It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buy a Submarine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Just been deep linking on certain websites and came across this little beauty for sale.

Sirena formally Mariea 1 is the most affordable tourist submarine available on the market today. Capable of diving to 100 meters (300 feet) and carry up to 49 persons in air conditioned comfort. Sirena tourist submarine is truly an exceptional buy for the enthusiastic operator.

$695,000usd + few repairs

but convert to living for your family, and viola instant escape
www.sirenasubmarine.info...

For those considering Life at Sea could be ideal, or even a boat with a mini sub onboard for a quick getaway
www.sub-find.com...

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by lavenlaar

Maybe its my fear of closed spaces, or that of deep dark water....but no thanks personally lol. The idea of being in a big metal can, possibly able to be picked up on a sonar blip or something and *kerplunk* crushed and drowned under the waves....shudder......

Maybe, if you hugged the coast to more isolated shores and found a safe spot on foot from there, but I definitely would not consider it a long term home or hiding spot.

Just had a possible idea about burying one underground and making it a self sustained bunker....kind of like an under ground panic room. Im sure the cramped spaces wouldn't be ideal but I think it would be pretty safe from alot of things.

Cool find S&F

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
That is the cutest little yellow submarine I have ever seen!

I am not too fond of the ocean, it's a big place with big things that can eat you but I must say it would be cool to have one.

The asking price isn't that bad considering what it is.

Now if it were a shuttle, well then I'd be all over that

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Think they'll take a check?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
That little one is cute and all...But that big one would require some submariner experience so as to avoid beaching the damned thing or diving too deep.

Submarines are not ideal if ya don't know what you're doing.

Pretty damn cool though.
edit on 17-5-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
with oxygen candles and carbon dioxide scrubbers and a little knowledge you could build yourself a really nice sub with fiberglass and Plexiglas that you could feel safe diving to 500ft
Ive often thought about building a sail sub that i could sail like a sailboat but if i got into bad weather i could just drop below 100ft or so and lose the storm and the tidal waves

using aluminum aircraft tubing you could build a frame with stages on it with your helm separate from your power supply and fuel and if you ever had a problem and started heading towards the abyss you could just pull a single pin and pop back to the surface without following the rest to the bottom

less than $20,000 could build you a really nice sub if you were creative and followed the known practices and there are plenty of tutorials and help on the net to get you started

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by lavenlaar

Shame the Sirena is bright ORANGE....... when tptb try to hunt you down it might be a little easy to find !!

If only I had £450,000 lying around I might just get that for the novelty value alone..

PDUK

ships-for-sale.com...

WW2 sub anyone ?
edit on 17-5-2011 by PurpleDog UK because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
maybe some other time when they are affordable in my area and that i don't have to travel 2 hours to get to it

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
It looks good except the endurance is listed as only an hour

Electric battery engine is good, but you need diesel engine subs for any decent distance and travel above / below surface...

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
This would be a good idea aside from the electric battery. Lets assume power is out after a cataclysm, how are you going to recharge?

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I think i might look into buying it! Then i could get all my friends and we could all live in a yellow submarine

But in all seriousness, what do you think that thing runs off of? Because i'm sure it's not nuclear lol

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
What about maintenance? If something breaks down, is it easily fixed? Don't want to be stuck in a SHTF situation with a broken down sub.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by lavenlaar
Just been deep linking on certain websites and came across this little beauty for sale.

Sirena formally Mariea 1 is the most affordable tourist submarine available on the market today. Capable of diving to 100 meters (300 feet) and carry up to 49 persons in air conditioned comfort. Sirena tourist submarine is truly an exceptional buy for the enthusiastic operator.

$695,000usd + few repairs

but convert to living for your family, and viola instant escape
www.sirenasubmarine.info...

For those considering Life at Sea could be ideal, or even a boat with a mini sub onboard for a quick getaway
www.sub-find.com...

It would be smart. If I had the money I would try to purchase one big enough so I could have a lab built in one. I always figured a lab that traveled by water would be a useful thing.

top topics

join