It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've Dreamed Proven Predictions of the Future - How is this Possible?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
For the past four years I've been writing down my dreams. I don't write down every single one. Sometimes I don't have time to sit down and write it down before I forget it. Some stay in my memory for a long time, and others disappear from my memory within a few minutes. Sometimes I'm very bad at writing them down, so even if I've had a significant one, I might let it go unwritten, and eventually it will be forgotten.

Recently I decided to go back to the beginning and read some of the dreams I had written down. I wasn't expecting anything extraordinary. As I was reading through them, I spotted a few that seemed to come to pass. They weren't 100% spot on, but they were fairly close. It was enough to make me wonder, but not exactly proof beyond a doubt. It could have been a coincidence.

As I continued to read them, suddenly I stumbled on one that completely floored me. This dream was described in three short sentences. At the time it seemed so insignificant! Thinking back on it, I'm actually surprised I even wrote it down. In my dream I saw myself working in a small office building with big glass windows, making fliers. Making fliers didn't occur to me as a dream job, or even a possibility since I had absolutely no knowledge or experience in that field. It made no sense to me at the time, but six months later by complete chance it happened.

Five months after having that dream I came into a surprise situation where I desperately needed additional income. I was looking for full or part time employment with anyone who was willing to hire me. I was open to anything, so I posted my resume and waited for a response. I was contacted by a business owner who saw my work. Although my work experience was in a different field, he felt that I would work out nicely for his business. I went to the interview not knowing what to expect or what king of responsibilities I would be given. It wasn't clarified to me until I arrived in his office. He explained to me that his company creates and mails fliers and letters for other companies and businesses. Although my resume contained nothing that would suggest I might be compatible with this sort of work, he felt I was a perfect fit. After a lengthy interview I was hired, and started the following week. I was very happy to have the job. It fulfilled my need.

At that time I didn't even remember I had written down any dream in relation to this. It was two years later (one month ago from today) that I found it and realized how incredibly accurate it was. Not only was I making fliers, but I was working in a small office building, and my office had an entire wall of glass windows! The dream was 100% accurate, occurring a full six months before it actually happened! I still haven't a clue what to think of it. How is it possible?

I've had other dreams that were fascinatingly close to what the future would bring me. Unfortunately it hasn't been anything significant to the world. It's never a prediction about earthquakes, tsunamis, wars and so forth, it's usually something personal to me. When these 'prophetic' dreams happen, there's nothing about them that would tell me they are more significant than others. Intensity or vividness doesn't seem to coincide with how close they come to predicting anything.

One other accurate example was a dream I had a few years ago. It happened the night before a trip to Mexico. I dreamed of a giant ladybug. It was the size of a big turtle. When I woke up I thought it was strange, but when my sister told me that she dreamed about a huge swarm of ladybugs, I shared my dream with her and we laughed about it. As odd as that was, we went on to forget about it. Later that day we were in Mexico standing on a cliff overlooking the ocean, when suddenly a large swarm of ladybugs filled the air around us. Some landed on our backs and shoulders, some hovered, some continued to fly past us. I've never seen a swarm of ladybugs before. That's when I remembered our dreams. My sister's dream was more accurate, because she dreamed of a swarm of ladybugs. I dreamed of a giant ladybug, which probably symbolized the swarm as a whole. I'd say on a scale of accuracy, this one was at least a 7 out of 10.

While for many of you this is not solid proof of anything, I feel differently. I generally chalk things up to coincidence, but this seemingly insignificant dream I can't toss away. It came out of nowhere, it proved to me to be extremely accurate, and I forgot about it almost as soon as I was finished writing it down. I did not actively seek out a job in advertising, I did not have a need for that job until other outside circumstances forced me to look for additional employment five months later,.....and I did not find it, it found me.

Where do these dreams come from? How are they possible? Are they just a massive coincidence, or proof of something else? What's the purpose of having them when we don't recognize immediately that they are trying to tell us something? What's the point of having them? I'm trying to understand this on a scientific level. Where do our minds wander while we sleep, and how do they do it???

