It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran building rocket bases in Venezuela

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Iran building rocket bases in Venezuela

www.jpost.com

Iran is building intermediate- range missile launch pads on the Paraguaná Peninsula, and engineers from a construction firm – Khatam al-Anbia – owned by the Revolutionary Guards visited Paraguaná in February. Amir al-Hadschisadeh, the head of the Guard’s Air Force, participated in the visit, according to the report. Die Welt cited information from “Western security insiders.”
The rocket bases are to include measures to prevent air attacks on Venezuela as well as commando and control stations.

The Iranian military involvement in the project extends to bunker, barracks and watch
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
So, now Iran sets up missile bases pointed toward the US and our South American and Central American allies. It’s game on for Chavez. We must take action very soon.
This should be a full blown invasion. I do not believe that the Venezuelan people would intervene with any resistance. We cannot wait for the 1st shot.

www.jpost.com

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I'm sure they are.. or rather have been for a while...

However, who is "German daily Die Welt wrote in its Friday edition"... ? lol.

Any satellite photos of such sites?...
Iranian payroll?...

Something juicy.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

So, now Iran sets up missile bases pointed toward the US and our South American and Central American allies.

Really? First off, the only ``US territory`` those missiles could hit is the American military base in Colombia or American military bases in South America/Central America.

Those missiles cannot reach mainland USA.

Second, Venezuela's military is a joke and a US-Colombia operation could take it out quite fast.

Third, this is Iranian missiles we are talking about. Crappy missiles, a little better than Scuds, but not much.

Fourth, this is an Israeli report, most likely overblown or totally false.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Surfrat

So, now Iran sets up missile bases pointed toward the US and our South American and Central American allies. It’s game on for Chavez. We must take action very soon.
This should be a full blown invasion. I do not believe that the Venezuelan people would intervene with any resistance. We cannot wait for the 1st shot.

www.jpost.com

So Iran, a country without any agression towards any other in the past century helps venezuela to build a rocket base is considered a great threat yet the USA which is building a missile shield all over the world and on Russia back door is allowed to continue.

Given your arguement andcomments, shouldn't Russia then also be allowed to invade Poland and Bulgaria and take out the missile launchers that the US placed there?

Whats good for the goose is good for the gander.

Just checked your source....Jerusalem Post....no chance of propaganda there much is there?

Wont beleive a word of this until the US displays sattellite images infront of the UN like they did during the Cuban Missile Crisis...not that they need to show proof these days. If the US says so, then surely it must be true?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Wasn't this this scenario played out before? And didn't we blow billions of Dollars preparing for a war that never occured?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by VitchiloSecond, Venezuela's military is a joke and a US-Colombia operation could take it out quite fast.

Like we're taking out the primitive Arab militias?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Surfrat

Yeah they probably have a doomsday bomb there, that's what the Knesset says anyway, right?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
jpost?

lol

now isnt that as credible as presstv?

how can we pick and choose... lol

i call it propaganda..

venezuelan missile crisis?

cookie for whover can dig up this same story from previous years.

its like they stop being creative overall

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I'll take this one with a grain of salt.
If this was true don't you think we'd be all over Venezuela like white on rice.
We'd be asking for sanctions from the UN and finally finding evidence of WMD's so we can attack his ass.

Another marker. Any army guys being deployed to Colombia?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
The Jerusalem Post? I think we gonna need a better, more reliable, and less bias source. This source isn't any different than Iran's PressTV. I would never get my news from either place.

Propaganda to the max!

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
You may be right. Does anybody think that Obama would want to try something like this including shutting down certain radio shows like Chavez did and expand the executive branch like Chavez is doing?

Seems like Obama loves the guy and Hugo Chavez love the him too. They sort of make a good couple.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Surfrat

Irans current missle range. If they did give Chaves missles they would not reach the US. They currently do not have ballistic missles.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Besides Venezuela does not even have roads connecting many of there cities. You have to take a plane to fly from city to city. Hell they don't even have addresses for homes or buildings because they don't even have a mail service. They could be raided and taken over before they even knew a army was there.
edit on 16-5-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Surfrat

The US has missile bases and carriers around Iran. The Iranians placing missiles in Veneuzela is fair game I say.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by tooo many pills
The Jerusalem Post? I think we gonna need a better, more reliable, and less bias source. This source isn't any different than Iran's PressTV. I would never get my news from either place.

