It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question regarding Bin Laden and other extremist people???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Al Quida, the Taliban and people with extreme views bear a hatred for the Western culture, the western way of life, the western civilization and society - atleast that's what I have derived from what I have read so far ...
The attack on 9/11 and every other attack on Europe and Asia has been again the western way of life or freedom..
Yet, everytime I see Bin Laden and others that hate the western way of life, using technologies and products like - cellphones, computers, TV, vehicles etc etc... that are a gift, inspirations, inventions or improvements made capable by the western way of life .. As much as these people hate the Western way of life .. I never see them thanking the west for these products that have made their lives easier .. or have given these people instruments to forward their causes ...
I just don't get it .. doesn't the western world atleast deserve words of thanks?
"We are gonna use what your society has made possible to the fullest .. but we still hate your way of life and want to bring you back to becoming cave dewellers ... and deprive you of what you have given us .." - is that how they think? Can the smart people on ATS enlighten me .. please...

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
It only has to do with religious extremism. None of these issues would exist without a bunch of twisted men and their "my god's penis is bigger than your god's penis" BS. It's a simple as that really imo.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Well, the problem I'm seeing in this post is that op is seeing it from one side and not looking at the overall picture. Or perhaps refuses to. I dunno.

To op, do your research, look and read other people comments on this issue and wade through said comments and avoid the muck. Don't just wait for someone to give you the 'definite' answer on a silver platter.
edit on 16-5-2011 by anon102 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-5-2011 by anon102 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Himal

Not exactly. The Taliban / Al Qaeda really hate the US's involvement in the Middle East, because in truth, the US has no business being there in the first place. Technology is all good and fine to them!!!!!!!!! but these men of course have extreme religious beliefs and most of it ties in with their culture. So a woman wearing jeans and shirt in Middle East will make them angry because it is a Western culture thing to do and that interferes with their religious beliefs. But like I said what really pisses them off is how the US is on their land pretty much. And they bring their religion and their culture and for normal people of that area they either have a neutral or bad view towards that. Of course there are some aspects they like , like our fashion for instance but other aspects are horrible to them.
edit on 16-5-2011 by fordrew because: (no reason given)

top topics

join