Have you had 80-100% accurate prediction dreams?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by 2manyquestions

Cool! I believe you.

Back in 2009, December, my sister was visiting home from college. She told me about her new b/f. I had a dream that weekend that she got pregnant with a baby boy. I told her and my mother the next morning. The day she left I was not able to say good bye to her because I had to go to work early so I wrote her a note telling her to PLEASE use condoms, because of my dream. Come March 2010 she is pregnant with a baby boy.
Well, can't say she wasn't warned.

ETA This has been my one and only dream of my sister getting pregnant.

Also, my dad, who is pretty damn logical and does not really believe in the super natural, had a dream when he was a child of a bridge in Kamloops BC. Years later, the very same bridge he had dreamt about was built.
edit on 16-5-2011 by seeker11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Marking this thread via phone so i can send u2u when i get on computer.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker11

Those are a couple of great prediction dreams! While girls with boyfriends sometimes tend to get pregnant and there's a 50/50 percent chance of being right about the sex of the baby, that's still pretty good.
Your dad's dream is somewhat more bizarre, and pretty cool. He must have been shocked to find it standing one day.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

You are not alone
The first real life altering precog dream I had put me in the hospital for about a week. I had a complete break down between the situation at the time that the dream came from and the fact it was my dream the night before just didn't sit well with me mentally.

I have had these kinds of dreams for most of my life. It is weird how you dream something and then it happens or something from your dream shows up the next day. It's like deja vu in your sleep, or that is how I see it sometimes..like I lived it before when it happens because I dreamt it. I also get crazy deja vu but that is another story.

Here is a thread I did on one of my most disturbing dreams that I hope never comes true.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Perhaps you'd be able to steer those dreams into something grand... The World sure needs it!

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

I think we should all read " A stranger in a strange land" by Robert heinlein. Upon his return from Mars, the lead, Valentine Michael Smith had a dream as well. If I remember correctly they killed him as a result! I have had several precog dreams, also a voice told me to slow down in a Mexican hotels lobby. The voice was quite specific and not my inner dialogue. "If you don't slow down you will break your ankle." A minute later I am sitting on a wet pool deck with a broken leg and my ankle ligament almost torn off. And the scars to prove it.Rad an interesting novel once, believe it was called "Babel" The author pointed out how we are divorced from the present by a nanosecond, the time it takes for our nerves to register stimuli send it to our brains and have it processed. Since our thoughts are instantaneous and originate from within, who is to say from whence they came, and which time. Something to think about

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
my first "predictive dream" I was 9. Was dreaming the house was on fire and we were trapped. I woke up scared as heck and ran to my moms room. (of course, lol) well she was passed out drunk and wouldnt wake up. I happened to look on the bedside table and her paper lamp shade was tilted touching the bulb. I stared as I watched a tiny whole burn bigger! I moved the lamp shade and went to bed.

Mine are always personal, and not often. But I can tell by the dream sometimes.its just a "knowing" feeling for me. I've only had about 10 maybe? I tend to have nightmares more often that seem real and even if I wake up, I get sucked eight back where I left off.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

You are not alone
The first real life altering precog dream I had put me in the hospital for about a week. I had a complete break down between the situation at the time that the dream came from and the fact it was my dream the night before just didn't sit well with me mentally.

I have had these kinds of dreams for most of my life. It is weird how you dream something and then it happens or something from your dream shows up the next day. It's like deja vu in your sleep, or that is how I see it sometimes..like I lived it before when it happens because I dreamt it. I also get crazy deja vu but that is another story.