Propaganda to the max!

You didn't read the article did you?? Just jumped on the "Post" They were citing a German Newspaper and indicated that in the FIRST paragraph. Who's serving the anti Israel Kool Aid these days?

BERLIN – The Iranian government is moving forward with the construction of rocket launch bases in Venezuela, the German daily Die Welt wrote in its Friday edition.

Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez is Teheran’s most important South American ally

The rocket bases are to include measures to prevent air attacks on Venezuela as well as commando and control stations.

The Iranian military involvement in the project extends to bunker, barracks and watch tower construction. Twenty-meter deep rocket silos are planned. The cost of the Venezuelan military project is being paid for with Iranian oil revenue. The Iranians paid in cash for the preliminary phase of the project and, the total cost is expected to amount to “dozens of millions” of dollars, Die Welt wrote.

The Paraguaná Peninsula is on the coast of Venezuela and is roughly 120 kilometers from America’s main South American partner, Columbia.

According to Die Welt, the clandestine agreement between Venezuela and Iran would mean the Chavez government would fire rocket at Iran’s enemies should the Islamic Republic face military strikes.

www.jpost.com...

This comes as no surprise when you consider the strong relationship between the leaders of these nations. Furthermore, Iranian Qods forces have been rooting around Venezuela and through Latin America for years. There is a method to their madness.

www.washingtontimes.com...

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnotherYOU
jpost?

lol

now isnt that as credible as presstv?

how can we pick and choose... lol

i call it propaganda..

venezuelan missile crisis?

cookie for whover can dig up this same story from previous years.

its like they stop being creative overall

again another member who cannot read properly. German newspaper article cited in the J. Post. all disclosed in the opening paragraph of the article.

Not saying you have to believe the information. Just get your facts straight.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by tooo many pills

German paper originated the story

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
some much needed detail Please read

We knew a missile base was on the way; Die Welt reported on Venezuela’s missile deal with Iran back in November, and numerous Western analysts wrote it up.

Die Welt has a new report this month, however, recounting details like the visit of an Iranian engineering team to Venezuela in February, and the prospective site of the missile complex on the Paraguana peninsula off the northwestern coast. (English write-up based on the 13 May Die Welt article here.) I use the expression “missile complex” for a reason. Details in the Die Welt report indicate that what Iran and Venezuela are planning to construct is not just a base for a missile battery; it’s a complex of underground silos for the Shahab-3 medium-range missile.

The report refers to constructing missile silos 20 meters deep, and the need to provide for fueling the missiles underground, and for the release of toxic gases. These factors in combination mean that the plan is to deploy missiles in underground silos, from which they will be launched.

Missles could reach Miami

When Iran tested an extended-range Shahab-3 in 2009, US and other defense analysts indicated the missile’s range was up to 2000km, an improvement over the 1600km demonstrated by the baseline Shahab-3. The difference that makes to the missile base in Venezuela is that using the Shahab-3 ER would put Miami in the threat envelope.

The base is to be jointly operated, according to the original reporting from Die Welt last year. Iran probably won’t hesitate to deploy newer missiles like the longer-range, solid-fueled Sejjil (in testing since 2008) when they become operational. The 13 May Die Welt article states that the missile-base agreement provides for Iran to be able to attack her enemies from the base – presumably referring to the US.

Meanwhile, Iran and Venezuela will jointly develop a medium-range missile, apparently for Venezuelan production.

hotair.com...

www.welt.de...

www.welt.de...

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Reply to post by jibeho

last time i checked the iranians are helping chavez improve venezuela's oil extraction industry.

oh right

maybe thats why the hoarders are beating the war drums, one of the protocols of modern warfare require that the bad guys have oil, and yet the good guys are the ones armed with nukes.

go figure

i mean the iranians have to be most evilest ones ever!

israel has enough nukes to blow up the planet, but tel-aviv's diaper stock runs out everytime ahmadenijad says something he actually did not say.
lol

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join