It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where, When and How will the Boiling Point be Reached in America?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
What I see...

I see thread after thread about increasing police brutality, loss of freedoms, unconstitutional laws being passed every day that just slap American Citizens across the face.

I see 1,000's of videos here and on Youtube showing police breaking the law, entering homes illegally, arresting people without Miranda Rights and/or warrants. Not to mention the beatings and killings of unarmed people.

I have seen too many documents and files showing the lies, evidence tampering, corruption and imprisonment of innocent people that it's impossible to catalog.

Everything from FEMA, CIA, FBI, DHS, TSA, DEA and numerous other alphabet agencies...corrupting and clearly abusing the laws and guidelines they are supposedly bound by. Not only Globally but against their own citizens.

Illegal Wars (Occupations) False Flag operations, torture of innocents, incarceration of anyone for anything in the name of the 'War on Terror'.

The POTUS creating his own version of America. Making it legal to shoot on sight and/or incarcerate without charge, evidence, trial and indefinitely. Laws passed in late night and Sunday sessions of congress. No votes or discussion, just passed.

I see States starting to follow the corruption of Washington with unethical and unjust taxes, fines, by-laws and increasing Police Powers. Warrant-less entry into private homes.

Big Pharm, Monsanto, Wall Street, The Fed and on and on and on....

Illegal Foreclosures, No jobs, Rising Unemployment, Retirement Plans and Pensions being stolen.

One question:

When and where does it stop?

I see 100's if not 1,000's of posts daily full of outrage, anger, fear, denial. And that's only ATS.

When and where will something will be done? What is the 'Breaking Point?

I have no doubt that something will happen as you can only push people so far and you can smell it in the air. TPTB can not continue to rob of so much and control from so many angles.

What do you think will happen? What will be the tipping point? What will the consequences be?

Just a discussion wanted. Not an argument as I am not posting anything that is not well known and documented.

edit on 16-5-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I think the tipping point has been reached. And I think thats why we are seeing all the weirdness in the MSM and all the talk about conspiracy theorists. I think Americans really want change right now.

But...........................I dont think most of us want an uprising. I know I dont. I think that would be the dumbest and worst thing we could do.

I want to use the electoral system to try to force change through and I think the biggest hindrance to that is we have no free press for real candidates to spread their message and organize the people.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

I want to use the electoral system to try to force change through and I think the biggest hindrance to that is we have no free press for real candidates to spread their message and organize the people.

I agree but don't you think the electoral system has been abused by the very ones elected?

And it has never gotten better, regardless of who is in power. I think people are starting to realize this.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Everyone is already fuming. However, the point at which they will stand up and say we aren't going to take it is as they are being herded into FEMA and other detention camps. Then they will see how short lived any opposition will be.

This goose was cooked a long time ago.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

Once people can't afford food, drink, gas, and television, THEN they will rise up.

Until then, they'll be fat, dumb, and happy being oblivious to the world.

A former friend/boss of mine actually had a saying, "Ignorance is bliss. Keep me happy."

Sad.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

The tipping point won't be reached until it affects the pocket books of the majority. If fuel prices continue to rise and food prices start sky rocketing, I would expect more and more people banding together in major protests.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

I use to think I didn't want to see an uprising also. Most recently, seeing how tight the government keeps making the noose, I honestly think it would be just as good if not better than where we find ourselves.

As things stand, we cannot fight physically or legally. The system is set up to prevent things working out for the people and in favor of freedom. If there were a massive uprising, even if there were some chaos in the aftermath, people would have a literal fighting chance.

The fact that there is physically and legally nothing we can do is the most frustrating. We all know we have an incurable cancer, and we are just waiting for the sweet release of death.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

You pose a great question. I personally think the breaking point will be when the first state succeeds, or attempts to succeed from the union. It's not a matter of if, but when. In my opinion it will more than likely be one of the following states... North/South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, or Arizona. Hell, I'll even throw Alaska in there for good measure. I think that all it will take is the first one, and then we will see the domino effect when others follow suit. And for the record, I can't wait for this to happen because in my opinion it is the only way things will eventually get fixed. The Republic is dead. The Constitution is dead. Our problems can not and will not be fixed by the political process.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
reply to post by jude11

You pose a great question. I personally think the breaking point will be when the first state succeeds, or attempts to succeed from the union. It's not a matter of if, but when. In my opinion it will more than likely be one of the following states... North/South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, or Arizona. Hell, I'll even throw Alaska in there for good measure. I think that all it will take is the first one, and then we will see the domino effect when others follow suit. And for the record, I can't wait for this to happen because in my opinion it is the only way things will eventually get fixed. The Republic is dead. The Constitution is dead. Our problems can not and will not be fixed by the political process.

Great insight. For a minute I had a vision of militia lined across the Arizona border like a fortress.

hmmm.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
One Word... APATHY. Everyone Fed up with the FED is waiting for a leader. People are tired but see no way out so they follow the status quo. Also, those of us that see the writing on the wall are scattered and too displaced to make a difference. Then there is trust... who do you trust today to speak openly about it enough to organize effectively?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

Great point... What exactly would need to be done to have a state secede? I know my home state Pennsylvania... We are one of the few "Commonwealth's" which means we are able to take care of our own state... We are also known as the "Keystone State" Key- Stone as in, we hold it all together... Just curious is all...

