It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

conspiracy theorists and reader, jobless and uneducated ?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by notimportant

In september I'm going to study "psychology"
The "psychology" of whom may I ask? Or are you simply going to learn how to generalize/quantize the entire human race and every brain on Earth into a neat little package, and then label anyone outside that box as "mentally unhealthy"? Thought so.

edit on 16-5-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

No not to judge people, it is something which I always wanted to do. Thats all, and when I'm finished I'm probably going back to the launderette.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Started college late in life. I was 8 credits away from an Associate's when my doctor told me I was ready to have a massive stroke at any moment. Kinda lost interest in learning after hearing that. Well, it's been about eight years since that idiot doctor lied to me. My health is slipping now, but I'm still working.

As for those that are uneducated or unemployed, I don't care if they spend their days collecting bottles, as long as they are interesting and can write a coherent paragraph I'll read what they write here.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by notimportant
Please don't be offended (yet?) by the topic title, but always when I'm reading forums, or talking to people about the Masons, illuminati, government, it always comes clear that 8 out of 10 never finished school and/or is unemployed.

With all due respect, how can you expect anyone to not feel offended by this statement and exactly how do you "come clear" about the background of an individual by reading their posts or talking to them about particular subject matter? Are you aware that your post is riddled with grammatical errors - does that make it right for me to decide that you, yourself, are uneducated? Of course not and that would be a clear indication of ignorance.

Now, I would like to ask, why is it that mostly uneducated (or poorly educated) or jobless people are so attracted by "conspiracy theory's" ?

Again, just really ignorant statements and I'm not sure of your true intent in posting these comments. Let me lend some clarity based on facts and not assumptions:

1. As many ATSers have already pointed out, the recent poll shows the opposite of what you state;
2. There is a difference between "uneducated" and "ignorant" and I invite you to expand your understanding of these concepts by following these links:

www.vocabulary.com...

www.vocabulary.com...

3. You seem to think that being unemployed equates to laziness and a general lack of intellegence but please note the following from the Bureau of Labor Statistics:

Nationally, unemployment is caused when the economy slows down, and businesses are forced to cut costs by reducing payroll expenses. Unemployment can also be caused by competition in specific industries or companies. Advanced technology, such as computers or robots, cause unemployment by replacing worker tasks with machines.

Most people leave the labor force when they retire, go to school, have a disability that keeps them from working, or have family responsibilities. Others may feel they can't get work, and so stop looking. The BlS calls them discouraged workers.

Also, the following link provides a good summary of the monthly unemployment rates in the US since March of 2007 and explains the precipitating economic factors attributable to the illustrated ebbs and flows:

useconomy.about.com...

4. Lastly, my own statistics:

*Advanced college degree and continually seeking knowledge by reading anything of interest and/or importance and by sharing ideas and engaging in healthy debate of differing opinions with a diverse array of people;
*currently unemployed due to no choice of my own - worked at the highest level of my profession (Executive Management) for over 15 years and was then fired after becoming ill (no conspiracy theory here other than a few immoral individuals putting greed and ego before fairness and morality);
*actively looking for work every single day - last interviewer told me that she received resumes from over 250 qualified applicants for the same one position (indicative of "supply and demand" in today's job market);
*have been intrigued by conspiracy theories since I was old enough to read fictional books that incited first my imagnination and then my curiosity;
*became convinced shortly after 9/11 that the phrase "conspiracy theory" has a concrete relevancy in the lexicon of our culture because I choose to believe my own eyes and the common sense and intuition we were all born with over what I was being told by the government and MSM - this doesn't mean that I believe all conspiracy theories but in MOST instances, I find it to be fascinating reading and in ALL instances, I respect the opinions of others.

The link I provided above defining "ignorant" states "If you make an ignorant comment, your listeners might laugh at you, might get mad at you, or they might patiently instruct you in the ways that you are uninformed.". It was my intent to provide the patient instruction this statement cites and I hope I was able to achieve that for you.

Timidgal

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Please don't be offended (yet?) by the topic title, but always when I'm reading forums, or talking to people about the Masons, illuminati, government, it always comes clear that 8 out of 10 never finished school and/or is unemployed.

Now, I would like to ask, why is it that mostly uneducated (or poorly educated) or jobless people are so attracted by "conspiracy theory's" ?

Loaded question.

Prepping before an answer?

Because conspiracy threory and real conspracies are entertaining.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Simple

The Government wants a people who are easy to lie to.

The State and federal educational system over the past 100 years has been focused on producing workers who are so indoctoranated that they will do what they are told without questioning so they are pliable, obedient employees.
They do not teach the students critical reasoning skills that would allow them to step back and see the holes in the official story. The students are so used to conforming to make the high grades they don't question. They believe what they are told no matter how absurd it is.

The so called 'poor' students who try to think out the problems rather than parroting the facts and figures they have been taught are going to be the inventors and entrapenours. Just a few of the uneducated that didn't finish college before making something of their life Steven Speiburg, Steve Wozniak, Bill Gates, you get the drift.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

I haven't seen this one thrown about in ages and kind of miss seeing it it so....