Here is a thread I did on one of my most disturbing dreams that I hope never comes true.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

That is a very interesting dream you had. I also hope that it never materializes, but who knows?! Anything is possible. Wars can erupt anytime anywhere for numerous unforeseen reasons. It could be a biological weapons attack, an unintended disaster, or a civil war breaking out. That's the trouble with these dreams. You just never know which one will sneak into your reality, and when. The only thing that's clear is the fact that it shocks you when you see evidence of it in the real world around you. You start wondering "What movies did I watch last night? Did I see a photograph or program somewhere making mention of this? Did I subconsciously overhear someone talking about it? Did I read it in a magazine or book?" If you find those pictures of uniforms and gas masks, I'd love to take a look. The fact that you had never seen these buildings before is fascinating. It reminds me of a dream my dad reluctantly shared with us once:

Some 20 years ago my father had a very frightening dream. We were living in Europe at the time, so the events he witnessed in his vision were strange and out of place. He dreamed that he woke up, sat up in his bed and saw a strange being standing in the corner of the room. He couldn't tell if it was human, ghostly or alien, stranger or friend. This being gave him a vision. During the vision he saw that we were standing high up on a hill watching houses below being consumed in flames. If I remember correctly it was post earthquake, and he noticed that all the houses were constructed from wooden frames. In Europe we never experienced an earthquake, and buildings are constructed out of brick and cement. The being told him to spread this message to other people, but when he woke up he had no intention of sounding like a lunatic. He shared the dream only with my mom, and made her promise she wouldn't tell anyone. Two years later we decided to immigrate to the U.S. We had no idea what part of the U.S. we would end up in. You don't really get to choose where you want to go when you apply for a green card. Social services places you wherever they decide. Our destination turned out to be California. Not only is California prone to earthquakes, but to my dad's shock and horror, he soon learned that houses here were constructed out of wooden frames just like the wooden frames he saw burning in his dream.
So.... was his dream prophetic? Who knows. It's been 20 years since he had the dream, but he remembers it like it was yesterday. We live in earthquake-prone territory, houses are being constructed out of wooden frames, and a couple of years ago my parents moved to a place that is high up on a hill. Will his prediction come true, or was it just a coincidental dream? Maybe we'll never know. I'm hoping it won't come true, but the likelihood of it happening seems quite possible.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Americanist

Perhaps you'd be able to steer those dreams into something grand... The World sure needs it!

If only I knew how. Even if I was able to predict a few things important to human kind, I'm not sure anyone would believe me. There are too many "psychics" predicting this that and the other every single day. My predictions (even if accurate) would be drowned out in a crowd of doom-sayers.

I recently dreamed of being in the middle of a Cuban revolution. I dreamed that I was in the streets of Cuba, and people were running back and forth. Somebody warned me to be careful, because it was a dangerous time. I wouldn't want to get beat up. People were fed up with their Government and began rising against it. The fight wasn't extremely violent. There was violence happening in some areas, but it wasn't what you would expect out of a revolution. It wasn't like Egypt. There was a lack of cars on the street. Most people either walked, ran, or rode bicycles. It was completely random and out of nowhere, so who knows! Maybe the Cubans will soon free themselves from Fidel Castro?
Or maybe it was just one of those insignificant dreams. I suppose Cuba is ripe for a regime change, so maybe the dream will turn out to be coincidental. I'm going to look into Cuba and see what's going on out there lately. Haven't seen anything on the news about Cuba in a while.

EDIT: To say that Cuba is now under Raul Castro, not Fidel Castro. This just shows how out of touch I am on news from Cuba.

edit on 17-5-2011 by 2manyquestions because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2manyquestions

That is a very interesting dream you had. I also hope that it never materializes, but who knows?! Anything is possible. Wars can erupt anytime anywhere for numerous unforeseen reasons. It could be a biological weapons attack, an unintended disaster, or a civil war breaking out. That's the trouble with these dreams. You just never know which one will sneak into your reality, and when. The only thing that's clear is the fact that it shocks you when you see evidence of it in the real world around you. You start wondering "What movies did I watch last night? Did I see a photograph or program somewhere making mention of this? Did I subconsciously overhear someone talking about it? Did I read it in a magazine or book?" If you find those pictures of uniforms and gas masks, I'd love to take a look. The fact that you had never seen these buildings before is fascinating. It reminds me of a dream my dad reluctantly shared with us once:

Agreed! I was really shocked when I saw those things in my real waking life since there was no way I could have seen them before. That is what usually gets me, when I see something in my dream in real life esp when it's something wild like that.