OP- Great thread... You summed up alot my thoughts as well... my only answer to the question would have to be... Once the unemployment/welfare/food stamps stop being paid, would we really see alot more civil disobedience...also 10$ gas would be a jumpstart as well.

Im not for violent uprising either... but sometimes I think it may the only way anything could really change... protests are about as productive as jumping in the pool and yelling underwater. Just gets swept under the rug, falls on deaf ears...

Sigh, wish there was a real solution to the mess we are in. Sadly I have more questions than answers

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by morder1

Great point... What exactly would need to be done to have a state secede? I know my home state Pennsylvania... We are one of the few "Commonwealth's" which means we are able to take care of our own state... We are also known as the "Keystone State" Key- Stone as in, we hold it all together... Just curious is all...

A state's legislature would vote and if passed they would draw up Articles of Succession along with a redress of grievances and serve it to the federal government, that's all the Declaration of Independence is.

edit on 16-5-2011 by OptimusSubprime because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-5-2011 by OptimusSubprime because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

How long do you think a secession would last when the federal government stops payment of benefits to the now non-US citizens in the runaway state? Out entitlement society keeps many dependent on the federal level instead of the states. Not to mention tarrifs and blockades. To many states could not support themselves, or at least not keep the standard of living that the people in them are accustom to.

No, the system is designed to keep everyone dependent on the federal tit.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
When Face book, Twitter, T.V., etc. are taken out. All the meaningless things that sheeple are entertained with. When they can't read about brad pits new wife and Charlie Sheen. When their delusional ignorant little bubble is popped thats when.

It's true.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321

How long do you think a secession would last when the federal government stops payment of benefits to the now non-US citizens in the runaway state? Out entitlement society keeps many dependent on the federal level instead of the states. Not to mention tarrifs and blockades. To many states could not support themselves, or at least not keep the standard of living that the people in them are accustom to.

No, the system is designed to keep everyone dependent on the federal tit.

You are absolutely correct... great point. I don't know, maybe have an amnesty period where people that don't want to stay in the newly formed nation of Montana could leave. I would think that the state would have plenty of money to help those people in need transition due to the fact that they are no longer sending money to the federal government. No more sending a dollar and getting back 60 cents.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
After posting my last post... decided to check out PA on Wikipedia... heres a pretty sweet tidbit of info about it...

Pennsylvania's 2008 total gross state product (GSP) of $553.3 billion[57] ranks the state 6th in the nation. If Pennsylvania were an independent country, its economy would rank as the 18th largest in the world.

Sounds to me that, we could manage on our own pretty easily...

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I do not think police brutality is on the rise, it has always been here, technologies just allow us to compare notes from a distance putting it under scrutiny like never before. I had a bunch of stuff typed up but I could reduce all of it to nothing more than human corruption and power unchecked with cycles which have been going on for thousands of years. Im not a religious person but divine intervention is needed.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

After posting my last post... decided to check out PA on Wikipedia... heres a pretty sweet tidbit of info about it...

Pennsylvania's 2008 total gross state product (GSP) of $553.3 billion[57] ranks the state 6th in the nation. If Pennsylvania were an independent country, its economy would rank as the 18th largest in the world.

exactly

2nd line

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

That is why I support the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania leaving the Union. We have our own nuke plants, refineries, coal and natural gas supplies. Also we still have a decent amount of farm land and a nice number of F-22 Raptors.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
What do I see as the tipping point that will set us off? Beats the hell out of me. I'm surprised it hasn't already happened, and at the same time I can believe it hasn't happened yet. I've tried talking to people about the things that are going on in our country and our world. It has fallen on deaf ears save for a few. If I mention the newest cell phone, other new gadget, or American Idol and everyone has something to add to the conversation.

To be honest, I believe the government, the PTB, or whoever you may call the bad guy wants an uprising. The blatant things they do right out in the open has to be for a reason. They don't even hide it anymore. Either they think us that stupid, or they just don't care what we think anymore. Maybe it's because they think we couldn't do anything about it.

It's going to take everyone waking up one morning and everything they've grown accustomed to no longer there. When they can't get on Facebook, or they can't use their I Phone or I Pad or turn on their televisions they might get mad enough to act. When we can no longer afford to buy things or pay our bills and continue to see the idiots we've elected to represent us wearing expensive clothes and driving their nice cars to their $2000 a plate dinners we might get mad enough to act. Even then I doubt anyone will act. I'm sure a few will but most people in our country are too fat and lazy to get off their asses to do a thing about it. Those that aren't too fat are still lazy and will sit and let someone else do it. Then you have those of us like minded folks here at ATS. We sit here at our computer desks and throw bitch fits with our keyboards instead of being out in our communities getting people organized. I've tried. No one wants to listen. So, I've done what I can to assure that me and mine are taken care of in the event something bad happens and to hell with the country and everyone else.

I can't count how many nights I've laid in bed and wished for someone to hit us with an EMP. Not only do I feel we deserve it, I feel we need it. Take away all the distractions.

new topics

top topics

join