It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Serious Discussion on Rain Man - Specifically Eminem's song - Pointless or Illuminati

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Reply to post by iamsupermanv2

yeah i agree.

to me the whole illuminati mainstream conspiracy theory is just smoke and mirrors for the real conspiracy.

wich is exploiting people's fears thus controlling them.

sadly it works.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by iamsupermanv2

How could you not see a pattern here?

I for one, believe that pop music is indeed a product of the occult.

1. It enhances the egos of those who make and listen to it
2. It appeals to the lowest common denominator of society
3. There's no way that Lady Gaga could have pulled stuff out of her own ass. She obviously had "help", along with Rihanna and any other Project Monarch asset.

It's not that far fetched.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
This has been a very thoughtful discussion, and I believe comes way closer to the truth than "The Music Industry EXPOSED" did. I was very taken by the Rain Man symbolism, among other things in the documentary, but most of what the doc sells as evidence is really just far-stretched opinion..

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

Hmmmm, I'm a huge Eminem fan, listened for a long time....I'm not so sure when he raps he's talking about himself through the whole track. Meaning he changes back and forth through the track. I think he's making fun of the industry, pop culture, political correctness and religion all in one rap, they are Rain man. As part of the industry he sees first hand, he's become Rain man too... I'll listen again
I think his lyrics are genius, but I'm a fan so...
edit on 5/17/2011 by JohnnyR because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Oh I see a pattern.

The pattern is they all sell billions

They all abruptly change their "persona"

They all get a big record deal and become something different.

It's called business.

There are plenty of these artists who I enjoy. But they all have the same thing in common:they know what sells.

There really is nothing occult, nothing sinister about it. Artist wants to make money, said artist goes to a company that will promote them the best. Artist makes money. Company makes even more.

If all of this illuminati/the powers that be crap was real we would NOT be talking about it.

It's a fun fairy tale, but it's just that, a fairy tale.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   

If you watch the movie Rain Man you would recognize the opening is a play on the character's mental problems. Then he talks about losing his memory and having no brain. It goes along with the title of the song and the movie. Sorry, but this is a non starter.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I'll quote myself on my perspective;

Originally posted by OleMB

That's exactly right. The biggest "mistake" I see people do is believing that these people write their own songs. That would make all the illuminati symbolism arbitrary and meaningless. But that is not the case; someone is writing the songs for them, and they put symbolism in every aspect from clothing, lyrics, music video etc, and the symbolism obviously mean something to them. The most ludicrous argument I ever hear is that "conspiracy stuff and illuminati is getting really popular, so artist put it in their song to make more money". Come on. No, somebody is doing this stuff from behind the scene, and there seems to be a point to all of it.

"I look at music like a puzzle, like I'm trying to figure out what I'm gonna say on it...Figure out the emotion of the track, what it's saying...then I go to my Rain-Man."

Jay-Z (J esus C hrist?)

Many of you know of about the immense referencing to a certain Rain-Man that has been going on for decades. Some think its Moloch, other think it's Lucifer. That may be the case, but I also think a Rain-Man is an artist-mentor, writing the songs and deciding where they are gonna be and when. Pretty much everything, and he is of course Illuminated.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
i recommend you watch Welcome To Death Row:The Rise & Fall Of Death Row Records

www.youtube.com...

it explains how the music industry works towards the end they show how Aftermath the label Eminem and Dr Dre are on And How Jimmiy iovine and David keener our snakes of the music industry

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Circular Universe
This has been a very thoughtful discussion, and I believe comes way closer to the truth than "The Music Industry EXPOSED" did. I was very taken by the Rain Man symbolism, among other things in the documentary, but most of what the doc sells as evidence is really just far-stretched opinion..

That documentary made me mad to be honest. Lol it was just a little too biased for me. I'm open to a lot of theories on this issue. Either way it sounds nice. haha

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyR

Hmmmm, I'm a huge Eminem fan, listened for a long time....I'm not so sure when he raps he's talking about himself through the whole track. Meaning he changes back and forth through the track. I think he's making fun of the industry, pop culture, political correctness and religion all in one rap, they are Rain man. As part of the industry he sees first hand, he's become Rain man too... I'll listen again
I think his lyrics are genius, but I'm a fan so...
edit on 5/17/2011 by JohnnyR because: (no reason given)

He has characters that he raps as. Hmmm maybe he's gloating in that song. That he is the personification of Money and Fame. Who knows.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeNice81

Can you link me to the imdb page of this movie? Is it a movie movie or a documentary?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I think it's a pointless silly song.As at the time Eminem was on drugs at the time.I also don't believe anyone in the music industry is part of the illuminati as I don't think the illuminati exists IMHO

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
It is impossible to sell your soul to the devil. If it wasn't impossible, everyone would be doing it!

These songwriters are using allegory and symbolism. The money is the devil. The fame is the devil. The drugs and sex and obscuring of boundaries is the devil. Being surrounded by yes men is the devil.

Instant stardom and riches can warp a person severely, and since they are a cash cow, nobody is going to tell them how warped they are. Instead, everyone around them pushes them further and further over the edge to get a little piece for themselves.

The only conspiracy in the entertainment industry is the way managers and producers use young new artists as merchandise. They package them, market them, use them up, and then throw them away. There is no regard for the individual person, only the product.

Coaches used to do the same thing to athletes, and they still do to a certain extent. Some men do this to young women. Some women do this to wealthy men. Some parents do this to children.

The devil is us. There is no conspiracy, only dark human nature.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

IMDB Plot Summary

It is a 1988 movie starring Tom Cruise and Dustin Hoffman. Rain Man is the character Raymond played by Dustin Hoffman. The character is an autistic savant. He repeatedly says "yeah, yeah yeah, yeah" while trying to get across a point.

Eminem's part about losing his memory is about Tom Cruises character Charlie. He forgot he ever had a brother untill his dad died. His dad left his brother all of the money. Later in the movie Charlie remembers Raymond as his older brother and why he called him Rain Man.

Here is the kicker, Rain Man's brother kidnaps him from a mental hospital. As he takes Raymond across the country he tempts Raymond with all the excesses of life. He is trying to teach him to enjoy the pleasures/vices of life. Then he finds out that Raymond has a gift for numbers and tries to exploit it for personal gain. However, in the end Charlie sees the error of his ways and allows Rain Main to return to the life he has always known.

I think what Eminem is saying is that the entertainment is like Charlie Babbet. They will introduce you to vices of all types to keep you around while they exploit your talent. Then they will toss you out when they have milked you dry.

That is something I have said myself. The industry eats young idealistic kids for breakfast. It exploits anything that makes money in the name of "art." Too bad it is really just naked greed. Get Ready summed it up best in his post.

I also believe that it comes from Eminem wanting to return to a "normal" life. He rapped a lot about retiring and taking time to raise his daughters. Part of the underlying meaning might be that he wanted to retire, but obligations (such as contracts) prevented that from happening. He might have felt that he was being held hostage by his deals with Aftermath and other rappers.

A lot of specultion, I know. If you look at Eminem's career across the years and the actual movie Rain Man it isn't very sinister. It is a "savant" using his one gift to express how lost he feels in a world he doesn't understand.

edit on 17-5-2011 by MikeNice81 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-5-2011 by MikeNice81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Here's a great video that will definitely help promote discussion. It goes into current mainstream music and shows you in the lyrics and videos all the masonic and satanic symbols

Before I knew of any of this, I've always hated the music of today, and that all began in 2000. And it pisses me off that I hate the music of today and thats because I should be at least 50 years old before I say that. But I do, I hate it all and now it makes sense

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Here you want the answer you were looking for...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join