It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jon Stewart Owns Bill O'Reilly (Again)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
At some point FoxNews will realize it's a bad idea to bring Jon Stewart on to debate O'Reilly because he serves him everytime! O'Reilly is once again exposed for hypocracy, and is once again exposed for sensationalizing issues that make FoxNews the most blatant one-sided source of mainstream media in the world!

Part 1:

Part 2:

edit on 16-5-2011 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I dont know ... I saw it the other way around.stewart didnt pull it off.Orielly is obviously the smarter man.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
It's sad when a comedian more succinctly points out the issue and exposes the bull[snip] than the actual news host.

But who am I kidding, it's Fox.

Also: If you had to have a completely "unimpeachable resume" to step foot in the White House (as O'Reilly says), I'm sure it'd be a rather empty building.
edit on 5/16/2011 by Konah because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/16/2011 by Konah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I didn't see an outright winner.

I saw a fun interview that gave them both a jolt in the ratings.

I sure as heck did'nt see what Bernie what's his name saw after the interview and his evaluation.

It was good entertainment.

They both had valid points.

Stewert will roast Oreilly on his show tonite... Thats for sure.

No outright winner IMO.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
As a commenter said on part 2, its pretty ridiculous they are even debating about this.

Not saying I expected anything more from Faux News and Bill ORLY

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Jon Stewart's intelligence is constantly overlooked by political commentators. I almost always disagree with Stewart, but he OWNED O'Reilly here. Stewart lost me when he started talking about the assault weapons ban... his argument is the typical liberal red herring.
edit on 16-5-2011 by OptimusSubprime because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Stewart is a leftist tool, and billy bob is a right wing tool.

That being said, Stewart totally was the winner here. billy bob's argument fell apart when Stewart brought up the other people that have been to the white house who wrote songs about cop killers. Then billy changed his tune and came up with a different argument. Fail.

Stewart's assault weapons ban crap was an equal fail in my opinion. Cops are almost never killed with assault weapons, if he had done is research. More liberal crap.

If anything we need more deadly weapons with which to defend ourselves from the corrupt blood thirsty pigs roaming the streets.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

I'm curious here. The Conservatives have one biased television news source. The Progressives have all the others. One of Obama's chief advisers was even the CEO of GE when GE controlled NBC.

That tells me that what you are really saying is you want your Party to completely control all of the news and eliminate the Free Press altogether. Is that the case?

I don't have a horse in the race because I'm an Independent who votes for the individual not the Party. I'm just keeping score here.

The Right = FoxNews and a few talk radio shows.
The Left = ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, Al Jazzera, PBS, the AP, Reuters and nearly all the print news that exists.

The vote is for all intents and purposes equally divided so why does the Left control most of the Media? Even more important what is the Left whining about? You want to be Dictators and do away with Free Speech and a Free Press? Why? You can't have it both ways. You are either for Free Press and Free Speech or opposed, so I guess the Left is opposed to it? Or everyone is just sheepishly saying whatever they are told to say by their respective shepherds without even considering what they are saying.

We Independents who now outnumber both of the insane Partisan Groups are the real victims here while you all have these phony fights, spread propaganda and lie like a bunch of rabid Football Fans; We are not amused by either side. I can go to NBC for lies from the Left or FNC for lies from the Right and that seems better to me than one side taking over all the propaganda. Ask the Russians how that worked out for them.

I'm off to ponder Obama suddenly turning into a Conservative shortly after realizing he can't win as a Progressive who want's to control everyone like marionettes.

Also to ponder why after all this the Democrats don't appear to have anyone running against Obama in the Primaries? Come on D's, at least put up a qualified candidate. You don't have to stick with a loser just because he won once. Come on R's, surely you can do better than the riff-raff your putting on display. Surely between both Parties you can come up with one good leader to unite the country. Guess not. You better get back to hating each other, calling each other names, lying about each other and lining the pockets of your Party Leaders who don't actually give a damn about you. Don't forget to send those checks!!!

With Best Regards,
An anti-Democrat / anti-Republican with a functional brain who can't wait to see what tomorrows talking points are from both corrupt Parties. Keep up the good work folks and you can brag when you are old how you all tore the country apart instead of working together to fix it. It's a shame your kids will have to reap what you sew.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Before I even watch this will you answer a question for me?

Does he really "own" him with logic and common sense, or is it just a bunch of stupid jokes and 'clever' remarks that his writers came up with? The same type of thing his audience seems to go crazy over?

For the record, I think they are both a couple of schmucks.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Wow I really dislike Billy Boy and the fox thats always scaring the sheep. Ol Murdoch has a strangle on everyone there. Its truly sad.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Scratch that.

I'm not interested in this at all.

I don't care what the MSM has to say either way.

Especially not about a BS 'problem' like some idiot rapper, when We we have things happening in our world that actually matter.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by stormofnight
I dont know ... I saw it the other way around.stewart didnt pull it off.Orielly is obviously the smarter man.

lmao. You're kidding, right? How much did Faux News pay you to say that exactly?

O'Reilly clearly got owned and he knows it.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
That tells me that what you are really saying is you want your Party to completely control all of the news and eliminate the Free Press altogether. Is that the case?
I think it’s quite clear what v1rtu0s0 is saying. He said, and I quote, “FoxNews [is] the most blatant one-sided source of mainstream media in the world.”

It’s his opinion, and you are obviously free to disagree with it, but I didn’t read anything about political parties. It was you that brought that up.

The Right = FoxNews and a few talk radio shows.
The Left = ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, Al Jazzera, PBS, the AP, Reuters and nearly all the print news that exists.
All news media are biased to different degrees and on different subjects, the difference is that some of them knowingly and purposely inject that bias to support a particular narrative.

It’s widely accepted that US news mainstream media are, in general, very biased, but the bias and the intensity of that bias on Fox News, in particular, is more frequently noticeable.

I don’t know if Fox News is the most biased “in the world,” but US mainstream media are at the bottom of my “most reliable news media” list, and Fox News is certainly dead last for me.

If I had to rely exclusively on mainstream media, I would watch BBC or Al Jazeera.

edit on 17-5-2011 by aptness because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Konah

True Dat!

Boooom! It's about time! I'm surprised O'reilly actually let Jon get a few words in....usually when someone is about to make a valid point that will make him look like an ass, he won't let them get a word in and end the interview.

But who are we kidding really? No matter how many debates these news people go through, they will never convince the other that they are correct, even with valid points. If O'reilly had said "good point" he would lose his job. The media, sad as it is, is all biased to the beliefs of the corporations that own them. Money is the driving factor behind everything now.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Smells like hypocrisy up in here. Does anyone remember Ted Nugent's(been on Fox numerous times) little speel about Obama," the piece of sh*t," putting his machine gun in his mouth and sucking on it, or Hillary the 'bitch' can ride his gun?
LINK
Can you imagine if anyone else said this on stage?!?!
I agree with Stewart all the way, and the "infection apparatus," fear/hate machine maintains it's objective....scare and seperate!

spec

For anyone interested, here is another interview between these two from a while back:

edit on 17-5-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by aptness

I was not attacking that Poster, but instead speaking to the truth of the matter.

I'm sick of Partisans who are treating this like a sporting event. My future, your future, out children's futures are all on the line here and what do we get. Partisan bickering and leaders who are more interested in dividing the country to line their own pockets than they are leading.

If that bothers anyone, they are likely part of the problem. Voters have the power to deal with this, if they were not busy rooting for the home team and gave a damn about our future.

new topics

top topics

join