It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran building rocket bases in Venezuela

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
If they’re building an underground silo complex, I doubt it’s intended as a bargaining chip. It’s the same strategic intent the Iranians have for theirs, i.e., regime survival. Invading Venezuela would be problematic if they could retaliate by launching missiles at the U.S. The time to deal with the threat would be while the complex is under construction. But we’ve seen with Iran that there’s nothing anyone will do lest it seem preemptive and provoke war. In the end, Venezuela’s people have to see themselves held hostage to a crazy regime and worse, the strategic designs of the Iranians. It’s like the Soviet Union using their client state, Cuba. Now it’s Iran using their client state, Venezuela

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by AnotherYOU

Be careful your bias is showing again. I am merely sticking to the facts here as presented in the articles and reports. Try it sometime. Why did you bring Israel into this thread? Nevermind, I know. That bias again..

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Might want to check your facts.

www.fas.org...

Shahab-3
Zelzal-3 1 liquid 1,000-1,350-1,500 1999 -- MRBM 1.3 Also flown by North Korea (No-dong) and Pakistan (Ghauri II).
Shahab-3D
Zelzal-3D 2 liquid,solid 1,500+ 2001 -- MRBM 1.3

Shahab-3 1,000-1,350-1,500

Miami is 2,000 km
edit on 16-5-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Your information is outdated as of 2001

2009 long range testing as it near or above 2000km as per the FACTS in the article

www.reuters.com...

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
This has been in the works for a while. Of note Iran is banned from buying missiles from Russia due to sactions. Can't remember the particulars on the missile but Venezuela is not. Nice little transfer of weapons by a few kooks and bingo Iran is sitting with some rockets that can reach the US and elsewhere. Republican Guard has been running around there and in central america for a while. Do some looking if you need proof.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Reply to post by jibeho

now if i could only be as unbiased at you... it would be awesome.

oh and what facts?

hearsay does not become a fact without evidence.

wheres is the evidence these sites do exist?

ill wait while you request a visa for venezuela.

have a nice trip

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Actually, I did read it and the fact the Germans originated the story still doesn't help JPost's credibility. But I could also venture a guess and say that both the German newspaper and JPost are under the same umbrella corp…

But let's go with it, where did the German newspaper get that info from? Oh, “Western security insiders.” Ah huh, even more trustable. Why would they leak that info to a daily German newspaper of all places? So, it doesn’t look like the Israeli media just made it up and broke the story? Because the Germans are helping Iran with their missiles? Why..?

Basically, everything out of Iran and Israel is false warmongering propaganda that focuses their populous’ against each other. Just live together in peace for 'god' sakes.

The JPost even has a section on their site called, "Iranian Threat."
www.jpost.com...

I'm sure PressTV has the exact same thing, so I'm not taking sides. Both are propaganda machines that aren’t working.

edit on 16-5-2011 by tooo many pills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I notice all the information on Irans missles come from this launch.

That is the photo that was edited to add more missles in because all of the missles never launched and in order to hide it they cut and pasted over the unlaunched missles.

2009 CRS Report for Congress
www.fas.org...

Iran said it successfully test fired a 2-stage solid-fuel missile with a 2,000 kilometer range in
November 2008. At the time, a Pentagon spokesman said he could not confirm the launch
occurred, but that this was consistent with the fact that Iran continues to develop a ballistic
missile program that poses a threat to Iran’s neighbors in the region and beyond.

www.globalsecurity.org...

Shahab-3, 3A/ Zelzal-3

May 21, 2010

The opinions and evaluations stated here in are only the authors and cannot be construed to reflect those of any Government agency, company, institute or association. It is based on public information, circumstantial evidence, informed speculation, declassified U.S. intelligence community documents, official Iranian and North Korean government documents and histories, oral histories, interviews and reverse engineering analysis. As with all data regarding the Iranian and North Korean strategic space and ballistic missile programs, this analysis is subject to revision--and represents a work in progress.

Shahab-3, 3A / Zelzal-3

The Iranian Shahab-3 ballistic missile means Meteor-3 or Shooting Star-3 in Farsi [alternatively designated Zelzal (Earthquake)] is derived from the 1,350-1,600 kilometer range North Korean No-dong missile. The Shahab-3 reportedly has a range of between 1,350 and 1,600 kilometers and is capable of carrying a 1,000-760-650 kilogram warhead. Through Spring 2010 there was an estimated 300 Shahab-3's of various types deployed in Iran.