U R DISINFO AGENTZ11?!!

I've recently graduated from university, though this does not reflect upon my levels of intelligence or wisdom in any manner whatsoever. The education system is very good at churning out robots and targeting potential genius for extermination. However, it is not very good for developing critical thinking mechanisms - which I believe are... critical.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
OP is just programmed to create anger. The 8 out of 10 comment is from MSM or the Gov which happens to be the controllers for MSM. We are all programmed one way or another. Lets just hope the OP finds the truth.

One thing I have noticed about Conspiracy theories is most have no ending and no way to pin them down. Too little info or too many things hidden that will never see the light. Sometimes reading these theories reminds me of a mouse on a wheel. I think we should concentrate on the ONE MAJOR Conspiracy which is who controls our MINDS and who creates these conspiracies to get our little minds spinning. If we can figure out the Puppet Master than we can stop the game and breakfree of the mind control programming.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by timidgal

With all due respect, how can you expect anyone to not feel offended by this statement and exactly how do you "come clear" about the background of an individual by reading their posts or talking to them about particular subject matter? Are you aware that your post is riddled with grammatical errors - does that make it right for me to decide that you, yourself, are uneducated? Of course not and that would be a clear indication of ignorance.

Again, just really ignorant statements and I'm not sure of your true intent in posting these comments. Let me lend some clarity based on facts and not assumptions:

1. As many ATSers have already pointed out, the recent poll shows the opposite of what you state;
2. There is a difference between "uneducated" and "ignorant" and I invite you to expand your understanding of these concepts by following these links:

www.vocabulary.com...

www.vocabulary.com...

3. You seem to think that being unemployed equates to laziness and a general lack of intellegence but please note the following from the Bureau of Labor Statistics:

Nationally, unemployment is caused when the economy slows down, and businesses are forced to cut costs by reducing payroll expenses. Unemployment can also be caused by competition in specific industries or companies. Advanced technology, such as computers or robots, cause unemployment by replacing worker tasks with machines.

Most people leave the labor force when they retire, go to school, have a disability that keeps them from working, or have family responsibilities. Others may feel they can't get work, and so stop looking. The BlS calls them discouraged workers.

Also, the following link provides a good summary of the monthly unemployment rates in the US since March of 2007 and explains the precipitating economic factors attributable to the illustrated ebbs and flows:

useconomy.about.com...

4. Lastly, my own statistics:

*Advanced college degree and continually seeking knowledge by reading anything of interest and/or importance and by sharing ideas and engaging in healthy debate of differing opinions with a diverse array of people;
*currently unemployed due to no choice of my own - worked at the highest level of my profession (Executive Management) for over 15 years and was then fired after becoming ill (no conspiracy theory here other than a few immoral individuals putting greed and ego before fairness and morality);
*actively looking for work every single day - last interviewer told me that she received resumes from over 250 qualified applicants for the same one position (indicative of "supply and demand" in today's job market);
*have been intrigued by conspiracy theories since I was old enough to read fictional books that incited first my imagnination and then my curiosity;
*became convinced shortly after 9/11 that the phrase "conspiracy theory" has a concrete relevancy in the lexicon of our culture because I choose to believe my own eyes and the common sense and intuition we were all born with over what I was being told by the government and MSM - this doesn't mean that I believe all conspiracy theories but in MOST instances, I find it to be fascinating reading and in ALL instances, I respect the opinions of others.

The link I provided above defining "ignorant" states "If you make an ignorant comment, your listeners might laugh at you, might get mad at you, or they might patiently instruct you in the ways that you are uninformed.". It was my intent to provide the patient instruction this statement cites and I hope I was able to achieve that for you.

Timidgal

Haha dude, im not English nor American, so that is why I make a bit more grammatical errors than the average poster/member on this board. It is not that I talk or write English all day so please forgive me ok ?

And isnt it a bit "ignorant"of you to judge me by my post? Funny how you say that I'm ingnorant while I wasnt targeting anybody personally, and you immediately start judgin me on a personal level while you dont know a thing about me. You probably find yourself enlightent and woken up, aren't you ??

But let me explain: When I talk to people (HERE IN MY COUNTRY, so not the US, there are more countrys in the world
) It are mostly the ones who didn't (or only) finished highschool who are spamming "conspiracys" around. So that was why I'm asking.

Oh, and I didnt read your post all the way, I'm not interested in it anymore

edit on 18-5-2011 by notimportant because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I find your observations a bit strange and your question, based on your conclusion not the right one. More so because the ATS member survey has a completely different outcome than your clear impression of the people you encountered on ATS.

Maybe it is because that questioning strange and suspicious events, people and what not is done by most curious people......no matter what level of education they have under their belt.

