It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok she's crazy....Pelosi: Everything should be on the table to reduce federal deficit

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
This coming from the woman who said "We have to pass the bill to find out what's in it"

The head Democrates seem to be doing a lot of back peddling these days.

I thiink Medicare is on the table. I think Social Security is probably on its own table, because we have to have it be solvent, it has to be strong, and we have to deal with it in its own mechanism, in my view. But the fact is, all the money is fungible, and at the end of the day, the deficit must be reduced," the House's most powerful Democrat said.

And......

we all know we must reduce the deficit," Pelosi said. "We've been in this place before, and we've reduced the deficit. We must reduce the deficit. We must put everything on the table. We've got to look at cuts for sure, waste, fraud, abuse, duplication, obsolescence."

thehill.com...

"Waste, fraud, abuse, duplication, obsolescence" .....Was she speaking of the deficit or government?
The sad part is that a lot of Americans have very short "political memories" any many will probably take this lunatic at her word.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Everyone knows shes an idiot...'nuff said

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Quadrivium

Dementia is a terrible disease.
It's sad to watch someone become incapacitated by it.
I hope she seeks help.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyred

Dementia is a terrible disease.
It's sad to watch someone become incapacitated by it.
I hope she seeks help.

I hope the doctors refuse to treat her

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
How about Obamacare? Is that on the table (probably needs it's own table because it's so heavy) too, Nancy? These clowns wouldn't know how to cut waste if it bit them on their noses.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
She should start with her own salary. And then her pension.

And then the war funding till troops come home. And the bank bailouts.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
pelosi is stupid

pelosi is obsolete

pelosi comes from the people democratic state of spending too much from without a thought of where the money comes from.

we have a spending problem

we have a entitlement problem

we have a government is too big to fail problem

pelosi is a part of the problem so she will never be a part of the solution.

this is how stupid pelosi and government is

to save a fish A FISH the damned up a stream and killed the land from what many people and farmers dependent their livelyhoods on.

stupid is as stupid does and pelsoi is the epitomy of that comment.

someone put a muzzle on her for crying out loud.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
She's only a puppet and she only says what the puppet master tells her to say. All of them in DC are representatives, we just aren't aware of who they are representing at a given time. It's most likely not us.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
When the government is borrowing .40 of every dollar it spends then yes she is right everything is on the table. The fact of the matter is,the debt cannot be repayed, its impossible. Just to break even all government spending must immediately be cut 40% and that does nothing towards paying the debt. Now if your not willing to live with these 40% cuts across the board I'd be willing to hear your REASONABLE solution. Fantasy ideas do not count such as debt refutation or brand new money that ignores the debt which would only result in ww3 and immediate massive debt.

Heres a link for you to study the magnitude of the issue,not the best but the first one I could find that mostly gives an idea of what we spend where.

www.federalbudget.com...

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a "speaker" is designed to make noise.

no surprise with pelosi.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
And repubs never go back on there word right? Its called polotics kid get used to it.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by nickoli
When the government is borrowing .40 of every dollar it spends then yes she is right everything is on the table. The fact of the matter is,the debt cannot be repayed, its impossible. Just to break even all government spending must immediately be cut 40% and that does nothing towards paying the debt. Now if your not willing to live with these 40% cuts across the board I'd be willing to hear your REASONABLE solution. Fantasy ideas do not count such as debt refutation or brand new money that ignores the debt which would only result in ww3 and immediate massive debt.

Heres a link for you to study the magnitude of the issue,not the best but the first one I could find that mostly gives an idea of what we spend where.

www.federalbudget.com...

Oh but I am willing to live with those 40% cuts and then some.

REASONABLE SOLUTION=

1) Cut all foreign aid.

2) Cut ALL entitlements except on the elderly and TRULY disabled.

3) Cut all government salaries so that they are equal to those in the military.

4) Bring our troops home. Have them secure OUR borders and work on OUR infrastructure.

5) Fire all of the crooks in DC.

Shall I keep going?

6) Pass a law that congress shall spend no money that the country does not have.

7) End NAFTA.

8) Set up an Economy Investigation council, who's one and only job is to watch over government

spending and keep them on budget

9) Demolish all of the other make believe councils congress has set up.

10) Get rid of every lobbiest in DC.

11) If you are here illegally you leave.

Last but not least.......

12) Implement the "Fairtax" so that EVERYONE IN THIS COUNTRY will pay taxes.

That's just a few off the top of my head though.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by lokdog
And repubs never go back on there word right? Its called polotics kid get used to it.

No kid,
It is called COMPLACENCY and you really shouldn't get used to it .

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

Personally I think that puppet card is used more than the race card. Pelousy is a bully and she bullied her way up to be the first female speaker of the house only to be thrown out as soon as possible. She makes business women look like plastic frigid heartless money grabbing and spending whores. She is her own master and no one's puppet. The puppet card is simply a cop-out for not being responsible for your own decisions and actions. She failed greatly and is only an illusion. Snakes still squirm even after they've been ousted.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quadrivium

Originally posted by lokdog

No kid,
It is called COMPLACENCY and you really shouldn't get used to it .

Oh your right, just keep making threads like this and it will all be better soon yeah.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by lokdog

I will, thanks.
But it is gonna take time to get to those, not unlike yourself, who are comfortable letting the goverment ruin our future. As long as your not being affected directly, at this small moment in time, you could care less. Stop and think about those who will come after you. What would you like to leave them?

edit on 17-5-2011 by Quadrivium because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by zroth

a "speaker" is designed to make noise.

no surprise with pelosi.

We need to tune her in to a new station.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
So you guys are mad?

You sound like the way I felt when conservatives decided to become fiscally aware after 8 years
of shore-leave...

Most of the solutions you proposed would be very well received with liberals
edit on 17-5-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quadrivium
reply to post by lokdog

I will, thanks.
But it is gonna take time to get to those, not unlike yourself, who are comfortable letting the goverment ruin our future. As long as your not being affected directly, at this small moment in time, you could care less. Stop and think about those who will come after you. What would you like to leave them?

edit on 17-5-2011 by Quadrivium because: (no reason given)

Hey, we are hearing the spending message

Are you guys ever gonna hear the corporatism message?

Like the people who employ the politicians first to get them into government???

The entities that then utilize the purchased politicians, to create new federal spending with the lobby...

edit on 17-5-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

It seems like just cutting all those programs would be pretty bad for the country. Tons of those things would just create huge amounts(more) of unemployed people who would probably all march on Washington.

Heck, even bringing the troops home to work on public works would put every construction company out of business.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join