It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I saw something over the ocean tonight...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
First off, im on the east coast. beach facing east south east. almost at the NC SC border.

Its a full moon tomorrow (but supposed to be a washout here, so i went to the beach tonight to take pics). I usually go to the beach on full moons, eclipses,storms, hurricanes, water spouts and meteor showers to get some awesome photos. Tonight was the same, i had my family with me ( mom, brother, 2 daughters). there were plenty of other people on the beach as well, it was a warm clear summer night after all.

Then as i was holding the shutter down with my bulb setting on my camera, i was staring over the horizon, when suddenly 2 orange orbs appeared. they quickly dissolved (idk how else to describe it) i tried to move my camera to catch them, and suddenly another one appeared, and faded just as quick. but i caught it on my camera faintly. i continued taking photos with long shutter in hopes of catching more of these "orbs", and i caught 2 in my photos. but there were more, i just missed them ( had the camera pointing slightly off, dang it!)

At this point everyone was talking about them. some people left because they were scared it was going to crash and cause a huge wave. others said "its like clover field" and most just stayed and watched on in amazement.

these orbs happened several times. the first, 2 appear from up in the sky. like someone throwing a glowing bouncy ball directly at you, they had no tail almost. the faded into existence, got super bright, and the faded back out in a matter of seconds. 2 right beside each other (left one first then the right one and then went away at the same time.), then the were gone and a 3rd one appeared to the left of the other two. about 20 minutes after that, and other one appeared, only larger than any of the previous three. there was no noise other than the ocean. shortly after that, 3 appeared at the same time, only SUPER close, like a plane over head, but still no noise. then one final one was faint in the distance. Everyone was glued to the sky. about 30-45 mins after the last orb seen, military helicopters flew in from the south and north. we heard them coming. the paralleled the coast with lights on as normal. then the lights stopped, we could still hear them but could not see them in the dark. it gave everyone there an eerie feeling. very uneasy.

i asked the local news, and they had no word of anything going on off shore tonight. I've lived near marine and army bases my entire life. i know what planes are like. i can tell you the type of plane just by the sound usually. i know what lights are for planes and which are for helicopters. i know what kind of things they do during practices. These lights were not anything that was flying. If i had to guess i'd say, ball lightening, a meteor falling at a straight angle to us, giving it a small tail and almost no sense of falling or a UFO. I have no idea what they are though, im just guessing blindly. So any and all opinions are welcomed!

I have photos, but im not sure how to embed them. so they are on my Facebook page here:

*SNIP*
MOD NOTE: Please do not post personal identifying information. Load your pictures on MATS - Media ATS

thank you for reading, sorry if its rambley, im still super stoked about this!!!! so exciting!!!!

edit on May 16th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-5-2011 by jassie51289 because: insert photos

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jassie51289

I know you are excited, but its almost impossible to see what you are seeing in these pics. It would help if u could highlight the orbs....

I believe you though...just wish i could see it.

Seems like the lake erie lights?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

i tried to crop them, but i will go through and make them more obvious. i wish my camera took a better photo of them! =[

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jassie51289
reply to post by amongus

i tried to crop them, but i will go through and make them more obvious. i wish my camera took a better photo of them! =[

Please do not post your facebook here. It is not safe to post your personal indentifying information here.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
If they faded out so quickly that would be consistent with ball lighting.. a few seconds.

Unless it was clearly lit for more than 10 seconds I think we can discount aliens lol.

small pdf on ball lightning

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

ball lightening was my first thought, or military flares. but this was HUGE. it glowed and flickered. started off small and faint, then got brighter, and brighter, until returning to the faint light and disappearing. and it didnt really move around, just like a falling star, that was falling at you. and it fizzled into nothingness. It was creepy, and the military helicopters going out after didnt help anyone out there on the beach. Either way, it was awesome in my book. hahaha

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Really hard to distinguish much of anything from your pics, must have been pretty exciting to see though.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by jassie51289
reply to post by amongus

What I love about your post is that you provided pics, then shortly thereafter provided the requested pointers.

While I disagree with ball lightening, I think there is something very genuine about your presentation.

Much props to you, and wish I could have seen it in person!

And I agree w GEL, watch providing links to your personal account.

edit on 17-5-2011 by amongus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
This seems on the face of it a very genuine experience and as others have said it must have been both exciting and a little scary to see what you thought was UFO's or aliens. I think we can easily discount ball lightning in this case because to me there doesn't look like any signs of a thunderstorm or any other significant weather event taking place which would cause ball lightning. Your pictures are impressive. I'm guessing you probably seen a whole range of lights as the last image suggests there are at least 2-3 UFO's?! I'm intrigued as to why military helicopters flew over - was it in the direction of the lights? How many were there? Perhaps it may have been a test flight and the military were flying over to give a false sense of security...

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I think the fading out quickly is known to be those chinese party lanterns, they have candles inside that just burn out.They usually are orange balls.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

I saw something like this a couple of weeks ago and I'm on the east coast US as well. At first it looked like a low star, bright white but it was moving...a bit slower than a plane in fact a plane crossed it's path slightly above it. There was no flickering but it was very bright, it changed colors...I can't exactly remember the colors it changed to now but the last color was red and looked exactly like one of your photo's and then it just simply faded out and was gone. There was still some twilight and I have really good vision and I couldn't make out anything after the glow was gone. If I had seen this on a video I would for sure think it was a lantern but seeing it with my own eyes I'm fairly sure it wasn't. I'm left with thinking it was ball lightning or a "UFO", either way it was cool and I was awestruck.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorT

there were two helicopters that flew out to it within 30-45 mins after the last ORB. the news finally got back to it. Everyone in this area was startled by it. and thankfully i have photos, as low quality as they are, it made them have to answer it. the last word given by military (early this morning) is "space junk" fell and they had to go make sure it was safe and didnt hurt any boaters. ohh well.... it was awesome bright orange space junk. made my night! =]

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

my brother and i go to the beach all the time and we see orbs that change colors often. we have a lot of weird experiences there with orbs. but last night there were so many and vivid orange. people on the beach seemed really worried. and for once i got it on camera, kinda. hahah if only i had a telephoto lens! =[ the military helicopters flew to the area with no lights on after then turned into the ocean side of shore. they said this morning it was fallen space debris "space junk". =/

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Somebody spilled tang on the camera lense

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Thats not "space junk" thats alien space craft coming.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Thanks for sharing your interesting story.

I found an article regarding witnesses in Missouri seeing something similar a day or two before your sighting.

www.examiner.com...

According to the article, the sightings were reported to MUFON.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

The third image is the most interesting because your orb is bracketed by two ballistic contrails. Explains why helicopters were seen 30 mins afterward. Good eye. AX

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Those are some of the best looking pics I've seen in a long time, including your own pic of yourself.

Thank-you for posting the pics of these strange orange orbs. It's quite possible that you have witnessed one or more foofighter's masquerading as ball lighting.

The helicopter part has really got me stoked; especially with their space debris story.

Smells like another UFO coverup to me again.

Thank's, and please keep us posted on any other abnormal events.

Foofighter's forever.

Erno86

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Erno86

aw thank you!!! i hope they are something as awesome as foo fighters. i refused to buy the whole "space junk" idea. apparently this sort of "orange orb" over the ocean thing is common. im still digging though.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

GREAT JOB...........keep watching and keep that camera handy......

you did very well. forget the naysayes.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join