Wow that is some dream to have and to still remember it all these years later. Some dreams really do stick with you though. I had one as a child about ghosts constantly, but I stopped having it as an adult. It was still scary because I would have that dream a few times a year. I could draw a picture of it and it would scare me to death now probably.

Dreams are an interesting thing. I have always been interested in them because of the kinds that I have. If I have a really vivid one or lucid one I try to write it down because I know my dreams are telling me something, I just have to figure out what and why.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Precognitive dreams are probably fairly common. I figure almost everybody has them, but there are many, many people who just don't remember their dreams for whatever reason, so the majority go unnoticed and unremarked upon. It's also pretty difficult to tell before-the-fact whether a dream is just a dream or something prophetic, much less whether the dream is a literal depiction or a symbolic one, unless you are an expert on your own dreams.

I've had a few, and I've known when some of those were predicting something. I saved my best buddy in junior high school from getting hit by a bus because of a warning from a dream.

It is very much possible for the human mind to glimpse possible future events. Einstein was baffled by the fact that we all couldn't remember the future. Possibly, we do, but only subconsciously, because the vastness of potentiality for any given future is probably enough to cause some level of mental overload if we were to run up against it all the time as a common sensation. I'm going with subconsciously, we do know what's coming at us, which divergent possible futures are "good" for us, and which divergent possible futures are "bad", other significant events along our current non-divergent thread, etc. Now, if we're lucky, our subconscious mind might relate to us something useful or remarkable, as it often does in dreams, saying in its language of pictures and sensations "take Job A, you'll be a millionaire before the year is out!" or "don't take Job B, the janitor is a psychopath and he's going to stab you with a sharpened broom!" Or "You will see a swarm of ladybugs and it will be uhhhmayzing!" (I liked that, btw) Of course, the subconscious mind can be rather bad at giving you the full picture, and it seems willing to mix symbolic and literal depictions willy-nilly, and this overall results in precognition through dreams being incredibly iffy at best, and utterly useless at worst.

There are ways to cultivate precognitive dreams. The first is getting your dream recall to a damn near flawless state. The next is recording with as much detail as you can every aspect of the dreams you have, down to what it looked like through your dream eyes. After a while, you will begin to notice that your dreams fall broadly into a few categories, and that each category of dream shares characteristics in its essential texture. Once you've cross-referenced enough of your dreams, you will know which dreams are which, sometimes as you're dreaming them, and you will probably also get a better handle on the symbolic language of your subconscious, enabling you to both pick out and interpret precognitive dreams. This process takes a half a year to a year to get the hang of well, but as a tool for personal development and expanding awareness, it's worth the work.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by nithaiah

Thank you so much for your feedback. That's very useful insight and advice! I guess from now on I need to stop being lazy about writing down everything I remember right away. I'll keep a notebook next to my bed to get it down ASAP. I do remember most of my dreams. The only time I have trouble recalling them in detail is if I wake up in panic if I think I'm going to be late for work that morning. Dreaming is such an interesting process. When some turn out to be prophetic, that process becomes even more mysterious than it was before. There's just too many questions that need to be answered.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

After you've gotten your dream recall to the point that it's as good as your what-you-did-yesterday recall, even waking up in a panic doesn't necessarily thwart the memory of the dreams. Panic was my everyday wake-up, when I was in high school and started legitimately working on dreams haha. It eventually becomes a non-issue for recall.

Something that seems to help with recall, when you have the time, is not moving in bed after you've woken up, until the memories of your dreams are solid. (It also makes the rest of the day go better, when you don't feel half-asleep when you roll out of bed, imho.)

Dreams can be wonderfully interesting, even when they're not precognitive or lucid ones. Many people have an incredibly rich, detailed, and surprisingly consistent dream world once they get into it. It's a place where you cumulatively spend multiple years of your life, after all, and getting the lay of the land there can be just plain fun.

top topics

join