Finding answers or to make some sense of these questions will requier the abillity for logical and abstract thinking. A certain level of education will help to seperate the nonsence from the facts.

edit on 18-5-2011 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Ever stop to think people might have been made unemployed thanks to this economic mess that's out of their control. People want answers and rightly so discover the world isn't what it truly seems, aswell as such definitions as capitalism what they used to work for. Realising they were only cattle with number brands pushing products around a shop floor.

People are pissed and want answers as to how 5 billion in the world can live in poverty, being bombed, or deemed 'terrorists' for defending themselves. While a handful of individuals continually get rich by conjuring up make-believe monetary debts.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Pffft, epic fail.

Most people on THIS forum are well educated and employed.

Not that it actually matters as everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Cosmic...

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I wouldn't worry guys. It's well guesstimated that 78% of the time, 34% of the people, fabricate 98% of all statistics.

Just another petty attempt at labeling critical thinkers as dumb backwards 'conspiracy theorists'. Why bother? You do realise a significant portion of the worlds population have woken up to the lies peddled daily by the 'laundrette', thanks to the ingenious use of the internet to disseminate information your 'laundrette' managers used to be able to keep secret.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
People who are very unhappy with life tend to blame their ills on higher ups. Marxism (which is what conspiracy-theories are and where they come from) is all about "sticking it to the man", getting Presidents, Bankers, rich Jews down to their levels. Normally this type of thinking only breeds more ignorance. Conspiracy-theories are the philosophy of the working class who feel abandoned, broken, helpless. They seek solace in Government-hating and theories about flying saucers. Their marxist-postmodernist-relativist stance is that there is no right and wrong and that therefore any sort of nonsense is true.
edit on 19-5-2011 by lucid eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

You watch too much television turn it off . Yah and were all single fat white males lving in our moms basement between the ages of 30 to 40 .

Funny how when ever someone states something like "I don't want to judge people but" they do . Well I hope someone here is getting some edumacation . Anyway I think my insomnia is leaving me I feel the title pull of my pillow
edit on 21-5-2011 by OpusMarkII because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Very simple. Because blame is better to give than to receive. Very few failures have the honesty and presence of mind to lay the blame for their failures at their own feet. It's always someone else at fault who rendered them impotent and helpless.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

I have a little more than 2 years of college.

Grade point average of 3.6 althrough high school and two years of college.

My IQ tests checks out at around 125

Was reading at a third grade level my first day of 1st grade.

Average about 1 - 2 books a week for the last 54 years, unless it's a book on Quantum Physics (simplified) and than that might take me longer to digest. Have been a voracious reader since age 4.

Correction; There are a few books that I have read (600+ pages) that took me two weeks to read and another two weeks to mull over.

Like to read books on politics, conspiracies, world events, religion, theology, history, science technology, weapons, psychology, medicine, good sci-fi, gardening, plants, almost everything except romance novels (make me sick).

At the moment I have about 300 hard cover books in my library and another close to 2,000 books on my thumb drive. Have probably lent out another 100 books I never got back.

Watch very little TV, mainly the Science/Discovery Channel, Animal Planet. Average about only two hours of TV per week.

It's not a matter of intellegence or education, it's in the gut..............like Morpheus said to Neo:

Some of us just have always known, that something was always amiss - some of us are just now beginning to question our "reality". Some of us choose to not wake up. Some of us cannot wake up.

Those that question use to be called crazy or paranoid.

Now, more and more as man becomes acquainted with new discoveries in quantum physics - and learns there are more realities than one could ever imagine, more of us are waking up to how limited we humans are in these three dimensional containers we call bodies...............it is like in star wars, you must close your physical eyes and let the force guide you.

Within our three dimensional containers we have a eternal life force, some call a soul and it is that soul that you must connect with, your very inness that will guide you.

What you see, feel, taste, smell, hear and see can so easily be deceptive...........our brains are nothing more than organic computers that can be manipulated.

More of us are waking up..............dispite the traitors, hybrids and walk ins that are trying to keep us asleep.

When enough of us wake up we will again try to rebel and it will be a toss up as to if humanity succeeds this time or we are again thrown back into the stone age.

You see, once the talking monkies get too smart, someone or a group of someones seem to create catastrophes to thin out the herd, mainly the "smart ones".

FYI: This isn't the first time homosapiens have reached this level of "civilization" and the human history taught in our schools is mostly bs................just do the research.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I have a college degree, but am currently jobless because I am lazy. I frequent this site because I am bored, due to joblessness.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Its True to a degree. When i first started looking into these issues, i was off work with an injury and in a vulnerable state. As i got back into my regular routine in life it became harder to follow these subjects and when ever i thought about them it became distracting and hard to focus on my regular life. especially when most of these topics say that the life im accustomed to is unsustainable and in some cases harmful to others around the world.

I have a hundred things to do today and im sitting in front of my computer, if im not unemployed now i will be if i keep it up.

this is how they win, keep us occupied and their is no fighting that. A global meltdown is not an option to the powers to be because that would put us all into a state of vulnerablility and willing to look at new perspectives

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join