON because that pic alone, is worthy of being added to the record.

Don;t worry about anyone saying...Oh it's just alight in the sky, I have rarely seen such an accurate representation of what many people have seen and described. Doesn't make it an alien ship by any means, however it is clear stable image with context. Good stuff and well done for keeping your wits about yourself, there's a lot more. "wordily" types just lose it when faced with this sort of situation.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
wow great photos reminds me of the orbs ive read about in british columbia! Nice find!

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by healthysceptic

EXIF??? sorry, not familiar with this term...?

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

thank you!!! this is my first time getting something like this on camera. and one of the very few times i've ever seen anything i cant explain. and i believe my first or second post ever on ATS, so all the feedback is wonderful, but the positive encouragement is nice. =]

i read so many threads with people bashing others and i was almost afraid to post, but i had photos and a story, along with a news story and a military response. so i felt slightly compelled to share.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by speaknoevil07

aw, thank you! i always have a camera on me and a small tripod in my purse, just in case anything amazing ever happens. this was the first time i've ever caught anything like this on camera, but i hope eventually there will be more awesome and unexplainable things i catch! =] my eyes are always open! =]

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by healthysceptic
reply to post by jassie51289

No. Really don't bother...

Can you give us some EXIF info?

edit on 18-5-2011 by healthysceptic because: (no reason given)

EXIF info can only be obtained from an original unaltered picture. These do not contain any data. Plus they are altered.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by jassie51289
reply to post by healthysceptic

EXIF??? sorry, not familiar with this term...?

EXIF data is like DNA for photos. Gives all the info of the photo such as date, time, exposure settings, type of camera, whether it was edited in a photo editing software, etc etc. While some can manipulate it, it often helps in aiding the finding of hoaxes....and aiding in seeing the exposure settings to see if maybe an object (like light) is a result of long exposure (for example)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

yeah. i ran all these photos through corel paint shop pro to crop and add arrows. i will try to put up the original photo =]

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

ok, i tried to upload the unaltered photo like i did the current ones, and once it completes, it just goes to a white screen. is Photobucket at option instead?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jassie51289

wait... does this mean i should report this to MUFON? if so, how does one go about doing so? im kinda a n00b with this kind of thing.....

I would say report it. What you saw was a UFO. The bit about the military helicopters makes it interesting.

I believe there is a form to fill out when you click the top right corner on the homepage of MUFON's website.

www.mufon.com...

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

awesome, thank you for the link! i totally reported it. i figured it couldn't hurt, right? =D

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Oh, I went to Myrtle Beach last summer for a week vacation and saw the same thing! I tried to get a picture but my camera sucks. I'm hoping to see them again this year.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
The third pic shows the light "flashing", and given it's regular path (and fading in, then getting bright and fading out), I have to agree with the official explanation. It was space junk/ a meteor.

Good job providing pics though, that seems to be becoming a rarity in this forum.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
What I saw wasn't space junk. They were these orange/red glowing "orb" type things, pretty low in the sky, that just appeared and then would either quickly fade or just blink out but didn't move their position. They would appear at different points in the sky but did not seem to be flying or moving anywhere, unless they did so after their light was not visible. I viewed them on and off for about 2 hours before they just blinked out and never appeared again.

I did some research after I saw them and found that these lights are a pretty common occurrence over the southeastern Atlantic coastline. There are a couple of videos on YouTube but they're really not that great. Unless you have a really good (read: expensive) camera, it's hard to get decent images at night. The OP's images are great and show exactly what my family and I saw. I still am wondering what they are.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by CoherentlyConfused

Since you mention the south atlantic I would recommend this thread to you, maybe you'll find this interesting:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 20/5/11 by Droogie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Very interesting. Im still waiting for my first sighting. Hope I have a camera handy like you did!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join