It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Persistent contrails in the Korean War

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by deathproof
Chemtrail = excess of chemical spraying in vapor trails from an aircraft. Trails last anywhere from 30 minutes to 1 hour, depending on moisture levels in the air, weather patterns and jet streams... yet turn into man made clouds and turn a bright clear blue sky into reflective, dull white cloudy skies, with rain ensuing within a few hours, most likely drifting to another nearby city, bringing light showers.

That sounds pretty different to most other people's chemtrail theory. Which seems to indicate it's just a false perception, otherwise you'd all perceive it the same?

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Here's my uneducated and untrained eye giving my definition since 1996:

Contrail = excess of water and condensation in vapor trails from an aircraft... Trails last anywhere from 10 minutes to 30 minutes, depending on moisture levels in the air, weather patterns and jet streams.

Chemtrail = excess of chemical spraying in vapor trails from an aircraft. Trails last anywhere from 30 minutes to 1 hour, depending on moisture levels in the air, weather patterns and jet streams... yet turn into man made clouds and turn a bright clear blue sky into reflective, dull white cloudy skies, with rain ensuing within a few hours, most likely drifting to another nearby city, bringing light showers.

Why do I frequent this board anymore? Seriously.

I've seen them last 4+ hours!

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Here's my uneducated and untrained eye giving my definition since 1996:

Contrail = excess of water and condensation in vapor trails from an aircraft... Trails last anywhere from 10 minutes to 30 minutes, depending on moisture levels in the air, weather patterns and jet streams.

What about ones that last

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
It is not a secret that weather modification has been, and probably still is used in wars.

en.wikipedia.org...

Operation Popeye (Project Popeye/Motorpool/Intermediary-Compatriot) was a US military cloud seeding operation (running from March 20, 1967 until July 5, 1972) during the Vietnam war to extend the monsoon season over Laos, specifically areas of the Ho Chi Minh Trail. The operation seeded clouds with silver iodide, resulting in the targeted areas seeing an extension of the monsoon period an average of 30 to 45 days.

and this one...

The United States Space Preservation Act of 2001 bans the use of exotic weapons systems to damage climate, weather, and tectonic systems so as to induce damage or destruction.

Though I believe we still use these techniques.

Today, many major airports and ski resorts use weather modification techniques.

China has the largest (known) cloud seeding/weather modification system in the world.

About 24 countries currently practice weather modification operationally[

In the United States, cloud seeding is used to increase precipitation in areas experiencing drought, to reduce the size of hailstones that form in thunderstorms, and to reduce the amount of fog in and around airports. Cloud seeding is also occasionally used by major ski resorts to induce snowfall. Eleven western states and one Canadian province (Alberta) have ongoing weather modification operational programs [1]. In January 2006, an $8.8 million cloud seeding project began in Wyoming to examine the effects of cloud seeding on snowfall over Wyoming's Medicine Bow, Sierra Madre, and Wind River mountain ranges.

en.wikipedia.org...

google is your friend (or any other search engine) use it.

If you search, you can find lot's of information, many universities also have a division which studies cloud seeding/weather modification.

Harm None
Peace

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

We all agree contrails have been the use of war games. Jet fuel was also different back then. Contrails are different from chemtrails...as everyone has been saying all this time. Nobody is denying the use of contrails in previous wars. I've seen movie posters of films in the black and white era of hollywood featuring contrails, etc... This still does not state anything otherwise, sorry.

Nope, jet fuel is very similar, its all forms of Kerosene. If it was so different, then how do jet engines from then run just fine? And JP-4 was used from 1951, to 1995, and its commercial version, Jet-B is still being used.

And if photographs of contrails do not mean anything, then what about all the chemtrailers who put up photos of contrails as proof?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
And no, not "many" major airports, ski resorts and universities study cloud seeding.

Very very few actually. Only airports with major fog problems like SLC and a couple of others have cloud seeding, with dry ice I believe, to try and help with increasing visibility during heavy fog.

National Center for Atmospheric Research has a few different projects they are involved with, like the one in Wyoming.

University of North Dakota has a couple of cloud seeding theory classes that students can take, and some of them actually fly planes (Piper Senecas and Cessna 340s) in the summer North Dakota rainfall project.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join