Seems the only one who says they have a missle that will go 2000 km is Iran?
edit on 16-5-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Intermediate-range ballistic missile have a range of 1,865–3,420 miles so they could anywhere within the continental united states ,so if true its a serious threat

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by standupamerica32

How is that serious? If you don't want the threat write to your congressman to pull out all carriers and US bases in the persian gulf. They are doing it because we are doing it to them.

You dont want missles pointed at you, stop sending carriers to the persian gulf.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Old news, I broke this last summer;

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There was also a topic made the other day stating this.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

So Iran, a country without any agression towards any other in the past century helps venezuela to build a rocket base is considered a great threat yet the USA which is building a missile shield all over the world and on Russia back door is allowed to continue.

Irans gets others to fight their battles...most notably Hamas. And don't believe for a minute that Iran wasn't an agressor during the Iran/Iraq war. If Saddam hadn't started it the Ayatolla would have eventually. And while we are at it...I don't know if you consider storming a certain country's embassy and holding the unarmed occupants hostage for 1 1/2 years passive but it kind of showed agression to me.

If you had some extra enriched uranium to unload would you offer it to Iran? If you said yes and you've already sent it than just go ahead and stick the barrel of a 12 guage shoutgun down your throat and pull the trigger now...it will save you all the horrors to come later.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
I notice all the information on Irans missles come from this launch.

That is the photo that was edited to add more missles in because all of the missles never launched and in order to hide it they cut and pasted over the unlaunched missles.

That's a pretty ignorant assumption, isn't it? I don't think people are really that stupid that they would get their information on Iranian missiles from a single image

brewing-
And while we are at it...I don't know if you consider storming a certain country's embassy and holding the unarmed occupants hostage for 1 1/2 years passive but it kind of showed agression to me.

It was Iranian university students that stormed the American embassy.

Why?

Because the US had been meddling in Iranian relations since the 50s and put Iran under a fascist dictatorship so the oil could keep flowing to American interests and not Soviet or British. Perhaps you should do some homework on modern Iranian history and the Shah before you start making such claims about "aggression".

Oh, and did you happen to know that the US was also involved in the '79 Iranian revolution? Regen even said it himself at a press conference.

Interesting how an American special forces group got wiped out over the Iranian desert... to date, there is still no official explaination as to what happened there.

If you had some extra enriched uranium to unload would you offer it to Iran? If you said yes and you've already sent it than just go ahead and stick the barrel of a 12 guage shoutgun down your throat and pull the trigger now...it will save you all the horrors to come later

What a tearjerker.

Enriched uranium to Iran is nothing compared to all of the depleted uranium that the US has already dumped all over the middle east, eastern Europe, and North Africa.

PS:

If this OP story is so true, then why isn't the American media plastering it all over the place? Why isn't Washington claiming the imminent Iranian threat that needs to be delt with? Especially since it was "Western inside sources" that started the story. It's all a load of crap
edit on 17-5-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

The event the photo was taken at was called "Great Prophet" exercise. And the photos were the ones the Iranian military took and published.

That's a pretty ignorant assumption, isn't it? On your part!
edit on 17-5-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   

The event the photo was taken at was called "Great Prophet" exercise. And the photos were the ones the Iranian military took and published.

That's a pretty ignorant assumption, isn't it? On your part!
edit on 17-5-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

I know what the photo is.

What does the photo have to do with data on Iranian missile projects?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   

reply to post by Surfrat

Irans current missle range. If they did give Chaves missles they would not reach the US. They currently do not have ballistic missles.

The picture's title you posted says and I quote "Estimated Ranges of Current and Potential Iranian Ballistic Missiles", that title is not compatible with "They currently do not have ballistic missles". I don't know what a Ballistic missile is, or whether Iran has it or not, correct me if I'm wrong.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Surfrat

Officially only Shahab 1 to 3 exists, but Israel and other foreign sources claim huge advancements have been made in secret projects by Iran, they claim there is a Shahab 6.

Anyways, there is two version of Shahab 3, one has a longer range of up to 2000 KM. That would reach Eastern Europe. Would these missiles, if given to Venezuelans and launchers being provided, would it reach main land US, I don't think so, but if the information from Tel Avive is true (which I doubt), the secret projects creating BM with longer ranges, reaching up to 6000 KM (Shahab 6), that would definitely reach main land.

That being said, Shahab 6 is based mainly on speculation, there is no basis nor any evidence supporting such secret projects, but could be true non-the less.
edit on 17-5-2011 by confreak because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Thats the test where Iran claims to have a 2000 km missle. That would be needed to reach Miami. But they don't have a missle that can do 2000 km it was hoaxed along with the photos from the event.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by confreak

They don't have icbm.
Long range missles.
There missles only go around 1600 km.

new topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join